70mai A800 4K dashcam

View attachment 56812
Bright sunny day license plates readability distance is ~15-20 meters with this custom lens and ~50 Mbps bitrate at 4k30 (H.265/HEVC). I guess I've found the proper lens for this device.
That lens makes a huge difference. The original produces bad warp effect and distortion. Does the dashcam handle that much bitrate with out overheating under normal driving? I wish I could increase the bitrate to the A800s as it is currently running at 24 Mbps max.
I wish you could teach me how to modify the firmware for that :happy:

The problem is that mine is the A800s and firmware won't be compatible.
Oh. Unfortunately I don't have this camera and therefore I have no idea how to adjust its bitrates.

Reactions: EGS
I wish I could increase the bitrate to the A800s as it is currently running at 24 Mbps max.
I wish you could teach me how to modify the firmware for that :happy:
Let's wait until somebody will download and repost the modified firmware at a usable hoster.
Then we can extract the rawparam data and compare the diffs. All huawei firmwares for 3556v200/3559v200 are very similar in design.
A800S is not designed by huawei and has completely different firmware structure (although it is also a Linux-based dashcam).

All huawei firmwares for 3556v200/3559v200 are very similar in design.
Not really. All modern firmwares have IQ settings (sceneparam) stored at the LiteOS (media_app) binary instead of sharefs.

Reactions: EGS
I'm bit late for the A800 show but I just got his camera and plan to use Russian made custom firmware to adjust bitrate and add Finnish voice acting for example. I installed the cam yesterday and still waiting for 70mai hardwire kit and RC06 rear cam to arrive from Aliexpress. Heres just quick test video I took yesterday soon after installation. Banggood still has this model in stock if someone is interested in buying it.

I'm bit late for the A800 show but I just got his camera and plan to use Russian made custom firmware to adjust bitrate and add Finnish voice acting for example. I installed the cam yesterday and still waiting for 70mai hardwire kit and RC06 rear cam to arrive from Aliexpress. Heres just quick test video I took yesterday soon after installation. Banggood still has this model in stock if someone is interested in buying it.

What bitrate have you set?

What bitrate have you set?
I'm still on latest official firmware. So what ever it is by default. I'll flash CFW later. I guess I need to get smaller 32 GB memory card for that procedure... Thanks again for providing the custom FW link. :)

Anyone know if the WIFI is active when parking mode is enabled with official hardwire kit?

Does this option in the screenshot work when you have 70mai hardwire kit in operation? So it enters to parking mode after set time(5,10,20min) not instantly after car is powered off?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220115-120457.png
    Screenshot_20220115-120457.png
    346.6 KB · Views: 4
No. This option is only for those who have constant power. When you connect a smart cable, your DVR will immediately turn off

No. This option is only for those who have constant power. When you connect a smart cable, your DVR will immediately turn off
Isn't there 5 minutes of regular recording before it enters to parking mode so you have time to leave car and smash doors without camera thinking someone is hitting your car? Can you set that time longer than 5 mins and is WIFi active in this 5 minutes time window before entering to parking mode(if WIFi is set always on in settings)? I don't have the 70mai hardwire kit just yet so I can't test it myself. Thanks.

Yet another question. Is there possibility of hard bricking the camera if I fail with CFW flashing procedure? Or is there always possibility to recover from brick? Just want to be sure before attempting to flash that CFW.

I can only read the Russian 4pda.to A800 thread with google translator so there is always possibility for bad translation which could let me do something wrong with the CFW installing.

Last edited:
Now 2 videos with 50mb/s bit rate 4K. I think the difference is huge in details:

Also temperature doesnt seem to get any higher with adjusted bit rate:

So far I'm very happy with the device. :)

Isn't there 5 minutes of regular recording before it enters to parking mode so you have time to leave car and smash doors without camera thinking someone is hitting your car? Can you set that time longer than 5 mins and is WIFi active in this 5 minutes time window before entering to parking mode(if WIFi is set always on in settings)? I don't have the 70mai hardwire kit just yet so I can't test it myself. Thanks.
Hi. No.
If you have a smart wire kit installed and you pull out the key, the ACC signal disappears. The DVR turns off and waits for a blow. The red VCC cable feeds the shock sensor. No, Wi-Fi does not work, because all functions except the shock sensor are disabled.
If the impact occurred from closing the door within 5 minutes, the DVR will turn on, record the event AFTER the impact for 1 minute and turn off. But it will not inform you about it, because it is considered false triggered (up to 5 minutes).
If the accident occurred after 5 minutes. The DVR will record this event and notify you the next time you turn it on normally.
The time of 5 minutes cannot be changed. Wi-Fi will not work in parking mode.
Yet another question. Is there possibility of hard bricking the camera if I fail with CFW flashing procedure? Or is there always possibility to recover from brick? Just want to be sure before attempting to flash that CFW.
I can only read the Russian 4pda.to A800 thread with google translator so there is always possibility for bad translation which could let me do something wrong with the CFW installing.
Yes there is a service firmware:
The firmware is for recovery only.
After recovery, you can flash another firmware.
Okay I installed the CFW and set bit rate to 50mb I guess? I'll post some footage soon. I also made Finnish voices for the device which are here for free to use by anyone in need and already converted to usable format in A800.

Great job! (y)

Do you know what is the highest custom set bit rate it can record 4K + rear cam without errors? I'm using Sandisk Extreme U3/V30 if that matters.

And do you happen to have or know how to get the original ...public/shutdown.m4a sound file which was overwrited by the Olga's voice in custom firmware? I'd like to have the original *bling-blang* sound instead of human voice I think. Thanks.

I'm on Windows device so I don't think I can extract the sound file myself from official firmware package that easily?

Last edited:
Back