70mai A800 4K dashcam

i saw your posts about how we downgrade the firmware so the parking mode works. I did it, i run now with 1.0.1 but still the same problem, i have no parking mode. I hit the glass over the camera, the orange light shows and then nothing.. I dont know what else to do, original hardwire kit, firmware 1.0.1 all other seems to be ok but parkning mode isnt workning
Any solution?
I have the same problem. The parking mode doesn't work with 1.0.1, original hardwire, and SanDisk Ultra card......

Hi all,
how the GPS data is stored in A800/A800s?
Is it embedded in video clips or saved under separate external GPS files with coordinates?
Can anyone share a sample raw video file and / or gps log?

Hi,

Sorry to hijack the thread.

I have a 70mai A800 plus the rear camera. I purchased the hardware kit so I could have parking mode but at the moment I just used the cigarette socket plug included until I can get the hardwired one installed.

I have a 2020 Skoda Kodiaq and just found out the cigarette socket is always powered!

So, I realise the hardwire kit has a low voltage protection to turn off the cameras when in parking mode if the car battery gets too low. What about when using the regular cable?

At the moment I have it sent to turn of 20 min after parking but it then stays off until I remember to press the power button or unplug and plug it back in, not ideal.

If there is also a low power protection with the standard cable then I’ll set it to never turn off.

Thank you!

Anyone? Just trying to see if I use the always on cigarette lighter, will it turn off below a certain voltage or will it completely drain the car battery? Thank you

Welcome to the forum MDkodiaq.

There are no low voltage cut off in the A800 as far as i know, or any other smart feature that would turn the camera off, so if your socket are on all the time so will the camera be.

Try and ask your car dealer, some times these sockets can be reprogrammed to not be on all the time.

Anyone? Just trying to see if I use the always on cigarette lighter, will it turn off below a certain voltage or will it completely drain the car battery? Thank you
it depends on whether your car's cigarette lighter have mechanism detect low voltage and cut off power to cig lighter.
else, there is chance that the camera will just keep recording and drain your battery, or the cam will just overheat, hung itself, and continue to drain your battery, so you ended with no recording, and dead battery.

I've tried hooking up my A800 to the blackvue power magic pro, which can do voltage/timer cutoff, and i've encountered camera hang if i park it under the sun for a few hours.

Hi guys, new here in this forum, I read all the pages, coming from a 70mai pro and after installing the A800+rear cam yesterday also the same problem, no parking mode working....will downgrade FW today after work, also oredered a new SD card Samsung Evo select 128gb.....by the way, the vocal assistance also don't work !! Before on my pro version, all was working, vocal assistance for fotos and videos, you have an Idea why the vocal assistance not working ??
Thank you for your good advices and keep going !!

Hi guys, new here in this forum, I read all the pages, coming from a 70mai pro and after installing the A800+rear cam yesterday also the same problem, no parking mode working....will downgrade FW today after work, also oredered a new SD card Samsung Evo select 128gb.....by the way, the vocal assistance also don't work !! Before on my pro version, all was working, vocal assistance for fotos and videos, you have an Idea why the vocal assistance not working ??
Thank you for your good advices and keep going !!
There is not voice control on this. Do you mean the ADAS?
For the parking you must have the hardwire kit of 70mai.
Parking mode on this camera works only when there is an impact, a lot of people have
problems with the sensibility...
Try to reset the settings and configure again

There is not voice control on this. Do you mean the ADAS?
For the parking you must have the hardwire kit of 70mai.
Parking mode on this camera works only when there is an impact, a lot of people have
problems with the sensibility...
Try to reset the settings and configure again
Thank you for your answer, I will follow the guide of Kevin613 and see if there is something better !!
Very strange that this A800 has less capacity then my old 70mai pro !!
With my old 70mai pro I had voice control on taking pictures and videos when I was driving !!
If no voice control, definitely not useless at all this A800 !!!
Will see if I can downgrade the FW, other wise will take mount back my old 70mai pro
I don't want to install a HW kit, my car is new and we never know with the warranty

1.0.9ww not work parck mode with hw kit not original xiomi

Inviato dal mio SM-G973F utilizzando Tapatalk

Solution ?

1.0.1ww park mode ok

Thanks. Downgrade to 1.0.1ww from 1.0.6ww successfully. It works very well. Parking mode is workable......
Hi Snoopy, i DL this 1.0.1 ww to make a downgrade, after DL what are the next steps ??
Thank you

1.0.1ww downgrade for 70mai A800

1. Format the memory card in the DVR.
2. Remove the memory card. The DVR will turn off. Do not disconnect the charger.
3. insert the memory card into the PC and delete all contents from the memory card. Not format.
4. Copy the contents of the firmware archive to the root of the memory card. All eight files from the archive must be located in the root of the memory card.
5. insert the memory card with the firmware into the DVR, press the far-right button and the power button. Hold 2 buttons until the arrow appears in English.Now you can let go.
6. Went the flashing process.
7. after flashing, a green check mark should appear and the DVR will turn off. Firmware is complete. Turn on the DVR with the power button.

Thank you Aspide76, there is 14 files on the FW 1.0.1
When arrive to step 5. i press on the 2 bottons, but i have only the screen opening with 70mai and after it goes black screen, what i am doing wrong ??

Last edited:
Here is a photo from all files on the SD cardIMG_20210416_173438.jpg

Envoyé de mon M2007J1SC en utilisant Tapatalk

Attenzione. No format sd with PC.
Sd in fat32 format in 700mai.
Cancel files in sd and past 14 file.

Yes it's what I have done, first format the SD in the DVR, delete all the file once on the PC, put the 14 files, but not working......
The SD card is a Kingston 32gb, today I will receive the Samsung Evo select 128, will try again

Back