808 #26 Micro-Camera Due Mid-April 2013

Hi to interesting forum,
this camera looks promising, I have 808 720p and would also want to have 1080p,
It will be good if they release this camera with wide lens!

For wide lens they will need to make another case. I think they will start selling this model and after few weeks thinking for the wide lens. The same story was also with the previous model.
I am not a big fan for wide lens regarding these small cameras because I want to remain also as a "spy" camera. But if the can fit a wider lens than the actual 70 degrees lens inside the case will be great. At least 90 degrees and I hope without distortion, because distortion is the thing I don't like at the wide lens.

enjoy,
Mtz

In this week it should be released to the public. I will have one when it will be officially released and I will write about it in this forum.
Regarding the mount, my advice is to wait for a new mount to be launched.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
In this week it should be released to the public. I will have one when it will be officially released and I will write about it in this forum.
Regarding the mount, my advice is to wait for a new mount to be launched.

enjoy,
Mtz
Shipped last Friday?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Nothing shipped from China to me until now.

enjoy,
Mtz

I've emailed Foxoffer to ask if he is getting them, don't want to pay $100. I think it's too much for this camera.

It would make a nice rear camera.

Or maybe even the front camera in my car, where this could be mounted centrally.

Hi everyone! Just joined the forum.
I am currently using mode #16 cam and the only thing missing is auto start/stop function. So I am looking forward for someone to confirm that #26 model will have that :)

According to the spec it does. HTH.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Mtz said:
Nothing shipped from China to me until now.

enjoy,
Mtz
Anything yet?
Looking forward to your opinions :-)

Next week will be finalized the car mounts, also the waterproof mount. The previous blue mount will be changed to a better one.
The car mount will be like this:

Is detachable and on the windshield will remain only a small black square with the 3M tape.

About camera heating they changed a little the cooling technology to offer max. 50 degrees heat.
So I can say that from the middle of the next week we can receive the final version of the camera.

The firmware and Setout Tool will be improved, and the latest one already received a user request about the user screen text which they are calling it Date Stamp Logo:

enjoy,
Mtz

Attachments

• 808 #26 mount.jpg
    808 #26 mount.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 224
  • DV898 date stamp logo.jpg
    DV898 date stamp logo.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 224
This is going to be a super super neat install for a basic car cam.

Not sure whether to have something like it for my rear cam or another lk-7900 (Of course there are other full size cams but the Lukas I already have and is the best overall cam out there ATM IMO - so many new cams coming out with just as good hardware spec on paper but many no clue about reliability, proper English support, etc.).

The 808 #16 #18 #26 are not dedicated dashcams, but at least the #26 can be used better as "the smallest dashcam".
I think smaller than #26 is not possible. Even the mount is small, I just hope the mount to not be bigger than the dashcam.
Also I hope they will sell the previous mount with 2 pairs of black square 3M tape. If some people have 2 cars they can change the camera with the car they are driving because the stuck part is already fixed on the windshield.

enjoy,
Mtz

And now with waterproof case for $120.

These days will be available the car mount too.

enjoy,
Mtz

Attachments

• Helmet mount.JPG
    Helmet mount.JPG
    486.2 KB · Views: 186
  • Bike mount.JPG
    Bike mount.JPG
    458.3 KB · Views: 186
That looks very nice for only $10 more. Who needs a dedicated action cam? Now you have a car cam and action cam in a very small package. You could even use that case for mounting externally on a car :-)

Pity I wouldn't be able to get one for this weekend, doing something where a tiny action cam would be superb.

Given the shipping costs it will be worth it to get all the mounts at once with the camera so I think I'll wait until I can do that.

Sorry for the price I wrote: is $120 not $110. On ebay always was $120. I corrected my previous post from $110 to $120.

Yes, I remember some forum user which wants to put the camera outside of the car and long riding in Australia.
But we must consider if we want it for longer trips than 40 minutes we have about 3 choices if using the actual wateproof case:
- to not drive only 40 minutes for 1080p but 70 minutes for 720p
- make a hole in the waterproof case and insert there the charger USB connector
- modding in some way the #26 camera, insert 2 tiny wires for charging the dashcam. And hoping that 2 tiny wires to not damage the rings which are sealing the waterproof case. There is no place to add the USB connector.

enjoy,
Mtz

Could drill your own hole and fit a waterproof cable gland, should be easy as long as the nut on the backside doesn't foul the camera.

http://shop.mobileweb.ebay.com/searchre ... NewKw=true

Should be possible to get a tiny gland that doesn't foul the camera I think.

Back