808 #26 Micro-Camera Due Mid-April 2013

But still no room for USB connector.

enjoy,
Mtz

True :-(
Must be some way of powering it in the case though ;-)
Wonder how big the connector is once you lose the shroud - would be tricky to get in and out without though... Hmm. Have to get one and play...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Forget the connector idea and is already a long one. More than that, the micro USB connector is not a standard format so if you are planning to play with the cables prepare to buy at least one for spare.
From my #18 experience they have 3 cables:
- one USB Cable just for charging which is long and contain only 2 wires for charging
- one USB Cable for data transfer, WebCam and charging
- one USB AV Cable for AV Out and charging

I ordered the USB AV Cable as spare because seems to be the most complicated and for $4 I want to be in the safe area.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
Forget the connector idea and is already a long one. More than that, the micro USB connector is not a standard format so if you are planning to play with the cables prepare to buy at least one for spare.
From my #18 experience they have 3 cables:
- one USB Cable just for charging which is long and contain only 2 wires for charging
- one USB Cable for data transfer, WebCam and charging
- one USB AV Cable for AV Out and charging

I ordered the USB AV Cable as spare because seems to be the most complicated and for $4 I want to be in the safe area.

enjoy,
Mtz
I wonder how much room the case really has, wether it would be possible to hack apart the usb connector and make it fit into that case somehow, no matter the presentation of the cable.

As I already said, the best is to use 2 tiny wires. For 5V we don't need more. That wires can be attached over the actual USB pins and took out near through the reset hole. You can even enlarge just a little that hole if you don't have such tiny wires.
Here is an example of my old #18 720p camera and the pictures is just to show that I can insert 2 wires in the hole.

enjoy,
Mtz

Attachments

• 2 wires.jpg
    2 wires.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 171
Mtz said:
As I already said, the best is to use 2 tiny wires. For 5V we don't need more. That wires can be attached over the actual USB pins and took out near through the reset hole. You can even enlarge just a little that hole if you don't have such tiny wires.
Here is an example of my old #18 720p camera and the pictures is just to show that I can insert 2 wires in the hole.

enjoy,
Mtz
And is it safe enough that they won't short, pop out etc?

Withe experience, good eyes and tools you can imagine here what you can do.

enjoy,
Mtz

PS: I hope you will not respond to me again with another quote. I just don't like them when are from the previous post. 8-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mtz said:
PS: I hope you will not respond to me again with another quote. I just don't like them when are from the previous post. 8-)
Not going to change my ways ;)
Though I guess I'd still prefer to solder the wires to the back of the connector to be able to easily take them out and put back in.

Kynar wire would help make it easy.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

newbie here, tried a bunch of searches, but don't know the right keyword to search for!

How does Ambarella based chip compare to 808#26?

Am thinking of getting a good Ambarella based dashcam, or getting this one (which can also be used as a keycam)

What are the fundamental differences?

I tried searching ambaraella vs 808 but couldnt get much info..

The difference is not only in the chipset, but in the lens, firmware, if cameras have bugs.
Because #26 is a small camera not dedicated only for driving it have a small lens compared to its sister the DR32. Look for some DR32 videos because that camera have the same chipset, just the lens differ and in this way you can compare some Ambarella videos and some iCatch videos.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
The difference is not only in the chipset, but in the lens, firmware, if cameras have bugs.
Because #26 is a small camera not dedicated only for driving it have a small lens compared to its sister the DR32. Look for some DR32 videos because that camera have the same chipset, just the lens differ and in this way you can compare some Ambarella videos and some iCatch videos.

enjoy,
Mtz

Sorry to clarify, this means #26 have same chipset as DR32 ? (icatch)?

Yes! And same factory and development team.
But the lens are different.

enjoy,
Mtz

Where's the bike mount on eBay?

Suppose you don't have to buy official one, any bike tripod mount will do.

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Because of standard mount you can use any camera mounts but first you need to have the case which is holding the camera which is containing the hole for the screw.

enjoy,
Mtz

Does anyone know it is possible to by extended length lens for this? Hetai shop sells extension length lenses but seems it is only for other model?

I think they are now very busy with releasing the #26, then will release the wide lens. After that is possible (if users will ask about this) they will think to extended length lens, but I am not sure if is easy for the user to open the case and replace the lens because of different technology compared to #18.

enjoy,
Mtz

Here's the car mount, can also be used as a mini helmet mount:

$T2eC16VHJHwE9n8iiIo6BRndd1E1Tw~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqVHJEQFGSDlcLmpBRndd4C,i!~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqNHJF!FGSRm9FZBBRndd7FKRw~~60_12.JPG

Nice, but I don't see the hole for the USB connector. When used in car it should be always connected. Maybe that is only the mount for the helmet.
The best mount in my vision is when the camera is placed and connected in just one move. The mount to contain the USB connected and when inserting the camera in the mount it to start recording. For my car I will invent something like this. One move > put the camera and recording > one move take the camera out. One move, one hand, one second.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back