808 #26 Micro-Camera Due Mid-April 2013

I notice that Icatch 6330 (used in #26) also support "image stabilization"

"iCatch V33 Solution for Hybrid 1080p30 DSC/DV Cameras
The SPCA6330A (V33) Hybrid Camera Controller is a highly-integrated SoC solution for DSC and DV applications. It supports high ISO-6400 at full picture resolution, image stabilization for both video and still images, and still image capture at 16M pixel resolution in less than one second between consecutive shots, using iCatch’s advanced still and video processing technologies.

Outstanding still image quality is achieved even in very low-light conditions through iCatch’s superior noise reduction technology that avoids the blur caused by long exposure times associated with camera vibrations due to handshake. The high performance H.264 codec enables the camera to shoot full HD videos and compress the data into small files."

One big problem I find with Keycams is they are so small, so any kind of hand held video is super shaky and jerky. I did a test where I stick my Iphone5 + 808#16 (novatek) side by side, and record something. When I play back, the Iphone5 is DEFINITELY less shakey / vibrations. I know for sure iphone5 has some video stablization processing power.

Since Icatch 6330 has stabilization built into the chip, so that means #26 will have image stablization?

Thanks...

Velcro the camera to a brick, help minimise shaking :-)

Guess they aren't really suitable for handheld use, better to strap it to your body somehow eg using the new mini helmet mount you could strap it to your arm.

Don't know if they enabled the stabilisation.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Mine just arrived :)
[thumbnail]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81066738/Mikk/808%2326/IMG_20130524_112630.jpg[/thumbnail][thumbnail]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81066738/Mikk/808%2326/IMG_20130524_112737.jpg[/thumbnail][thumbnail]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81066738/Mikk/808%2326/IMG_20130524_112747.jpg[/thumbnail][thumbnail]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81066738/Mikk/808%2326/IMG_20130524_113001.jpg[/thumbnail]

Awesome!!!

Please please post some handheld videos ?

I just ordered mine but mile take a week order to arrive.

Mikk36 said:
Hmm... you didn't received 3 cables?
1 charger cable (missing?)
1 USB cable
1 AV Cable

The charger cable is supposed to auto-start the camera when charger detected (engine running). Also the AV cable should do this, but the USB cable not.
You can use the AV cable but with some extension USB cable, I think.

enjoy,
Mtz

sundash said:
Mikk36 said:

here did you buy? I want to buy next month, a # 26 and Luke LK-70oo ACE.
Didn't buy it.
Recording quality seems good, audio is fine.
Haven't tested it in a car yet, not sure when I get the opportunity though, since it has a non-standard USB lead, looks like an UC-E6. Will confirm that with Hetai.

1080p30: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/810 ... IP0012.AVI
720p60: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/810 ... IP0013.AVI
720p30: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/810 ... IP0014.AVI

Mtz said:
1 USB cable
1 AV Cable

The charger cable is supposed to auto-start the camera when charger detected (engine running). Also the AV cable should do this, but the USB cable not.

enjoy,
Mtz
What you see on the images is all that I got.
The same USB cable should also work in a car USB adapter, since it doesn't have any data pins connected there, although I'm already thinking of making a longer cable myself to run from where I grab the power for it.

Edit: tested in car, doesn't automatically start recording. Maybe it's due to the default configuration not having it enabled?

Last edited by a moderator:
Camera should work in this way:
When camera is finding only 2 wires in the USB connector it will charge and start automatic recording. Try with the AV cable not with the USB cable even your charger is not offering data signal.
When camera is finding 4 wires in the USB connector, connected to the PC, it will connect as Data transmission and charging.
The Setout tool doesn't have until now a setting for Auto-Start but I already proposed it to Hetai. We will not see it soon because there are other priorities for now.

The micro USB connector from Hetai is complicated (one pin is connected to another pin to enable AV Out) and should be purchased only from them. I always suggested to buy at least one spare cable, depending of your needings. I purchased 2 complete sets (2x3pcs) to be sure I have anytime all I want. They are selling the charger too, but if you already have one which offer over 500mA is not needed their charger.

Mikk36, when you will order the mount order also the charger cable because is longer, or any mount you want. For example I want the waterproof case too.

enjoy,
Mtz

Attachments

• 808 #26 cables.jpg
    808 #26 cables.jpg
    426.9 KB · Views: 302
On they're eBay listing,they don't have the charger USB cable listed, only the AV and data cable are there.
Package Includes:
1 pc x #26 Mini HD Key Chain Video Camera (Not include the Memory Card)
1 pc x USB cable
1pc x Card reader

Ok, a short test in a car, held it in hand, because I didn't mount it yet, since I can't get the autostart to work.

Connected to a Car USB adapter:

Didn't start recording with either cable.

Video quality looking good :)

Thanks for posting!

If you have any indoor videos it would be great too!

sundash said:
Mikk36 said:

here did you buy? I want to buy next month, a # 26 and Luke LK-70oo ACE.

Using 26 for rear?

Mtz said:
Mikk36 said:
1 USB cable
1 AV Cable

enjoy,
Mtz

The only one that they sell separately is the av cable. The camera only comes with the USB cable. So it should work with this cable..

Looks like he got the AV cable as a freebie :-)

Re:

Jazzist said:
Mtz said:
Mikk36 said:
1 USB cable
1 AV Cable

enjoy,
Mtz

The only one that they sell separately is the av cable. The camera only comes with the USB cable. So it should work with this cable..

Looks like he got the AV cable as a freebie :-)

Nope, the only thing as a freebie was the manual. The eBay listing says they'll send it as a PDF to your email.

Auction must say it comes with AV cable then , I didn't think so, my mistake.

Isn't the micro SD card reader a freebie as well?

Jazzist said:
Isn't the micro SD card reader a freebie as well?
Yup, didn't remember that. It was also a freebie for the DR32 camera.

Yes, is the same cable as the #18 cable, but that pinout wasn't officially confirmed by Hetai. Last year I asked them if that is the pinout and they said no. But I didn't trusted their response.
This is the pinout in just one picture:

Did you tested the AV cable to see if is starting the Auto-Record when it is connected to charger?

enjoy,
Mtz

Attachments

• Keycam18Pinout.jpg
    Keycam18Pinout.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 256
Mtz said:
Did you tested the AV cable to see if is starting the Auto-Record when it is connected to charger?
It doesn't start auto-record (didn't I even post a video of testing that out!?).
Reportedly I have a wrong cable and they should post a proper one to me tomorrow.

Just got my #26!!!

So far am really enjoying the video quality
However I am facing One problem.

I can't seem to do anyhing but switch on, start and ago recording!

The Manual talks about yellow and green led lights. However all I see is a red LED light that flashes when I power on, stops flashing (steady red) during record.

Pressing mode button does nothing??

Am I the only one facing this problem?

I've tried resetting with reset button, no change.

Thanks!!

sprockett said:
Just got my #26!!!

So far am really enjoying the video quality
However I am facing One problem.

I can't seem to do anyhing but switch on, start and ago recording!

The Manual talks about yellow and green led lights. However all I see is a red LED light that flashes when I power on, stops flashing (steady red) during record.

Pressing mode button does nothing??

Am I the only one facing this problem?

I've tried resetting with reset button, no change.

Thanks!!
Power it on with the middle button, it starts recording right away (blinking LED).
Press the top button to stop (LED constantly on) and again to start recording again.
Press the bottom button to switch resolution while not recording (LED constantly on).

Red - 1080p30
Green - 720p60
Orange - 720p30

Back