900X Plus Powers down even though its hooked to fully charged Cellink Neo Battery

Diamond Dog

Reaction score
Country
United States
Installed a 900X PLus 2 channel and a Cell Link Neo Battery

• This issue occurs whether or not I use the Samsung Pro Endurance 128 GB card or the Blackvue OEM card
  • Formatted the card in ExFAT and then updated to most current firmware from Blackvue site on my PC
    • copied the folder to a freshly formatted SD card, inserted and let the camera do the rest
  • Dashcam in plugged unto the "output port" of battery. Input is set to HIGH as its hard wired
  • Cellink App shows 100% charged and 14 V outputs. When you turn off ignition it drops to 13.9 or 13.8 at times and remains steady
  • When the car runs it will read as high as 14.26 V
  • Took a voltmeter to the end of the male plug that plugs into the dashcam. It reads 13.9 at all times
  • Checked my Blackvue settings via the app and it shows that parking mode should record (not off and not motion)
  • All the cutoff settings are off and not enabled
  • I downgraded to 1.0 version of firmware on the OEM SD card and it did not help

When I turn on the car, it goes into normal recording. When I turn off the car it says "powering down" shortly after it says "wifi connected" and sometimes before the "wifi connected speech can complete" and does not go into parking mode.

When I unplug the power cable, it tests at 13.9 V and then plug it back in, it does not turn on the camera. I have to start the car and it turns on and when I turn off it again powers down instead of going into paring mode.

Can anyone help? Should I be testing anything in addition to DC volts with my voltmeter?

Last edited:
  • All the cutoff settings are off and not enabled
The X series of dashcams with the internal battery protection feature, must have the "Firmware Settings > System > Battery Protection" feature enabled to prevent the dashcam from turning off when the accessory power feed is removed when you turn off the vehicle's ignition/accesory power. I found this out during my review of the various X series dashcams.

Enabling the "Battery Protection" feature will enable the "Low voltage cut-off" feature as well. I set my cut-off voltage to 11.8 volts (passenger vehicles setting). It seems odd to enable that feature and cut-off value, but the dashcam doesn't know it's powered by a dashcam battery pack so you still have to enable that feature and set the cut-off voltage at a value that should never be experienced from the battery pack. If the battery pack turns off the power to the dashcam, the supercapacitor in the dashcam will/should gracefully shutdown the dashcam. In theory, you could set the cut-off voltage higher if you wanted, but I don't see the need with a dashcam battery pack powering the dashcam.

The X series of dashcams with the internal battery protection feature, must have the "Firmware Settings > System > Battery Protection" feature enabled to prevent the dashcam from turning off when the accessory power feed is removed when you turn off the vehicle's ignition/accesory power. I found this out during my review of the various X series dashcams.

Enabling the "Battery Protection" feature will enable the "Low voltage cut-off" feature as well. I set my cut-off voltage to 11.8 volts (passenger vehicles setting). It seems odd to enable that feature and cut-off value, but the dashcam doesn't know it's powered by a dashcam battery pack so you still have to enable that feature and set the cut-off voltage at a value that should never be experienced from the battery pack. If the battery pack turns off the power to the dashcam, the supercapacitor in the dashcam will/should gracefully shutdown the dashcam. In theory, you could set the cut-off voltage higher if you wanted, but I don't see the need with a dashcam battery pack powering the dashcam.
Thank you. I figured it out right before you posted this. You are correct. You have to enable the battery saving feature even though you have an external battery. Its not logically and counter intuitive to those that have had previous models. They should make a warning (leave this setting on with external battery) in a firmware update

Thank you for your post though!

You can now enable the "Battery Protection" and turn off all the voltage cut-off settings. I agree this should not be linked to parking mode either.

If "Battery Protection" feature is OFF, wired parking mode does not work. There should be another option called "Wired parking mode" (on/off toggle) instead.

Also, even if you have wired parking mode setup , the car will still going into parking mode, if the car is running and you don't move for more than 5 minutes. Weird. :unsure:

You can now enable the "Battery Protection" and turn off all the voltage cut-off settings. I agree this should not be linked to parking mode either.

If "Battery Protection" feature is OFF, wired parking mode does not work. There should be another option called "Wired parking mode" (on/off toggle) instead.

Also, even if you have wired parking mode setup , the car will still going into parking mode, if the car is running and you don't move for more than 5 minutes. Weird. :unsure:
I just checked my DR900X-2CH Plus with the updated v1.005 firmware and used the v3.29 BlackVue android app and sure enough the "Low voltage cut-off" and "Cut-off time" settings no longer get grayed out when you turn off the "Battery protection" feature.

I believe it was in my DR900X-2CH Plus dashcam review video, I made a suggestion to Pittasoft to have a "Motion based parking mode" firmware setting that could be toggled on/off. The motion based parking mode is active in all of their dashcams even if you hardwire the dashcam for instantaneous entry/exit of parking mode. If you have it wired to support parking mode transitions by using the 3-wire configuration, I don't see the added value of leaving the motion based parking mode enabled. It wouldn't be as big of a deal to me if there was a low bitrate parking mode that included audio. That way if it went into motion based parking mode simply because your vehicle has been stationary for 5-minutes, you wouldn't lose the audio while in parking mode. First world problems...

Back