A bunch of my own dash cam videos......

My friend was fined for going 1 kmh too fast, so he was doing 56 kmh in this town ( 50 limit ) and then they deduct 5 kmh to make sure the equipment are not to blame for anything, and 51 kmh was left and thats too much.
In the grand perspective this is okay by me, but must suck to get a fine for that.
Reckless driving are actually a very new thing in the Danish traffic code, we only had it for a year, and aside for the fine you car also get taken and sold, so far in less than a year +500 cars have been taken, from craft man work vans to very expensive sports cars.
These are mainly speeding offenses ( +100 % ) or over 200 kmh on motorways ( limit 130 / 110 kmh ) and then of course DUI with a BAC over 2.0

So I'm driving along on the Southern State when this black truck decides to merge into my lane at the last minute.

Gave him a honk to let him know I was there, then a little squirt from the tailgater washer for good measure.

I guess that pissed him off and put him in rage mode cause after he went around, he did the typical brake check and almost hits the Nissan in the middle lane.

After that, I just let him be and figured I'd use the footage to compare some of my cameras

Camera(s) used:

BlueSkySea B1W (set at 720p)
BlueSkySea B2W (set at 1080p/1080p)
BlueSkySea Mini0906 (set at 720p/720p)
BlueSkySea B4K (set at 4K/1080p)

You should add skunk "flavor" to that spray fluid :devilish:

AKA. Butyl seleno-mercaptan (C4H9SeH)

If people drive like A - holes, why not make them smell like one too,,,,,,, only fair in my book

Random Crackhead steps on my hitch, so I give him a little blast of air lol

Camera(s) used:

BlueSkySea B1W
BlueSkySea B2W (audio only)
BlueSkySea Mini0906

Some 360* footage of me cruising the local car show (watch in YouTube App for VR view on smart phone or tablet)

Camera used:

Insta360 One X2

I'll have some more footage from BlueSkySea B2W when I get a chance to edit.

While working on my van this weekend I somehow managed to knock off a few of the wheel weights, which cause a bit of a vibe over 90

I no longer have a balancing machine at my shop in Orlando and didn't want to make the drive back to NY with the bad vibes, so I took it to a local tire shop to have them all balanced

Told the manager to just balance them (no rotation or anything else)

Also gave her a heads up about the train horns, since they typically beep the horn when backing up, but she neglected to let her workers know (I think on purpose lol)

Went to the waiting room and about ~30 minutes later, I took a peek and didn't see my van anywhere

For whatever reason, the worker took it out for a spin :unsure:

He came back, did the job and got a little surprise when backing out ;)

Camera(s)used:

BlueSkySea B2W

Old Town Car Show/Cruise (10/30/21)

Camera(s) used:

BlueSkySea B2W
DJI Osmo Pocket
Samsung Note 9

Well, this is embarrassing

While backing up out of our driveway, I ended up hitting our new neighbor's car (they just moved in)

Totally my fault

No excuse, just not paying attention (I was yapping about a car I'm bidding on)

What's funny is that I had my cargo carrier on for the last few weeks, which made the reverse sensor go crazy whenever I'd back up and I'd just ignore it.

Took off the carrier yesterday and still ignored the beep even though it was really trying to warn me (DOH!!)

Luckily the new neighbor was cool about it and I just told him to go to a nearby shop for an estimate.

Camera(s) used:

BlueSkySea B2W
BlueSkySea Mini0906

Thank you for having the integrity to share this embarrassing event. None of us are perfect drivers but that's what we should strive for.

It's been awhile since I watched some of my own driving videos with a critical eye to see if there's something I need to improve on. I recommend that everyone do this because you'll be surprised what you see on the screen that you didn't see when behind the wheel :eek: In Video Veritas!

Phil

Honestly, I blame modern safety technology :cautious:

Stuff like blind spot monitoring, lane assist, reverse cameras, Pre-Collision Systems, distance sensors, etc., all they really do is make dumber drivers :unsure:

Case in point

I've been driving my Sienna that has all these features for a while now and I've gotten so used to them that whenever I get into a basic vehicle with no bells and whistles, I seem lost :shy:

The other day I was reversing my 70 Trans Am and actually looked down at the factory AM/FM radio thinking there would be a backup screen there (doh!!)

I am of the belief that all those smart things, they should keep under wraps for when cars will have to do the driving them self.
I am even on the fence about ABS and electric windows and seats, but aircon i do like, and would also like a heated windscreen and steering wheel / seats.

The danger of technology is that it will be misused. It's there to assist safety, not to replace us doing our job of driving safely using every means we have first and along with it. My old bus has a lap/shoulder belt, and primitive anti-lock rear brakes as far as safety technology goes, but it's best safety feature is the bigass high picture window in front which lets me see what I need to be ready for sooner and better than most cars do- the rest is on me and I'm good with that :cool:

Phil

I remember a few years ago seeing a commercial advertising a car with some type of lane keeping technology. They sold it as letting you confidently pass between two cars on either side of you on a three lane road. I always thought if you need some type of technology to feel comfortable passing other cars on the road, then you probably shouldn't be driving.

All you need is those first two words in the title to describe driving here anytime and anyplace:
"Always Idiots".
And always plenty of them here too :cautious:

Phil

So the PCS system in my van activated again last night.

Those of you that have been following know it has a tendancy to activate while driving over railroad tracks, but in this instance, it happened over a steel plate on the road that I've been driving over for months without issue

You can tell in the video when it gives me an audio and visual warning before locking up the brakes and tightening up my seatbelt

Camera(s) used:

BlueSkySea B2W

Installed dual dash cams on my E-Bike

20211217-081816.jpg

20211217-085546.jpg

20211217-081809.jpg

20211217-081749.jpg

20211218-003545.jpg

20211218-003251.jpg

20211218-004028.jpg

20211218-014036.jpg

20211218-015402.jpg