A bunch of my own dash cam videos......

Lots of fast & furry ricer boys in that video. :rolleyes:

The fines for speeding will be adjusted ( UP ) here, not by a whole lot, but still some.
The impounding / confiscation i think are a much better tool, but that is of course reserved for the very worst cases.

A kid borrowed his fathers work van on a weekend ( the mere sight of a work van on a weekend is enough to get police wondering )
Turns out the kid loaded a bunch of his friends into the back of the van ( illegal no seat belts ) so when the police wanted to stop them, the dumb kid tried to outrun the police in a loaded van.
The result was he crashed the van, wrecking it it, so police had to call the father telling him to come get his tools and what not in his wrecked car if he wanted them, cuz what was left of the car would be confiscated due to the kids driving, thru red lights and what not.
Beside loosing his car the father will probably also hear from the tax authorities, as a work van are on a reduced tax and illegal to use for other things but work, so he will probably get a big bill from the tax man too.

While I agree with higher fines for racing/reckless driving, I'm not a fan of any type of asset forfeiture as there's way too much room for corruption

I was actually a victim of this many years ago (2000) when I was pulled over for speeding in NY and the officer lied his ass off and hit me with multiple moving violations to add up to reckless, which at the time a new law had just been passed to forfeit any vehicle used in a reckless violation.

It was this car:

Went to court and all of my charges were dropped, but it didn't end there.

When I went to pick up my car, the impound informed me that the NYPD wanted to keep my car under the new asset forfeiture law and that I would have to sue them in order to get it back, even though my criminal case had already been dismissed.

I had to lawyer up and sue them in order to get my property back

Long story short, I spent over $15k in lawyer/court fees and didn't see my car for 7 months while still making payments on it

Countless innocent drivers had their vehicles wrongfully forfeited under this law

Those who couldn't afford to fight it simply let them auction their vehicles off

Years later, it was found to be unconstitutional and the remaining vehicles (what was left of them) were returned to their owners because the city couldn't afford to store them any longer.

Anyhoo, on the same note, here's a video from my Uncle's Dash Cam on Tuesday night

Speeding Dodge Charger wrecks after clipping a Jeep and tow truck

Camera Used:

APEMAN C550

Yeah.
If they take your car here for reckless driving, it still have to pass by a judge, though it do seem like in most cases the judge also agree with the police.
If it is speeding, then you still have to put in a effort and go 100 % above the speed limit on regular streets and over 200 kmh on the motorway where there is a 130 kmh limit ( there are zones with 110 kmh at on / off ramps )

Things are not unconstitutional here, but of course we Danes have a constitution that appear to not be that much targeted at the benefits of the people. :oops: Even if it have been revised and added to many times over the years,,,,, IMO it should be totally rewritten to deal with the challenges of today.

PS: taking on what appear to be a heavy wrecker with a car,,,,,, thats a loose - loose situation :rolleyes:

Last edited:
So my niece gets into a minor fender bender yesterday :confused:

Luckily no one was hurt and the lady she hit was really nice about the whole situation, but I'm really annoyed with her cause she needs to pay better attention to the road :cautious:

And don't get me started on the texting and running the red light at the end :mad:

From the time she got her car, I outfitted it with a dash cam and told her if she ever got into an accident to be sure to unplug it so it doesn't loop over the footage :cool:

Camera(s) used:

BlueSkySea B2W

Yeah, talking in cars you really do have to be impolite and not look at the person you are taking to,,,,,,, which is no problem for me even if i am not driving and stand face to face with a person,,,,, it is frustrating i can tell.

Just some footage from Labor day where I get surrounded by a bunch of biker hooligans

Figured I'd make a short clip comparing 3 of the camera setups

First Clip: BlueSkySea B4K

The front cam is 4K, but the rear cam is 1080p

Second Clip: BlueSkySea Mini0906

Both front and rear cams are set to 720p

Third Clip: BlueSkySea B2W

Both front and rear cams are set to 1080p

Recommend FFmpeg to convert .TS file from B4K dash cam. It will not lose video quality with this tool!

Recommend FFmpeg to convert .TS file from B4K dash cam. It will not lose video quality with this tool!
It will not lose quality if you know how to use it, but it can easily be made to lose as much quality as you want, and you can accidentally lose quality if you don’t know how to use it.

Great tool if you spend a bit of time learning it, can do almost everything.

Too bad the locals can not deal with yahoos like this like they would have in the old days.

This town dont take kindly to your kind :mad:

Watched High plains drifter a few days ago.

but I'm really annoyed with her cause she needs to pay better attention to the road :cautious:
Not convinced that it was really an attention issue, more attention would have helped, but we are all human and everybody glances away occasionally. She needs to leave a gap of more than 1 second to the car in front, with a <1 second gap you can't safely glance away for 1 second! With a 2 second gap she would have been absolutely fine. Maybe needs a lesson in hitting the brakes harder too, in an emergency when you don't have time to think, let the ABS do the thinking until you have had time to make a judgement.

Tried downloading it multiple times, but wasn't able to get it to work on any of my machines

If someone could explain what I'm doing wrong, please let me know

I actually tried downloading the footage using the Wifi and it did in fact download the files as MP4's, however, it took quite a while (20+ minutes for the rear camera clip and 45+ minutes for the front camera clip).

In the end, when I searched for the files on my phone, all that was transferred was 15 seconds for each clip :unsure:

Brought the camera in the house, plugged it into the wall and let it download both files again via Wifi, but after over an hour of waiting, it still only had 15 seconds to show for each clip :confused:

I abandoned the idea and just uploaded the TS files to YouTube directly, then downloaded them as MP4's for editing purposes

Anyhoo, here's today's random clip comparing the camera setups:

Camera(s) Used:

BlueSkySea B4K
BlueSkySea Mini0906
BlueSkySea B2W
BlueSkySea B1W

If someone could explain what I'm doing wrong, please let me know
What is inside the ts_convert file? Or where can I download it?

Dropping the video file on the ts_convert file on a PC seems the sensible way to use it, but it does depend on what is in the ts_convert file...

Hi guys,
98 SE...
If you cannot get that program to work, you may want to take a look at AVC free.
I don't know if you've tried this free program before so...
Linky > https://www.any-video-converter.com/video-converter-free/

It may be a tad slow but it does what it says on the tin & more.
Lotsa included features as well.

If you cannot get that program to work, you may want to take a look at AVC free.
ffmpeg works fine, and quickly.

To work as the OP was trying to use it, the simplest contents for the ts_convert file are:

ffmpeg -i %1 -c copy -y %~n1.mp4​
or if you want to drop multiple .ts files on it to convert them all:
for %%n in ( %* ) do ffmpeg -i %%n -c copy -y %%~nn.mp4​
or if you want to drop multiple .ts files on it, and have them all go into a single mp4 file for ease of handling, still with original quality:
for %%n in ( %* ) do echo file '%%n' >> files.txt​
ffmpeg -f concat -safe 0 -i files.txt -c copy -y %~n1.mp4​
del files.txt​

Last edited:
What is inside the ts_convert file? Or where can I download it?

Dropping the video file on the ts_convert file on a PC seems the sensible way to use it, but it does depend on what is in the ts_convert file...

Check PM

Hi guys,
98 SE...
I don't know if you've tried this free program before so...
Linky > https://www.any-video-converter.com/video-converter-free/

It may be a tad slow but it does what it says on the tin & more.
Lotsa included features as well.

Thanks for the link

I tried one file and it seems to work fine (more stable than handbrake)

DId take a while though (about 15 minutes for a 5 minute file)

ffmpeg works fine, and quickly.

To work as the OP was trying to use it, the simplest contents for the ts_convert file are:

ffmpeg -i %1 -c copy -y %~n1.mp4​
or if you want to drop multiple .ts files on it to convert them all:
for %%n in ( %* ) do ffmpeg -i %%n -c copy -y %%~nn.mp4​
or if you want to drop multiple .ts files on it, and have them all go into a single mp4 file for ease of handling, still with original quality:
for %%n in ( %* ) do echo file '%%n' >> files.txt​
ffmpeg -f concat -safe 0 -i files.txt -c copy -y %~n1.mp4​
del files.txt​

Sorry, I don't speak code

<======puter idjit

OK, with Nigel's help, we were able to get FFmpeg to work :cool:

Converting the TS file to MP4 was quick and easy, however, I still have an issue.

I'm able to play the file as an MP4 using my player (WMP Classic), but when I add it to my editor's timeline (Vegas Video), the audio sounds all jumbled up

timeline.png

Here's what a short clip sounds like

OK, with Nigel's help, we were able to get FFmpeg to work :cool:

Converting the TS file to MP4 was quick and easy
For anyone not using the Vegas editor!

If you would like an ffmpeg that will convert several ts or any other video files dropped on it and put them all in a single mp4 file without loss of quality and at high speed (Windows Only):

OK, Nigel hooked me up with an updated version of ffmpeg and it now works great :)

Makes it MUCH MUCH easier to edit the TS files, so I'm hoing to have more B4K content

Thing is, not much has happened while out on the roads lately (weird)

I did catch one of our customer's with my Train Horns though

Camera used:

BlueSkySea B4K

OK, Nigel hooked me up with an updated version of ffmpeg and it now works great :)
I think the main issue was that the Vegas video editor couldn't cope with the mono audio, so the updated ffmpeg batch file now re-encodes the audio into stereo while just copying the video not re-encoded. So there may be some small loss of audio quality while the video is original quality, at least until Vegas starts working on it. The ffmpeg batch file also joins together all the file segments you give it so that you only need to load a single mp4 video file into the editor, and it still works pretty fast.

Anyway, that plate in the above video is very readable, and the train horn sounds in good voice too!
Nice quality from the camera, conversion and edit :)

I get periods too whee the idiots on the road seem to hide from me, or maybe it is just my build in sensitivity are lower and so i dont press the event button much to save things.

officer lied his ass off and hit me with multiple moving violations to add up to reckless, which at the time a new law
In Virginia they don't need to lie/catch you with multiple moving violations. All they have to do is catch you going 20 MPH over the speed limit or over 80 MPH. If you're on the highway in a 75 MPH zone doing 81 MPH, then you could get a reckless driving charge for doing 6 MPH over the speed limit.

Back