Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Too many
Pardon the bad language:

What a f***ing t**t !!!

Last edited:
That made for unpleasant viewing :(

Now, I might get flamed for this (and I'm not excusing the driver for blowing the crossing at school time and with people/young children waiting to cross), but that child is clearly not road "wise" just yet - why oh why was the adult not hanging on to him for dear life? And he didn't even run after him, just stretched out his arm a bit :eek:. They started crossing knowing very well the car hadn't stopped, and in this case the ignorant driver didn't.

Awful all round, drivers and pedestrians :(.

Should have pulled in front of the SUV as he started passing the crosswalk, made him stop, got out and yelled at him for not yielding!

Now, I might get flamed for this (and I'm not excusing the driver for blowing the crossing at school time and with people/young children waiting to cross), but that child is clearly not road "wise" just yet - why oh why was the adult not hanging on to him for dear life? And he didn't even run after him, just stretched out his arm a bit :eek:. They started crossing knowing very well the car hadn't stopped, and in this case the ignorant driver didn't.

Awful all round, drivers and pedestrians :(.
Indeed. I hope someone explained to the boy that he nearly got hurt badly so he could learn from it. But I doubt it. He was just laughing so wasn't taking it seriously.

This is a lot like how I got knocked down on a crossing as a kid on a school outing. It was a lollipop crossing but I ran ahead and got hit by a car that was undertaking another car that had stopped so he couldn't see me.*
I was sent flying and landed on the kerb stone. Scared the living daylights out of the teachers and the crossing lady but I was completely unharmed.
I realised right away that I was largely to blame, I never had a problem facing up to that and learning my lesson.

* Thinking about it, maybe this is why I hate people who habitually undertake as if it's no big deal. It is a big deal. You can't see if it's safe.

Problem with out of school time is parents parking over the other side of the road..

I had 3 girls run out in front of me from behind a bus not looking my way and waving at mum --- clipped one with the mirror on my white van..

Sure I got an earful off mum and had to remind her had I not been paying total attention her daughters would be under my van...

parents should be banned from picking up outside schools for the danger they create and expose their kids to.

My alarms allways go off where i see a fjew kids near the road, i assume they are as stupid and ignorant i was at the same age.
Kids near the road should prompt any driver or for that matter cyclist to be extra carefull.

On a positive note, I LOVE the new illuminated poles on zebra crossings.

Good to know that at least some people are coming up with ideas that work.

(But I don't like the belisha beacons with LED halos around them. They are both ugly and distracting.)

Edit> Apparently not new - but new to me!

Last edited:
schools here generally have their own driveways so kids leaving school aren't near the road to get in the parents' cars. sure, traffic may back up onto the road from the driveway, but in general, there won't be any kids there. sure, there are some who walk to/from school, but generally if the parents allow them to do that, they know and follow the rules of the road and only cross at crosswalks and controlled intersections.

My alarms allways go off where i see a fjew kids near the road, i assume they are as stupid and ignorant i was at the same age.
Kids near the road should prompt any driver or for that matter cyclist to be extra carefull.
+1

I've never seen those flashing crossing posts before but that is a very good idea :)

1) The mother who let her youngster out into the roadway, the kiddy wearing the blue coat, needs a strong talking to.
2) The driver of the white Mitsubishi isn't totally to blame. Bad placement of a Zebra crossing, too close to a junction and difficult to spot any pedestrians on that side of the road when turning in from that direction.
3) The odd looking guy waiting outside At John's Church at school time concerned me.

problem here is many kids ride bicycle to school, or walk like i had to do whan i was a kid.
In school you have to take a bicycling test in 3 grade and again in 9 grade, there you will learn the basic simple rules for operating a bicycle in traffic.

In general there is a lower speed limit near schools, for the most 30 or 40 km/h, and the zeebra crossings will allso have crossing guards to stop traffic and guide kids over in a safe way.
gab616_skolemaelk-002626.jpg

Some ppl say Danish kids her age is better bicyclists than adult americans ( heard a american say that )
And this little girl is even better than many Danish cyclists, cuz as you can see she have gotten of her bike to walk across a zebra crossing, fully knowing it is illigal to ride your bicycle there.

5970135-nye-veje-i-skole---1.jpg

Needless to say the cops "often" have controls near schools, need to have that as Danish Drivers really arnt any better than drivers in most other countries.

Again we are so different, here a mother can take a walk with her child in a parm, then park the kid outside a shop and leavet it there while she do her thing. Americans would not be able to do that as they would fear kidnapping - pedofiles and all mannor of evil and bad things going down.
But here thats pretty normal, and nothing happen.

Last edited:
Strange how he slowed down after going over the crossing. There weren't any cars in front of him.
He probably did it out of guilt after realising his mistake, but slowing just made things worse (the kid nearly walked into him.)

1) The mother who let her youngster out into the roadway, the kiddy wearing the blue coat, needs a strong talking to.
Especially as she parked illegally and dangerously when there were legal, safer spots available!

2) The driver of the white Mitsubishi isn't totally to blame. Bad placement of a Zebra crossing, too close to a junction and difficult to spot any pedestrians on that side of the road when turning in from that direction.
3) The odd looking guy waiting outside At John's Church at school time concerned me.

2) The fact that the Rev was at a standstill at a zebra crossing should have been enough to alert the driver of potential crossers. Sure, the A pillar would have obscured the view to some degree but there's no way the pedestrians weren't visible to the driver as he turned the corner and approached the crossing.

3) Now, now. Never judge a pedo by the dirty Mac they're wearing....

Last edited:
In Belgium it is law that you HAVE to STOP when a pedestrian is showing intent to cross a zebra-crossing, except when pedestrian traffic lights are in place.
(The zebra-crossings also always need to stay clear (when queueing for example), so that people can cross at any time.)
So whenever you see a zebra-crossing, you need to pay extra attention.
If pedestrians try to cross anywhere else, it's them that have to give way to the traffic on the road.

If the situation in this clip had happened in Belgium, the white car would be making a serious error.

In the UK however I understand this is different? You don't necessarily have to, by law, stop for people crossing on zebra crossings?

In the UK vehicles have to stop for pedestrians who are already on the zebra crossing.
Pedestrians do not have the right to step out.
Same is true at junctions that you are turning into.

But too many people interpret the rules as they'd like them to be, rather than as they are written.

I think it's generally written in all laws everywhere that pedestrians have the right of way in crossings unless controlled by a signal device.

I think it's generally written in all laws everywhere that pedestrians have the right of way in crossings unless controlled by a signal device.
Very first rule in the UK's Highway Code:
"If you have to step into the road, look both ways first. Always show due care and consideration for others."

"Rule 18 At all crossings. When using any type of crossing you should always check that the traffic has stopped before you start to cross or push a pram onto a crossing"

"Rule 8 At a junction. When crossing the road, look out for traffic turning into the road, especially from behind you."

But do they do this?

Last edited:
Back