a setup with several cameras and can bus

BheBonden

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
hi, I'm looking for a camara you can buy in Denmark/Europe that can follow

transfer recordings to the Internet automatically, there must be a delay on it
Hardly able to get Canbus data into the camara

I would be cool with 3 camara front, back, inside mosque 2 camara front one with telephoto lens

today I have garmin trandem, I have had it for about 2 months and have some challenges with it, e.g. the app on mobile has trouble downloading wide clips when I need to use them quickly, today I needed some clips that I need to return until I got home and turned on the PC to get the video out and even though I was close I can't read the plate number

so for that I am considering 2 front camara, a wide ankle and a tele

and now that I'm about to change, can bus would be great, for example
flashing lights, engine load, spider pedal, brake pedal, engine revolutions, speed, etc

it would be great if it was all saved somewhere and the option to download it without having to bring a camera or map with you

some who have an idea of where to start as money is not enough for it all now

First of all, if you want to save all the data / video you generate while driving, then you need a few things to make that happen.

1: A flat rate data subscription SIM card for your modem / camera, these are not cheap in Denmark i think compared to my 1 gbit cable connection with unlimited data.
2: You need to be within good reach of what ever 4 - 5 G masts you are on, even a 1080p camera still generate at least 100 - 200 MB of data every minute ( 1 camera )
Where i live ( Randers ) when i go to visit my mother 2 times a week, on the 34 or so KM drive to Ans at Tange lake i am some times dropped to 3G or at least very slow 4G connection.
3: You need a cloud host for all that data, that i assume will also not be cheap.

Some have tried to incorporate OBD2 information into dashcams, but never really been successful with this, as cars dont speak the same language on that bus, i have argued that you could "train " your camera to understand the signals on the bus, but i have not seen anyone ever do that.
BUT ! it would be cool to have indicator use - steering wheel angle - brake use and so on embedded in the footage too.

I think the ones that got furthest with it was Lukas dashcams, but on pretty much any other parameter not a brand i can recommend.

I am in with a kickstarter dashcam, that will have a SIM card in it, and as it have a MCU too you should be able to contact it when ever and DL from it too, provided it have power of course.
The system also have radar for parking guard, but unlike others you should be able to contact it when parked, something you can not do with others as parked they sleep so deep the SIM card are also off to save power.

Of course having a dashcam always on / or more or less on, i assume it will require some power, i do test systems and use parking guard on my primary camera but only for 3 hours after i am parked, the reason being a drive a little Suzuki car, and i dont drive it much, my average for a week are probably 15 minutes of driving daily, so not enough to keep a battery recharged.

Also. that kickstarter camera ( dride 4K ) are about a year late now, so not really something i can recommend throwing your money at,,,,, but maybe it will start selling at some time and be a viable solution,,,,, it do however not support OBD / bus information.

My dream camera are still one with on a wire remote cameras and a large main unit with a M2 harddrive in it for storage, and some form of smart routine to backup data from it either via WIFI / sim card or by inserting a USB thumb drive onto a socket

hi, I'm looking for a camara you can buy in Denmark/Europe that can follow

transfer recordings to the Internet automatically, there must be a delay on it
Hardly able to get Canbus data into the camara

I would be cool with 3 camara front, back, inside mosque 2 camara front one with telephoto lens

today I have garmin trandem, I have had it for about 2 months and have some challenges with it, e.g. the app on mobile has trouble downloading wide clips when I need to use them quickly, today I needed some clips that I need to return until I got home and turned on the PC to get the video out and even though I was close I can't read the plate number

so for that I am considering 2 front camara, a wide ankle and a tele

and now that I'm about to change, can bus would be great, for example
flashing lights, engine load, spider pedal, brake pedal, engine revolutions, speed, etc

it would be great if it was all saved somewhere and the option to download it without having to bring a camera or map with you

some who have an idea of where to start as money is not enough for it all now
The closest off the shelf solutions to what you are looking for (that I am aware of) are Thinkware u1000, q800 pro as well as some Blackvue models. They do offer a cloud connection and allow you to view the camera stream remotely as well as upload your footage directly in the cloud. Of course, you need to have a hotspot in the car with internet access for them to work. In the US you don't always have internet connection on the road regardless of what phone plan you use (especially if you go on the wild side). I suppose Europe has some blind spots too in cell reception. To get around that and still backup my video data without removing the SD card I am using a Viofo A129 camera that streams its video via WIFI to my phone. On my phone I have an app called Birds ai view that records the stream, detects people in it and notifies me if someone gets too close to the car. I got it on google app store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.unicordia.dc_free. If you use a Viofo a139 camera it will be able to connect to your home wifi, extend its wifi range and stream your data to your home devices. Regarding recording the car params I am not aware of such a camera. You see, some car models specifically prevent third party ODB devices form accessing their parameters. I had a similar issue with a mercedes model. But it would be verry cool if someone would make a camera that would work with the engine params of at least few car brands.

Back