Thinkware u1000 with radar

Scotty229

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a thinkware u1000 with rear camera and i volt mini .I was wondering in parking mode would the rear camera still record if a car reversed into it if I had radar, asking because radar only faces front of car .
thanks Dave

Since the radar module won't pick up a car behind you, I believe the U1000 will revert back to your normal non-buffered impact detection so it will record the car behind you, but only after the impact triggers the dashcam and wakes it up.

I agree with VR statement ( never owned a TW system )
This is somewhat a downside of the system, that if the "kickoff" come from behind you do loose the actual impact and a few seconds after that as the system first have to boot before it can record.

The kickstarter system i am on board with, and might get ( it is over a year late now )
It have been upgraded to also have radar in the rear camera + it have a additional chip in it, so you can access it remote even if it is in deep sleep, something the TW and BV cameras with radar do not allow as far as i understand.
Though it is also no big deal CUZ who would log into the camera when there have been no notification, so really once the "new toy" period have set in i doubt many would actually use that feature in that system.

Also i am unsure if this 2 radar go for the actual production cameras or it is something they have thrown on top for us supporters that have had to endure extraordinary long even for a crowd funding thing.

Since the radar module won't pick up a car behind you, I believe the U1000 will revert back to your normal non-buffered impact detection so it will record the car behind you, but only after the impact triggers the dashcam and wakes it up.
This is spot on! With the Radar you ideally need to park the rear of the vehicle against a wall or 'something' to protect it.

Back