A118 firmware

David106

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius C2, JooVuu X
Just received my A118 bought from a reseller on Amazon, the camera has firmware dated 20140714 is this the latest version available?

Thanks

20140717 is newest but 20140714 is currently the only newest I've seen hosted on the forums. My camera also came with 20140714 when I got it from SpyTec though Amazon.

Last edited:
Is there a change log for this firmware? I dont want to "upgrade" only to find nothing has changed. For all we know Foxoffers firmware may only be to remove their logo.

Is there a change log for this firmware? I dont want to "upgrade" only to find nothing has changed. For all we know Foxoffers firmware may only be to remove their logo.
The only notable change, that I can see, between version 20140714 and 20140814 is the "TimeZone Setting" which is provided in +/- hrs from GMT with example Capital Cities listed to assist, in readiness for the GPS receiver.
Hope this helps with your deliberations...;)

The only notable change, that I can see, between version 20140714 and 20140814 is the "TimeZone Setting" which is provided in +/- hrs from GMT with example Capital Cities listed to assist, in readiness for the GPS receiver.

just so you know without the timezone settings GPS still works, the timezone was something we had done for another purpose, it's related to a future model but we wanted in now so we could do testing etc, GPS will work with either version

Thank you, if thats the only change I will stay on the 0714 firmware. What this camera needs more than anything, IMO, is better night quality.

доброго времени
нужна прошивка B40.20140806.001

Thank you, if thats the only change I will stay on the 0714 firmware. What this camera needs more than anything, IMO, is better night quality.

Agree. Very happy with the camera's form factor and daytime. Night time isn't horrible but leaves much to be desired. Hopefully the manufacturer gets going on some kind of firmware fix for that.

There will be a new firmware to fix this problem soon(loses-its-focus-within-a-few-minutes-of-use).
Once it is available, I will share it.

доброго времени
нужна прошивка B40.20140806.001
нашлась прошивка? ( я тоже такую ищу, была с опцией - рег. номер)

I bought a dual Tiesfong B40 pack in September 2014.

One camera has an issue where it's too blurry. I tested it on the front window and the back window, with most of the dashboard out of view, during rain and sunshine and the issue occurs in each scenario. This camera was fading in and out (dark) when it switched on during an overcast morning (rain).

The second camera seems to have a more noticeable "fish-eye" effect but it's not blurry. The brightness/colour are fine.

I hope a firmware update can fix the focus issue...

It will be available soon
thanks, will wait

P.S. Looking for B40.20140806.001 (reg come, with this version, with the logo on start "Blueskysea" and stamped numbers) was spotted an error with the need to press twice REC, to stop recording and reset the date and time (think of option is off - Auto Off)) actually reflash, departed logo (of course), and there is no stamp. please, who has "branded" firmware with a stamp, drain as much as possible, even if the dump.

Last edited:
Back