A118 GPS speed not reactive

GPS sensitivity seems to be bad, and it is probably the issue I have with GPS speed, I lost the position and the GPS speed sometimes :

Is there a debug menu where we can see the number of satellites fixed and signal level ?

(look at map & speed graph)

I've just checked the footage and tracking from our A118 & new GPS module. It works well and quickly, very similar to your Mini 0803 response time or even quicker I suspect.

Have you tried turning your GPS module over to the opposite way to how it ought to be or not?

Perhaps you have something causing inference with the GPS signal.:confused:

Last edited:
Have you tried turning your GPS module over to the opposite way to how it ought to be or not?
I'm sure the GPS is on the right side. I'll open it to confirm.

Perhaps you have something causing inference with the GPS signal.:confused:
A french guy in the french forum said like you. But what could interfere with a GPS module ? I have 3 others dashcams. Could it be one of them ?

As long as you keep the GPS away from the other cameras is no problem, where did you mount it?
At the end of the video you will see the location of the GPS module

Not where I would put it personally

Try moving it to the top of the dash as a test and see if it improves

Top of the dash is bottom of the windscreen?
I've already tested this location with my second GPS module.

At the end of the video you will see the location of the GPS module
That is probably too close to your A118 unit.

The lead of the GPS module isn't long enough, in our car, to reach the dashboard if you are trying to keep the wiring tidy behind the A-pillar. We mounted the GPS module in the top corner of the windscreen, but if you do that it'll be next one of your two other dash cams.

Have you tried locating the GPS module halfway between dash cams at the top of the screen?

Yes I can try to disconnect other cameras, but I have also many other equipements.
Is there a hidden menu to see GPS level or satellite level, in order to determine wich element interfere ?

Hmm.... any other way to see GPS level ?
Using some software or so ?
Or any way to have a log with these informations ?

Here we go mate, mine isn't that bad at all although why is it as soon as I try the GPS I get people pulling out on me like you had yesterday - there are a few clips in there but I put the A118 with the subs at the start :)

RegistratorViewer is within a second or so of the real speed.

RegistratorViewer is within a second or so of the real speed.
This is not related to RV, but to the dashcam itself, like the latency we have on a Sat Nav like TomTom or Garmin. This is normal. :)
Sometimes mine acts like yours, but sometimes not...

I will try this week-end into my second car (Citroen Berlingo) which has a GPS Repeater/Amplifier installed inside.
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/GPS-Signal-A...ther_Computing_Networking&hash=item3a953c72c6
Was previously installed because my TomTom was unable to get a fix while driving because of the athermical windscreen. ;)

Last edited:
I've checked my footage and mine is recording pretty accurately, with little or no delay. I've got mine location on the dashboard on the far right corner of the screen. Also had plenty of lead to get to the lighter socket.

Back