A118 Novatek 96650 Full HD 1080P Car Camera DVR

Strange.
Your A118 comes from Foxoffer too ?

When I click the center button to lock a file, I have a red "EMG" icon, not a triangle.

Is your version the same as mine ?

b40-fw-jpg.5411

20140611_164045_resized.jpg

When I press record and hit the triangle button next to the menu button it pops up. I believe this automatically sends the video clip to a protected file on the SD card?

Its Emergency button, - locks file so it will not be overwritten.

B40.20140523.001 You have what looks like FW Feb 26 I am just guessing.

Thanks Niko. Wonder if there are downloadable firmwares?

I'll ask Foxoffer for the last firmware, thanks.

question is what are the firmware versions consist of. Meaning notes to what was added, corrected, deleted?

B40.20140523.001 You have what looks like FW Feb 26 I am just guessing.

Thanks Niko. Wonder if there are downloadable firmwares?

You guessing right: 20140523 = 23 Mai 2014, 20140226 = 26 Feb 2014.

What do you mean by "not designed" ?
Is a special charging circuit necessary to work with capacitors ?

it's very different, also would need firmware to suit

What will happen if I replace the battery by a capacitor ?
Will it damage something or just not keep not enough charge to save files properly after cutting power source ?

hard to say

Ok I have the darn thing to loop at 5min. it recorded 5 minutes and did not loop!

I prob hit the button lol. I just tried it on battery and it looped 2040 2045 2050

Stop playing with buttons, and let it work alone ;)
It is designed for this :D

Tested 64GB SanDisk Ultra Class 10 UHS-I SDSDQUA-064G-U46.

Loop is OK.
No gap between files (1s-2s overlap)

Yesterday, after waiting two days for a reply to a couple of questions I asked on joovuu.com about the 0803 and not getting a reply (and still none), I decided to order the A118 from FoxOffer. I got an email from them today to say it's shipped.

I said in an earlier post that I wanted GPS, and I do. But I like the look and sample vids of the A118 and the price (£48.02). I wait to see what Customs etc. may add on.

Re GPS, since my previous post I discovered that Google Earth displays not only the track from a gpx file but also speed and altitude. I know it's not the same as having a GPS dashcam and I've got to remember to start and stop my tracker app (or enable it to be always on) when I take a trip but I can work with that.

Also bought a 5 way (3 + 2USB) car socket adapter (3.99) from Aldi this morning.

Now just need to get a Class 10 card from Amazon. Thought I'd get either a SanDisk SDSDU-064G-FFP Ultra 64 GB SDXC UHS-I (£26.04) or 2 x SanDisk (SDSDU-032G-FFP) 32 GB SDHC UHS-I (£14.52 ea). I run my Mobius at 1280 x 720 30fps and get about 10 hrs on a 32 GB card. I'm not sure if this setting is available on the A118 and if it is how the vid compares to higher res. On a trip I need to be able to record about 8 - 10 hrs per day without looping - so might need a 64. I copy the card contents to a HDD at end of each day and wipe the card ready for next day. For normal use I just set it to loop and let it do its thing - so a 16 or 32 is sufficient.

Received last firmware from Foxoffer (joined to this post)
Version : B40.20140523.001

It has GPS logger but I don't know what it means.
Asked by email to Foxoffer, waiting for reply.

Would be great if we could plug a GPS antenna into the A118 !!

img_2012.jpg
img_2013.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Back