A118 Novatek 96650 Full HD 1080P Car Camera DVR

The new FW can support external GPS antenna, we don't have GPS module in stock.

Thanks for the update. Will you have an A118 model with GPS built-in and if so do you have any time frame in mind?

Thanks for the update. Will you have an A118 model with GPS built-in and if so do you have any time frame in mind?

It is only with external gps.

Okay! Thanks jokiin and niko - guess I have some decisions to make now!o_O

jokiin - so before when you said that we would see a GPS version soon you were referring to an external GPS version.

Last edited:
billknow, I'm also interested for 1pcs GPS antenna if you can track down a suitable one. Very much so and highly delighted and amazed the A118 can suddenly support GPS. The A118 with GPS has to be the best buy dashcam. I suspect this will become a very busy section of dashcamtalk.

FoxOffer have told me my A118 is shipped but my order not found on the tracking site.

FoxOffer have told me my A118 is shipped but my order not found on the tracking site.

it can sometimes take a few days to appear on the tracking sites, this is quite normal so don't be too worried if it takes a bit to show up

Internal GPS is more convenient, external work better, advantages and disadvantages to either style

Is there any external GPS that you would recommend, as all my previous dashcams have had built-in GPS.

Is there any likelihood of there being a dashcam with a similar footprint to the A118 with a built-in GPS on the horizon?

Is there any external GPS that you would recommend, as all my previous dashcams have had built-in GPS.

yeah I recommend whichever one @billknow sources for you, the firmware will suit that model but perhaps not others even if they look the same, it does perform quite well though

Yesterday, after waiting two days for a reply to a couple of questions I asked on joovuu.com about the 0803 and not getting a reply (and still none), I decided to order the A118 from FoxOffer. I got an email from them today to say it's shipped.

I said in an earlier post that I wanted GPS, and I do. But I like the look and sample vids of the A118 and the price (£48.02). I wait to see what Customs etc. may add on.

Re GPS, since my previous post I discovered that Google Earth displays not only the track from a gpx file but also speed and altitude. I know it's not the same as having a GPS dashcam and I've got to remember to start and stop my tracker app (or enable it to be always on) when I take a trip but I can work with that.

Also bought a 5 way (3 + 2USB) car socket adapter (3.99) from Aldi this morning.

Now just need to get a Class 10 card from Amazon. Thought I'd get either a SanDisk SDSDU-064G-FFP Ultra 64 GB SDXC UHS-I (£26.04) or 2 x SanDisk (SDSDU-032G-FFP) 32 GB SDHC UHS-I (£14.52 ea). I run my Mobius at 1280 x 720 30fps and get about 10 hrs on a 32 GB card. I'm not sure if this setting is available on the A118 and if it is how the vid compares to higher res. On a trip I need to be able to record about 8 - 10 hrs per day without looping - so might need a 64. I copy the card contents to a HDD at end of each day and wipe the card ready for next day. For normal use I just set it to loop and let it do its thing - so a 16 or 32 is sufficient.
Hi tony
Do you have a ticket number so we can get this chased up as we reply to most tickets within a few hours and no more than 12 so this is a failing we need to get sorted.

Kind regards

JooVuu

JooVuu, I didn't get a ticket number. I used the 'Ask a question' form on the 0803 page and submitted it. Thought I would get a answer within 24 hrs but still no response. So I thought if that's how they respond to an enquiry from a potential customer what's their customer service going to be like. Go elsewehere.

Hi All, OK, I'm really thinking of ordering the A118 - I dont necessarily need GPS (do I o_O). Ive never used @FoxOffer before - how long doesn it take for a UK delivery? Where are they based? (I have a friend in HK) Only I didnt read good reviews on Facebook. Thanks All :)

JooVuu, I didn't get a ticket number. I used the 'Ask a question' form on the 0803 page and submitted it. Thought I would get a answer within 24 hrs but still no response. So I thought if that's how they respond to an enquiry from a potential customer what's their customer service going to be like. Go elsewehere.

I felt the same way with foxoffer. I got different result than other happy customers. PM no return. Contact thru webform, nothing. I forced myself to go with more Mobius.

True Foxoffer did not respond to my PM here (billknows) Nor thru their websit but they do answer very quickly from their email.

support3@foxoffer.com

I can't find where I've read a recent post from someone who was interested with A118 but was wondering about the overheating issue I've had before.

I would say that these days we still have high tempereatures outside, between 30-35°C and my A118 works now perfectly.
Please understand that I have had this problem because the A118 was placed in a confined area of the car, with no air conditioned neither ventilation.

A118 is placed at the rear closed volume of this car :

renaul10.jpg
kangoo10.jpg

Into a "standard" car with ventilation, opened windows, or air conditioned, you will have no overheating issue.

Again, A118 works perfectly, as other dashcams like mini 0803, G1W, G1HW, etc...

So, stop wondering about overheating, it is not an issue !

Hi All, OK, I'm really thinking of ordering the A118 - I dont necessarily need GPS (do I o_O). Ive never used @FoxOffer before - how long doesn it take for a UK delivery? Where are they based? (I have a friend in HK) Only I didnt read good reviews on Facebook. Thanks All :)
@Hilts is leaving in UK and has ordered a 0803 from Foxoffer had has received it relatively quickly.
He had to pay some duty but price was less than ordering in UK.

I've ordered and received 0803 and A118 from Foxoffer with no problem.

Now it is up to you to choose your seller ;)

Last edited:
Chris, do you have night video of a118?
on foxoffer site night video tagged as a188 dvr

It is a typing mistake, A188 does not exist, it is A118.
I've posted a video in a tunnel into my rear A118 review.
Look a previous posts.

Back