A118 won't record

john856

Reaction score
Country
United States
After 3 days of use, I went into the memory card to look at my footage and could only find files from day 1. I've tried recording again but no new files could be found. I've tried the following:

1.) I used a different SD card and it worked fine. I was able to record new footage fine. The original sd card I was using is a brand new Transcend 32gb card, class 10. The old one that works fine is a 16gb sandisk, class 4.

2.) On both memory cards, I am not able to delete any files. Furthermore, I cannot format my 32gb transcend card. I keep getting a notice that it is write protected on my PC. On my Mac, I get a notice that says it cannot be unmounted.

Is this an sd card issue? Did I buy a fake A118? Any advice is appreciated.

EDIT: I've come to the conclusion that I have a factory defect micro SD card. I've tried it on my digital camera and the A118's camera and both give me error messages. It looks like I will have to try to return it for another card.

For anyone interested, this is the card that isn't working for me:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00CES44EO

Last edited:
i use a transcend 32gb class 10 in mine too. no issues.

make sure the LOCK switch on the side of your SD-microsd adapter is not slid down. it should be up, towards the metal contacts. that would prevent you from formatting/deleting in a PC. should have no effect on unmounting though.

you should also be formatting the card in the camera itself, not the PC. while it may work fine in the PC, you get best results in teh camera itself.

i use a transcend 32gb class 10 in mine too. no issues.

make sure the LOCK switch on the side of your SD-microsd adapter is not slid down. it should be up, towards the metal contacts. that would prevent you from formatting/deleting in a PC. should have no effect on unmounting though.

I had the same problem. Turns out the write protect switch on the adapter was so loose, it got pushed back when I inserted it into my laptop's SD card reader. A tiny dab of super glue fixed that. Also, I'm using a Sandisk Ultra 32G class 10 like this in my A118:

41SEYcHUntL._AA160_.jpg

Back