A119/A119s Hatch mount

If you use the plastic mount like normal all you would need is a flat Alligator clip to slip under your roof lining and then stick the dashcam mount to it? Maybe something like a belt clip or like this?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Customed-metal-bookmark-clip-flat-steel_60432221074.html

I can't find anywhere on ebay/aliexpress that sell these type of things, just the curved alligator clips for hair.

Good idea Gretl4, I thought of money clips but the closed end seems too small, however I do have some 1" brass strip, rods to bent it around, a large hammer and a heavy duty vice; so may try a DIY job. I will wait for the 119S to arrive first though, if I can make a rear clip I will order another or a 119.

1. My window is set at a high angle, like 65 degrees.
I'm not sure that would be an issue. There's more than enough adjustment capability with the 'GC' to accommodate that.

2. In the winter the usb cable gets literally stiff as a board and the opening and closing of my hatch may or may not cause damage to the cord / usb port over time.
I had the same concern (live in Michigan - it gets cold) but that's not been an issue at all and I'm in the midst of my third winter with a camera back there. I just made sure when I mounted it that there was enough slack so no sharp bends were introduced. I was really surprised at how little the cable had to flex to allow the hatch to open

2. In the winter the usb cable gets literally stiff as a board and the opening and closing of my hatch may or may not cause damage to the cord / usb port over time.
This is my primary problem also.

Could you mount an A119 or S upside down for use as a rear camera, also the option to rotate the recorded video 180deg? I would guess you would also need to rotate the lens past the horizontal plane if mounted upside down. My rear window is tinted and do not want to stick it to the tint membrane.

Mine's here but the space where the edge of the headliner slips into and rests, is unfortunately shorter by 3-4mm than needed. Forcing it a bit only alters the angle and doesn't give a snug fit.

Mt 002.png

Mine's here but the space where the edge of the headliner slips into and rests, is unfortunately shorter by 3-4mm than needed. Forcing it a bit only alters the angle and doesn't give a snug fit.

View attachment 28670

Sounds like you'll need to customize / edit the file a bit and re-print it

STL editor. Hmm.. will give it a shot and see if I can do this myself. Thanks

Dont think of it as an STL editor. You can import STL's into many cad and 3d programs.

123D Design
TinkerCAD - Web based
Meshmixer
OpenSCAD
Blender
Rhino3D
Fusion 360
Solidworks
Design Spark Mechanical

If you use the plastic mount like normal all you would need is a flat Alligator clip to slip under your roof lining and then stick the dashcam mount to it? Maybe something like a belt clip or like this?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Customed-metal-bookmark-clip-flat-steel_60432221074.html

I can't find anywhere on ebay/aliexpress that sell these type of things, just the curved alligator clips for hair.

One can search for "money clip" and find many on Amazon.com or eBay.com. However, I see the potential problem of the clip sliding around if not clipped down tightly.

I've been trying for quite some time to come up with a clean, removable mount for an A119 as a rear cam for my Mazda Cx5. This is perfect!
I pulled down the STL file and used the 3DHubs.com to have some brackets made. They work great. My only issue was a tonneau cover that is attached to the hatchback. It raises and lowers with the door, and when raised was bumping the lens of the camera. Simple fix...I cut the small mounting tab from the bracket (making it flat/flush) and used 3M tape to attach a standard A119 windshield mount to it.
I was able to position it farther back so that now the tonneau cover no longer bumps it.

Thanks so much for this!

Printed one for my Megane IV and doesn't fit :(
But it was worth trying :D

PS. Works with A118C

Attachments

• 20180517_195809.jpg
    20180517_195809.jpg
    415.9 KB · Views: 48
Updated new Mount! May fit more vehicles! check it out on the first post.

How are you drawing USB power, @blake ? Are you tapping into a fusebox back there?
I am running a line from the fuse box in the front of the car all the way back. Using the bottom foot panels and up the rear pillar panel into the headliner.

Back