a119 and battery drain question

Kingston73

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am looking for an inexpensive-ish dash cam for a teen driver, I'd like it to be as unobtrusive as possible. The biggest concern I have is that her vehicle has a constant-power accessory outlet that I can't/don't know how to change to switched power. I want a dash cam that will automatically power off so the car battery doesn't get drained. Would the a119 be a good fit or is there a better option available? Thank you all

I am looking for an inexpensive-ish dash cam for a teen driver, I'd like it to be as unobtrusive as possible. The biggest concern I have is that her vehicle has a constant-power accessory outlet that I can't/don't know how to change to switched power. I want a dash cam that will automatically power off so the car battery doesn't get drained. Would the a119 be a good fit or is there a better option available? Thank you all
Connect any model from Viofo via HK4 and you will be happy.
I think Mini 2 will be more interesting than V3.

or, do as I've done and use a V3 with a Nextbase 2 wire kit ...... assuming you don't want parking mode.

If you are not wanting parking mode, then the Dongar mirror connectors work wonderfully. The car must have a self-dimming mirror though. Look at the link and find the
one that will fit your daughters car. You simply mount the dashcam high behind the mirror, and connect the camera to the mirror. I have used these and they work wonderfully.

Dongar Connector

Back