A119 config recommendations?

Graeme

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've ordered a Viofo A119 that's intended to be a gift for a elderly friend that lives several hours away. The idea is to set it up with a Transcend Ultimate 32GB card, verify everything works, and then install it in my friend's car when we're visiting at Christmas.

Are there any config changes recommended to help the Viofo A119 take care of itself?

If my friend's in an accident, what's the easiest way for them to show the video of what happened to police at the scene?

do you have and use a dash camera yourself?

Yes, I'm using a Livue LB100 hardwired for a few months now.

someone has to verify every camera start up. you can't leave it unattended and expect to have a video recording.

And need to check the card at least one a month, maybe more if they drive a lot. It could potentially fill up with locked files from the G sensor or them pressing the triangle button. And it's good to make sure recordings are still working right with no corrupt files, especially the last file of each trip, since that's always the most important file in the event of a crash.

Okay. I can check it twice a year when we visit. It shouldn't be hard to show my friend how to verify it started correctly.

Aren't locked files from the G sensor overwritten eventually? Any menu options on the device to do that? It shouldn't be hard to have the device delete G sensor files more than a month old.

Okay. I can check it twice a year when we visit. It shouldn't be hard to show my friend how to verify it started correctly.

Aren't locked files from the G sensor overwritten eventually? Any menu options on the device to do that? It shouldn't be hard to have the device delete G sensor files more than a month old.
Locked files are not overwritten during the loop process. Formatting the card in the camera will delete all file though. This should be done around once a month anyway.

Thank you. In this case, they can format the entire card once a month in the camera. That sounds like it should be okay.

The idea is to set it up with a Transcend Ultimate 32GB card

if possible I suggest to upgrade to a 128 Gb memory card, it will allow 14 hours of recording, 32 Gb will give frustration when using it on a dashcam,

we can find cheap and good quality 128 Gb memory card on amazon

It was successfully configured and installed in my friend's car yesterday. The included cable clips made it easy to route the power cable. The controls were confusing at first, but once I figured out that I had to disable the recording mode to access the menu options it all worked. Some updates to the user manual would be very helpful.

It's really nice that you can format the card and review videos on the device and no external computer is needed.

Back