A119 died after 1 week - 2

AlexChr

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Also, the camera died after 1 week. When I received the camera from the seller, I checked it by connecting it to a computer. It worked without problems, video on a micro SD card was recorded. I tested it for several hours and put it back in the box.

After a week, I again got the camera out of the box and reconnected it to the computer. I did not see the backlighting of the buttons or the display, but instead of the logical drive on the computer, an unknown device NT96660 appeared in the device list. When I press the power button, the NT96660 device disappears in the device list, pressing the button again will reappear. After many times the switch on-off cycles, the camera can normally turn on. After this switch-on, the recorder operates before the power is turned off. But these are normal turn on, if there are no micro SD card in it. With micro SD card not never been able to turn it on.

What I checked

1. different power cables: two native cables, from the CDROM drive

2. power supply: USB 3.0 computer, charging from the ipad.

3. swapping the micro SD card

4. Check the power supply through the connection jack of the GPS. Power 5 and 3.3 volts are available.

What happened?

Also, the camera died after 1 week. When I received the camera from the seller, I checked it by connecting it to a computer. It worked without problems, video on a micro SD card was recorded. I tested it for several hours and put it back in the box.

After a week, I again got the camera out of the box and reconnected it to the computer. I did not see the backlighting of the buttons or the display, but instead of the logical drive on the computer, an unknown device NT96660 appeared in the device list. When I press the power button, the NT96660 device disappears in the device list, pressing the button again will reappear. After many times the switch on-off cycles, the camera can normally turn on. After this switch-on, the recorder operates before the power is turned off. But these are normal turn on, if there are no micro SD card in it. With micro SD card not never been able to turn it on.

What I checked

1. different power cables: two native cables, from the CDROM drive

2. power supply: USB 3.0 computer, charging from the ipad.

3. swapping the micro SD card

4. Check the power supply through the connection jack of the GPS. Power 5 and 3.3 volts are available.

What happened?
Try using a USB charger (phone charger). Plug directly into the camera. Plugging into a computer with the short data cable will activate Mass Storage Mode.

Try using a USB charger (phone charger). Plug directly into the camera. Plugging into a computer with the short data cable will activate Mass Storage Mode.
I tried it, it does not help. As I already wrote, I changed both the power cables and the power supply. I do not use the gps module, only camera.

I tried it, it does not help. As I already wrote, I changed both the power cables and the power supply. I do not use the gps module, only camera.
You said you tried your computer USB, which is not a good choice for powering the camera. You also said "two native cables, from the CDROM drive". What does this mean? Are you using the cables that came with the camera? Have you tried using the car charger and long USB cable that came with the A119?

You said you tried your computer USB, which is not a good choice for powering the camera. You also said "two native cables, from the CDROM drive". What does this mean? Are you using the cables that came with the camera?
Yes, I used a long cable, a short cable and a short cable with two USB slots from the USB CDROM. As a power source, I used USB 3.0 computer and iPad charger.
Have you tried using the car charger and long USB cable that came with the A119?
I used a car charger and a long cable once to check in the car. It also did not help.

Back