A119 Firmware

New version: V3.3
1. New: Added Parking Mode (at user request)
2. New: protection against erasure and previous video if you press the Emergency button in the first 15 seconds of the current video
3. Enhanced: another sound when pressing the snapshot button (snapshot)
4. Enhanced: when the screen is off the REC and Audio buttons act directly, it does not take two button presses
5. Enhanced: Complete removal of GPS data from the video connector when the GPS function is deactivated
6. Remove: unwanted screen ignition in Motion Detection mode
7. Remove: Appearance XXXX at the bottom of the screen in very rare cases
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5w3cg7r2yeeSTYxY2JWcE1wOGc/view

@viofo - I don't like #4 above. it's too easy to accidentally press the REC button while trying to press /!\ button, and then stop recording. I think it's good that it takes two presses to avoid accidentally stopping recording. yes, it will start beeping to let you know it's not recording, but i don't want to have to mess with buttons while driving.

That's one of my favorite features of my wife's Blacksys CF-100 - you can't ever stop recording by pressing a button. the only way to stop recording on that camera is to unplug the power cord. And honestly, a dashcam SHOULD always be recording - that's the whole point. in cases where entering a military base or other place where recording is strictly prohibited, they probably wouldn't be happy with just pressing a button anyway - they'd want you to completely take down the camera, so again, there's no need for a button to stop recording.

I have WDR, lane departure, and forward collision turned off. Are those the recommended settings?

Is turning WDR off really recommended? What's the use of having WDR if you cannot use it? I have WDR on always and I honestly have no idea what is best. Off or on? Suggestions?

my 5c: I noticed it's not always switch to Normal mode from 10 hours of parking mode, just keeps recording 5fps. Then I switch it to a normal mode manually and leave for a day - keeps recording in Normal mode (8 hours of QHD video = 64 Gb card is full). Anyone experienced this or just me? I reset dashcam settings to factory and reinstalled 3.1, will see.
P.S. it's about A119 v2, firmware 3.1

Last edited:
That's one of my favorite features of my wife's Blacksys CF-100 - you can't ever stop recording by pressing a button. the only way to stop recording on that camera is to unplug the power cord.
how do you get to the menu on that dashcam?
on my A119 I need to press Rec to stop recording first and then it allows me to open the menu (in 3 sec of beeping) Do I do it wrong?

my 5c: I noticed it's not always switch to Normal mode from 10 hours of parking mode, just keeps recording 5fps.
In Parking Mode, you need a slight camera movement, such as happens when a person gets into the car, to trigger the G-sensor to switch from Time-lapse recording back to Normal recording.

In Parking Mode, you need a slight camera movement, such as happens when a person gets into the car, to trigger the G-sensor to switch from Time-lapse recording back to Normal recording.
Thats what happened - I got into a car in the morning - still 5fps, got to work (about 15km drive ) - still 5fps

Confirm you have the following menu items set as follows:
  • Parking Mode: Set to 5fps (or whatever you want)
  • Time-Lapse Recording: OFF
  • Motion Detection: OFF
{Edit: Also make sure your G-sensor is working: With G-sensor menu setting temporarily set to "High Sensitivity", dismount the camera and shake it or tap against your fingers and look for the big yellow triangle ("!" Event or Emergency recording icon) on the LCD screen for 5 seconds.}

Last edited:
anyone know what 3.1 and 3.3 differents is?

Thats what happened - I got into a car in the morning - still 5fps, got to work (about 15km drive ) - still 5fps
The only reasons I could think of for @admin1 's A119 behavior in Parking Mode was that either the menu settings were incorrect or the G-sensor was not working properly to switch the A119 back out of Time-lapse recording.

Checking further, it turns out that the A119 firmware V3.1 won't let you turn on Time-Lapse Recording or Motion Detection menu settings if Parking Mode is enabled. In addition, with Parking Mode initially set to OFF and either or both Time-Lapse Recording and Motion Detection menu settings turned on, you can enable Parking Mode but that action automatically switches the other two menu settings to OFF.

Interestingly though, with Parking Mode OFF, you can operate with both the Time-Lapse Recording and Motion Detection menu settings turned on simultaneously. In this case, the A119 records Time-lapse until no motion is sensed for one minute, then stops recording. When motion is again sensed, the A119 resumes Time-lapse recording.

As I said,if the Parking Mode does not have the possibility to record continuously at X fps until triggered by G sensor or movement detection,the new 3.3 has no improvement...

I figured is was a bug release but I missed what was fixed. I will stay with 3.1 as I don't use parking mode and does not effect me.

Thanks guys!

As I said,if the Parking Mode does not have the possibility to record continuously at X fps until triggered by G sensor or movement detection,the new 3.3 has no improvement...
Don't know about firmware V3.3, but in firmware V3.1 Parking Mode, my experience is that G-sensor (slight car/camera movement) triggers do cause the A119 to resume Normal recording, i.e., recording at that resolution and fps set in the Resolution menu setting. If your concern is that the A119 will stop recording when no G-sensor or Motion Detection triggers are sensed for 1.5 minutes instead of continuously recording in Time-lapse until the next G-sensor trigger, then your concern is valid. However, if one is concerned about power consumption, continuous Time-lapse recording with no G-sensor or Motion Detection activity is not the better option.

anyone know what 3.1 and 3.3 differents is?
By the look of the change log, it looks like V3.1 all over again except for #7 about the XXXX box issue. Maybe V3.1 with a few changes, no?

Back