A119 Mini 2 Bitrates and SD card size and transferring to storage

Bought a chromebook
If you keep posting test footage, I’m going to keep giving you tips to improve image quality. Lol
I can’t help but notice your windshield may be in need of another hydrophobic coating like Rain-X.
I haven’t been able to live without treated widows all round with the stuff since 1992, (windshield, rear window, all side windows).
Here’s a clip with my trusty 4-channel system made up of two (2) A129 Plus Duo’s.
Main cameras front & rear filming 2K60fps.
“Rear” remote cameras filming 1080p mounted on fixed side windows on the rear doors.
This is a perfect example of when I used the iMovie APP on my iPhone SE 2020 to combine the clips from all 4 cameras.
The 2K60fps resolution, and frame rate of the main cameras was “mashed down” to 1080p because I included footage from the 1080p “rear” cameras.
It kind of looks passable until you see a separate original raw clip of the rear window camera at 2K60fps.
I’ll stack a comparison for side by side viewing.
The whole reason I made this video was just by coincidence I was surfing my radio APPs iHeart Radio, Classic Live105, and other 80’s stations and “November Rain” started playing. Lol

That looks like an excellent deal on a Chromebook that meets all my minimum specification requirements.
It looks like they sell an open box version for only $106.
I considered buying one for backup, but I just checked the return policy again, and it’s ambiguous wether it’s 14-day with 15% restocking fee, or all sales final.
I just tried to phone my local best buy 5 different times, and I get transferred to either customer service, or the computer dept they hang up on me. Lol
That’s another reason I keep buying Chromebooks from Costco.
They always answer the phone with a live human person, (not an AI bot).

Thank you for complying with the board’s 50/50 road/sky recommendation.
That will make it easier to analyze future test footage.
-Chuck

If you keep posting test footage, I’m going to keep giving you tips to improve image quality. Lol
I can’t help but notice your windshield may be in need of another hydrophobic coating like Rain-X.
I haven’t been able to live without treated widows all round with the stuff since 1992, (windshield, rear window, all side windows).
Good thing I just gave my interior a good detailing lol
I considered buying one for backup, but I just checked the return policy again, and it’s ambiguous wether it’s 14-day with 15% restocking fee, or all sales final.
I just tried to phone my local best buy 5 different times, and I get transferred to either customer service, or the computer dept they hang up on me. Lol

From what I see on their website, yes, it is only 15-day return policy (but they are local to me, and I should know in less than 15 days if this is going to work for my needs or not), and laptops are not mentioned in the restocking fees. Plus, I'm in OH, which is, for whatever reason, exempt from the restocking fee. Unless they make the argument that a chromebook is a activatable device. Funny enough, I had a Best Buy Total member for a long story reason, which ends in a just a few days' time though and is not worth the asking price, for me anyways.

new, clearance, open-box, refurbished and pre-owned products. This policy applies to purchases from Best Buy, Best Buy Outlet, Pacific Sales, Pacific Sales® Outlet, Magnolia® Design Center, Best Buy Education and Best Buy Business.
Member StatusStandardMy Best Buy Plus™ and My Best Buy Total™ members
Most products15 days60 days
Activatable devices*14 days14 days
*Activatable devices are devices capable of being activated and include cell phones, cellular tablets, mobile hotspots, and cellular wearables. Verizon devices capable of being activated have a 30-day return period for all customers.

Restocking fees

Some items we sell (see below for the detailed list) have a restocking fee if returned by a customer.
ProductReturns fee
Activatable devices (excluding prepaid phones)$45
Drones, digital cameras, camera lenses, camcorders (including action cameras), electric bikes, electric mopeds, premium scooters, super scooters, mobility scooters, electric wheelchairs, leg and body recovery systems, projectors, projector screens, and special-order products15% of item purchase price
There is no restocking fee if the product is unopened, or if the purchase and the return both occur within: AL, CO, HI, IA, MS, OH, OK, SC and where prohibited by law. The restocking fee will be taxed in select states.

Good thing I just gave my interior a good detailing lol

From what I see on their website, yes, it is only 15-day return policy (but they are local to me, and I should know in less than 15 days if this is going to work for my needs or not), and laptops are not mentioned in the restocking fees. Plus, I'm in OH, which is, for whatever reason, exempt from the restocking fee. Unless they make the argument that a chromebook is a activatable device. Funny enough, I had a Best Buy Total member for a long story reason, which ends in a just a few days' time though and is not worth the asking price, for me anyways.

new, clearance, open-box, refurbished and pre-owned products. This policy applies to purchases from Best Buy, Best Buy Outlet, Pacific Sales, Pacific Sales® Outlet, Magnolia® Design Center, Best Buy Education and Best Buy Business.
Member StatusStandardMy Best Buy Plus™ and My Best Buy Total™ members
Most products15 days60 days
Activatable devices*14 days14 days
*Activatable devices are devices capable of being activated and include cell phones, cellular tablets, mobile hotspots, and cellular wearables. Verizon devices capable of being activated have a 30-day return period for all customers.

Restocking fees

Some items we sell (see below for the detailed list) have a restocking fee if returned by a customer.
ProductReturns fee
Activatable devices (excluding prepaid phones)$45
Drones, digital cameras, camera lenses, camcorders (including action cameras), electric bikes, electric mopeds, premium scooters, super scooters, mobility scooters, electric wheelchairs, leg and body recovery systems, projectors, projector screens, and special-order products15% of item purchase price
There is no restocking fee if the product is unopened, or if the purchase and the return both occur within: AL, CO, HI, IA, MS, OH, OK, SC and where prohibited by law. The restocking fee will be taxed in select states.
I knew they always had a short return window but now restocking fees.

Just a quick update. The Chromebook works great, have given up on the idea of using my phone to transfer files.
Thanks for the help, ideas, etc.

Tunnel of Trees - Michigan

Hello, reporting back after a mini-road trip with the MINI 2. I've posted a series of 5 videos of a portion of our drive. Just put here to show results from a casual user. Yes, I know there's too much dash, or not enough dash, or too much sky, or not enough sky, or too many reflections. Videos haven't been edited in any way, these are straight out of the camera, so you get to hear the driver and passenger conversing, which might give those who are wondering an example of the audio capture.
I recorded 3 days' worth of driving in NE Ohio and Northern Michigan without any problems. The weather was on the cooler side - mid 60s -. Polarizer was always on.
I don't like the mounting system for the camera. I wish it was on suction cup mount similar to what Rove cameras use, with the ability to swivel the camera to the side, because the scenic stuff isn't always straight ahead. I will say though, that the mount used with the Mini is much smaller than a suction cup, so it does hide on the windshield much better. As I mentioned previously, I didn't purchase this camera to use primarily as a dashcam.+
Recorded in 10 minute loops, file sizes 1.97 GB
Hope this is helpful to someone.

Hello, reporting back after a mini-road trip
Very nice.
I liked the audio commentary.
If you are making these road trip videos to share with friends & family you may want to consider adding a passenger compartment POV camera.
It will be a more immersive viewing experience, and give the impression they are sitting in the back seat like this.

Screenshot 2023-09-20 9.48.56 AM.png

Yes, I know there's too much dash, or not enough dash, or too much sky, or not enough sky, or too many reflections.
I would prefer the horizon to be centred at 50% image height, but that works OK.
I don't like the mounting system for the camera. I wish it was on suction cup mount similar to what Rove cameras use,
Suction cups wobble and vibrate, not good for this sort of video.

I suggest you leave the sound there, it is decent quality and part of the video, would be nowhere near as immersive without it. Much prefer that to music all the way through.

Overall, quite decent (y)

After complaining about the mount, I will say that I have used one of the two sheets of static film that were supplied with the camera, and have repositioned the camera 6 or 7 times at least, and have moved the camera between two different vehicles a couple of times, and I'm still using the original sheet of static film. I just keep it attached to the GPS mount, and "unpeel" it from the windshield when I need to. I've actually trimmed it down in size a little bit, to remove my grungy fingerprints from the edges. Still working great.
Sunday, we begin our 42-day road trip. Fingers crossed. See ya on down the road, Jack!

After complaining about the mount, I will say that I have used one of the two sheets of static film that were supplied with the camera, and have repositioned the camera 6 or 7 times at least, and have moved the camera between two different vehicles a couple of times, and I'm still using the original sheet of static film. I just keep it attached to the GPS mount, and "unpeel" it from the windshield when I need to. I've actually trimmed it down in size a little bit, to remove my grungy fingerprints from the edges. Still working great.
Sunday, we begin our 42-day road trip. Fingers crossed. See ya on down the road, Jack!
42 days wowser! Enjoy and check back in with some more footage! :)

Back