A119 Mini 2 - Enable WiFi on boot up?

Xybone

Reaction score
Country
United States
As the title states. Where is the option to enable the WiFi Access Point when the camera starts up? I don’t want to have to click & hold the WiFi button and restart the recording every time I start to drive. Thanks

As the title states. Where is the option to enable the WiFi Access Point when the camera starts up? I don’t want to have to click & hold the WiFi button and restart the recording every time I start to drive. Thanks
Maybe if wifi was active on last shutdown, an update could be made to make it active on reboot.

If you say "turn on wifi" using the voice command (english), wifi will be turned on automatically.
Instead of pressing the button, this might work too.

The wifi will be turned off when the camera enters the parking mode or after being turned off. You need to turn it on manually or via the voice control. But there is no need to turn on wifi every time you start your car actually. You can just turn it on when you need to change the camera settings or check the footage.

Maybe if wifi was active on last shutdown, an update could be made to make it active on reboot.

If you say "turn on wifi" using the voice command (english), wifi will be turned on automatically.
Instead of pressing the button, this might work too.
Yes, I like this implementation. Keep it on if you want it to be on, or keep it off until you need it.

I wasn’t able to get the voice commands working, not sure if you’re supposed to say an activation word or if it’s supposed to be always listening. Also, my parents will be sharing the car, and they cannot speak English so I don’t think I can rely on the voice commands.

The wifi will be turned off when the camera enters the parking mode or after being turned off. You need to turn it on manually or via the voice control. But there is no need to turn on wifi every time you start your car actually. You can just turn it on when you need to change the camera settings or check the footage.
Hi, would you be able to add an option to have WiFi always on, or have it turned on if the last state of the WiFi was on? Having to teach my parents how to press a tiny button behind the rear view mirror high up on the windshield is not ideal, and the voice commands set to Mandarin can’t understand my parents’ dialect so they can’t enable it hands-free.

Also while I have you here, is there any way to turn up the brightness of the LEDs on the camera during the day? They’re the perfect brightness during night driving, but during the day, the LEDs are so dim it looks like the unit is off.

Thanks

Yes, I like this implementation. Keep it on if you want it to be on, or keep it off until you need it.

Why do you want me to always have Wi-Fi on?

The main purpose of wifi is to download videos from the phone and adjust settings when necessary. If wifi is always on, more energy consumption and heating will occur.

Additionally, if wifi is turned off, the quality of video recording will be at full performance.

This application is available in the screenless model. It is thought that a model with a screen will be needed.
There may actually be a way to activate this option, with a setting in the menu. @viofo @VIOFO-Support

I wasn’t able to get the voice commands working, not sure if you’re supposed to say an activation word or if it’s supposed to be always listening. Also, my parents will be sharing the car, and they cannot speak English so I don’t think I can rely on the voice commands.

You can watch how the voice command will be done in the video below.

Hi, would you be able to add an option to have WiFi always on, or have it turned on if the last state of the WiFi was on? Having to teach my parents how to press a tiny button behind the rear view mirror high up on the windshield is not ideal, and the voice commands set to Mandarin can’t understand my parents’ dialect so they can’t enable it hands-free.

Also while I have you here, is there any way to turn up the brightness of the LEDs on the camera during the day? They’re the perfect brightness during night driving, but during the day, the LEDs are so dim it looks like the unit is off.

Thanks
About the WiFi, we will forward this to our engineer and confirm if it can be realized through a special firmware. But the brightness of the buttons cannot be adjusted. It will look darker if there is a strong light in the surroundings. Hope you will understand.

About the WiFi, we will forward this to our engineer and confirm if it can be realized through a special firmware. But the brightness of the buttons cannot be adjusted. It will look darker if there is a strong light in the surroundings. Hope you will understand.
Why do you want me to always have Wi-Fi on?

The main purpose of wifi is to download videos from the phone and adjust settings when necessary. If wifi is always on, more energy consumption and heating will occur.

Additionally, if wifi is turned off, the quality of video recording will be at full performance.

This application is available in the screenless model. It is thought that a model with a screen will be needed.
There may actually be a way to activate this option, with a setting in the menu. @viofo @VIOFO-Support

You can watch how the voice command will be done in the video below.
Fair points, Vantrue does have the option of wifi which I utilise, where wifi is turned on when the car starts but turns off after 10 minutes. Perhaps overkill, but nice to have the option there I suppose

Back