A119 Mini 2 use in multiple cars

ggarnold

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all, I'm new to dash cams and looking for advice. Up until now, I've only dabbled with general use cams (e.g. GoPro), mounting in my vehicles with a suction mount. This works okay but I'm ready to graduate to a purpose-build dash cam.

The new A119 Mini 2 looks like a great fit - love the video quality from STARVIS 2, 5GHz wifi is fantastic, USB-C is ubiquitous. Price is great as well with the current $30 off on Amazon.

My problem and question... I have two cars I'm wanting to cover with a new dash cam. These vehicles are used at different times, for different purposes. Car #1 is my daily around-town car, and Car #2 goes with me to the mountains and other fun places on the weekends. However, I'm not ready to purchase TWO dash cams (although very possible in the future).

Pretty sure I saw the A119 V3 can be moved between cars since they sell extra mounts. However, not seeing anything similar for the Mini 2. I'm guessing a suction mount could be rigged up, but seems sketchy.

Can anyone provide a recommendation for how to swap the Mini 2 between vehicles? Alternatively, can you confirm swapping the Mini 2 would be more of science experiment and I should consider the V3 instead?

Thanks,
Greg

As @CaptureYourAction mentioned, you can purchase additional GPS mounts for the A119 Mini 2. The GPS mount for the A119 Mini 2 is the same one used with the A119 Mini. VIOFO's website didn't list that the same GPS mount worked with the A119 Mini 2, so I mentioned that to VIOFO and it looks like they updated the info on the product listing page. https://viofo.com/accessories/273-gps-module-for-viofo-a119-minia119-mini-2-car-dash-camera.html

You'll also need a power adapter for the second vehicle. A cigarette lighter adapter or HK4 hardwire kit - depending on how you will use the A119 Mini 2 in the second car.

Back