A119 Pro Video Problem

Rocket_Scientist

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
VIOFO A119, VIOFO A119P
Just received new head unit directly from Viofo.
Started to adjust settings.
Camera was working, then stopped working.
Flashed updated firmware from 1.31. to 1.32.
Screen is black, except for text items around the edges.
Recorded Movies & Photos are black.

Contacting Viofo support.

Reload the firmware.

Did the issue start before or after you installed V1.32?

I have forward to our support team to help.

Support Team wants me to ship it back at cost of $25. The head unit cost was $49.99 including shipping.
Shipping from US to China is much more expensive that from China to US.
Does not make sense to ship all the way back to China.

I will try a firmware reload. It was unsuccessful in correcting the image issue.
When it turns on, there is no image on the screen.
It does record, but the image is just black, except for the detail info along the bottom.
I suspect the cable that attaches the lens to the main body has detached internally when attempting to position the lens angle.

Not that hard to take apart.

Last edited:
Support Team wants me to ship it back at cost of $25. The head unit cost was $49.99 including shipping.
Shipping from US to China is much more expensive that from China to US.
Does not make sense to ship all the way back to China.

I will try a firmware reload. It was unsuccessful in correcting the image issue.
When it turns on, there is no image on the screen.
It does record, but the image is just black, except for the detail info along the bottom.
I suspect the cable that attaches the lens to the main body has detached internally when attempting to position the lens angle.
Easy enough to open it up to inspect the ribbon cable. So the issue was there before you updated the firmware?

I don't know. All of a sudden, the screen was black.
Cable good. Probably lens chip failed.

UPDATE
Viofo Support emailed me this. Issue is on track for resolution.

Sorry to find the feedback as below, we always trying best to help you resolve matter friendly.
In order to help you get working camera asap, we will send out replacement on Monday from China.

As to the defective camera body, how about we provide you an USA address to return?
We'd like to refund you shipping fees upon you send it, how do you think so?
IMG_1516.JPG

Last edited:
I don't know. All of a sudden, the screen was black.
Cable good. Probably lens chip failed.

UPDATE
Viofo Support emailed me this. Issue is on track for resolution.

Sorry to find the feedback as below, we always trying best to help you resolve matter friendly.
In order to help you get working camera asap, we will send out replacement on Monday from China.

As to the defective camera body, how about we provide you an USA address to return?
We'd like to refund you shipping fees upon you send it, how do you think so?
View attachment 46835
Disassemble the Lens module take a photo and post it with closeups of the ribbon cable especially near the ends, cracks along some traces will create blank video. Carefully clean ribbon cable contacts and re-insert fully as shown in my DIY videos.

use this A129 Lens DIY replacement video as guide, ask Viofo to ship you replacement pre-focused A119 Pro Lens module with sensor and ribbon cable.
Viofo A119 Pro 1440p Dashcam Tips = https://viofo-a119-pro-dash-cam-review.blogspot.com

Back