A119- What Video Viewer software for a PC?

Brad Maruhn

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A119
I am new to using Dash Cams and the A119 is great for photo's but what software does one use to view the Video files?

For play the video, you can use the VLC, MPC, for view video with GPS info, please use dashcam viewer.

For play the video, you can use the VLC, MPC, for view video with GPS info, please use dashcam viewer.
#viofo can u tell me the brand recommended for the 64GB memory card for the A119 plus GPS

Thank you I will open link
I did open it and it showed me what I really know. I was just wondering about the brand for my A119 & SG9665GC some brands are not so compatible I have now Transcend 64GB and have shuddering problems maybe its the card Thanks anyways Not the viewer as I tried a few.

if it's a 400x or greater those are recommended cards and you shouldn't be having issues with it

if it's a 400x or greater those are recommended cards and you shouldn't be having issues with it
Thanks for a speedy reply. yes it is a 400x and still shuddering if that's the right term. It hesitates over and over throughout the footage. Half second increments. From ur past experience has anyone complained about this type of problem to u before? I used about 5 different players from Microsoft downloads. All have same results of hesitation.+

I use a lexar 633x class 10 128 Go memory card with my A119 dashcam, no problem so far,

if you have problems then it could be your video player software, VLC is a good player, but sometimes on some PC we need to disable "GPU hardware acceleration" option in VLC options, because graphic card driver may have bugs for h264 hardware acceleration, it's often better to use a 100% CPU mode for the playback of the file in order to avoid strange display or lags

I use a lexar 633x class 10 128 Go memory card with my A119 dashcam, no problem so far,

if you have problems then it could be your video player software, VLC is a good player, but sometimes on some PC we need to disable "GPU hardware acceleration" option in VLC options, because graphic card driver may have bugs for h264 hardware acceleration, it's often better to use a 100% CPU mode for the playback of the file in order to avoid strange display or lags
Great information thanku I am looking into what u are suggesting. Will let u know

Thanks for a speedy reply. yes it is a 400x and still shuddering if that's the right term. It hesitates over and over throughout the footage. Half second increments. From ur past experience has anyone complained about this type of problem to u before? I used about 5 different players from Microsoft downloads. All have same results of hesitation.+

does it playback smoothly on the camera, if it does then it won't be the memory card

also are you copying the file to your computer hard drive and playing back from there?

check also if the A119 is working at USB 2.0 speed ( and not USB 1 ) when you connect it to the PC,

I notice sometimes that my PC ( under archlinux ) recognizes the dashcam as "usb1 device" ( slow speed ), I need to unplug and replug the device in order to have full speed ( USB 2.0 )

does it playback smoothly on the camera, if it does then it won't be the memory card

also are you copying the file to your computer hard drive and playing back from there?
Guess what? I fixed it. A member by the name of Curtis 54 gave me an idea to check my laptop hardware. I deleted my Amd display adapter and then downloaded and installed it again. It works perfect now. This is something to remember if it happens to someone else "display adapter" delete and reinstall in case original became corrupted. Thanks for taking the time to try and help me.

Curtis u are a GENIOUS I did exactly what u said and deleted my display driver then reinstalled it now works perfect thank u.

For the videos uploaded here or youtube, how are the videos stitched together for one longer video?

For the videos uploaded here or youtube, how are the videos stitched together for one longer video?
There are a number of ways to do that. Several dashcam viewer packages will take multiple segments, allow you to adjust, edit, clip etc can do it.

Also a lot of video editing software can do this. Most of my videos are created using Movavi Video Editor.

At first I was using Microsoft's Windows movie maker live, as it was free and already on my laptop. I now use AVS Video Editor it was $50. There is a full-feature free version to try but puts an anoying stamp in the dead center of your created videos.

There are a multitude of video editors out there with a wide rage of features and abilities. Try a few out (most will have at least some sort of free trial before you needing to spending any money one one) and see which one comes most natural to you for ease of use and what you want to accomplish with your video creations.

Back