A119 - Whitelabel Products?

AndrewL

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just noticed this A119 look-alike being sold at Canadian Tire. It doesn't have the same lens as the A119S but everything else looks to be the same. I thought Viofo wasn't going to do any OEM/Whitelabel.

wrSGcCg.jpg

Papago also has a GoSafe 770 as well:

EMWGiap.jpg

they use the same main chassis, there are a few that have access to the tooling but not everyone is using the same hardware, there are some variations

The time has come to watch out for "fakes". And the Viofo S is only just about to hit the streets!

What about the standard A119 I wonder? "Fakes" out there now?

these are both legitimate products, just the specification is different, there is a limited group that have access to this tooling to do their own model, at this stage there are still no copies to have to worry about

Last edited:
The Papago camera has been out for just as long I believe. Someone posted this camera over the summer.

they use the same main chassis, there are a few that have access to the tooling but not everyone is using the same hardware, there are some variations

How do these things work in China? Is the tooling rented and all components bought "off the shelf" or does Viofo resell their chassis to others? Will these have the same chip and sensor as the a119 and how are they different from the a118 clones that are "fake"?

Just noticed this A119 look-alike being sold at Canadian Tire. It doesn't have the same lens as the A119S but everything else looks to be the same. I thought Viofo wasn't going to do any OEM/Whitelabel.

wrSGcCg.jpg

Papago also has a GoSafe 770 as well:

EMWGiap.jpg
The price at Canadian Tire is $199.00 with a one year replacement ,just return in person at store. The price on Amazon.CA Canada is $99.95 I don't like that the price is almost $200 here in Canada because now the thieves when they see the wedge in a car will smash and grab, before I don't think they would waste their time thinking it is too inexpensive to take a chance.

Good to know @jokiin, I was originally assuming that the tooling would not be lent out at all from what happened with the A118 but I assume Viofo has partners they would trust.

How do these things work in China? Is the tooling rented and all components bought "off the shelf" or does Viofo resell their chassis to others? Will these have the same chip and sensor as the a119 and how are they different from the a118 clones that are "fake"?

the A119 tooling is made by one supplier in a partner arrangement with the PCB manufacturer, there are a few select customers that have access to that

the tooling for the A118 has been sold to just about anyone that wants it now, supplier got greedy when the model became popular and had someone else do copy PCB's and alternate solution versions

there are plenty of public model products where everything is available off the shelf and the 'manufacturers' are really just assemblers, they buy the parts and just put it together, a lot of products that start out quite decent end up destroyed by this type of arrangement as more and more copy versions become available

Papago only sell this in China, so this will not affect our business as we didn't sell in China, they make this after saw our A119.
But they sell the no GPS version, so not like us take much time for GPS version, so even they release before us.

Back