A119S v2

What should i be looking for to test for issues? Cheers
Check if you image is not blurry at any corner. Check it when your park (red light) and don't use object that are moving as reference point (motion blur).
Some got a problem with pin connection, so check the sound and GPS info. Another problem can be the gap between the gps and camera house.

I got 2 A119s and there both working good.

When powered through the GPS mount, caused corruption of files and also the firmware for some users. A little wiggle-room in between the mount and camera. GPS mount contact pin(s) getting stuck. Softer focus on the left side.

A redesigned pin contact system and EVA foam padding for V2 should take care of the mount related issues. And from what I've read here, the lens base has also been switched, which should take care of the focus issue.

Bottomline, go for V2.
Thats good news as i won't be using it with gps, thanks for advising.
Ill check for corner blur on playback via PC of static image example stationary image of a house or garage etc?
Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk

Just got mine. Looks like it's a returned unit judging by the dirt or marks on power button. I just took it out of the box. Hopefully it works fine.
d8c7c098251f2a023fd4fb311271874b.jpg
e47ca1f6fa3dd33c07fa68222f6c7fef.jpg
ac05c91ef6d3a0dfeceba1587edd754a.jpg

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

Just got mine. Looks like it's a returned unit judging by the dirt or marks on power button. I just took it out of the box. Hopefully it works fine.

That's a V1

It will have V2 on the serial number plate if it's a V2.

Seems to work alright just one hot pixel present during test in room. Mounted on back truck window, would the right angle USB connector help in this scenario?

Back one with cable all messed up and the front one installed ages ago.
956fa43a58ec00d1af56fea52e263b56.jpg
e8701e9b5e0675499eca6e592d9f0821.jpg

0f68f930825f75f11ce8a3acea357395.jpg

would have been neater if you ran that rear cable from the other side
Indeed. Albeit moot, unit is what we call "duff" aka DOA. Capacitors don't work , i posted a new thread about it.

Is anyone else having problems inserting the SD card on their v2? Last night after coming home I went to pull the SD card to review some test clips. This morning when I went to reinstall it I had a hard time putting it back in. It seemed like it would either hit the metal part of the reader or try to wedge behind it more often than it would slip inside where it's supposed to be. After unmounting the body I realized I have the lean the card back in order to insert the SD card. Here are some pictures.

w1l6dbV.jpg

AUkNNge.jpg

Did I get another bad a119s..

Last edited:
Seems like the socket is recessed too much. This why I don't like the location of the card where it is. It is the same for my SG and I always have hard time accessing it.

I dont think location is a problem for me. With the v1 i had i unmounted it like atleast 20 or 30 times because i was gathering test clips. Never once did i have a problem mounting the card back in. I mean, it is a tedious task but it never got jammed or felt like it was going in the wrong way.

No other reports of card slot insertion/ejection issues. If you bought it from OCD Tronic I'm happy to swap it for you if needed.

I dont think location is a problem for me. With the v1 i had i unmounted it like atleast 20 or 30 times because i was gathering test clips. Never once did i have a problem mounting the card back in. I mean, it is a tedious task but it never got jammed or felt like it was going in the wrong way.
This is what I'm talking about. I have a giant plastic cover (rain sensor, etc.) and pretty much the only place I could mounted was to the right of it.
IMG_20170429_234912.jpg IMG_20170429_234936.jpg IMG_20170429_234952.jpg

I see what youre saying but thats not the problem im experiencing. I have mine mounted to the left of the mirror to make the sd card accessible. But it wont insert freely/effortlessly like my first a119 did. I think i got another dud.

Along with the card im also having problems with video during the night. I get these randoms spurts of film noise in the picture. Looks like sharpness increases by 1000. It only lasts about a split second but it happens over and over again. It can be seen in the video by pausing the video and running the slider all the way back to 0. Its alot more visible on a pc than on the phone so i suggest you view it on a pc.
https://gfycat.com/ScratchyParchedIcelandichorse

Day time video seems to be okay for the most part. Focal clarity on the lens is great compared to v1. No soft spots on the lens. However it seems like this one has poor dynamic range or exposure. Seems to white out the sky and bright buildings really bad. EV is set to 0. I realize i may be able to adjust exposure value but it will also negate night time video. I think i have a good sky to road ratio.

Last edited:
the reader is slightly out of alignment with the slot
Yes...Mine has this issue also. First cam Ive had that has had this. Not a big deal, but can be frustrating . Something for QC to be mindful of in the future.
CRS

My opinion....There is only a couple of Sellers here on this forum that make sure you are satisfied with your purchase OCD Tronic & Capture your Action. Both these Sellers will help you with any problems. And you will be guaranteed to receive a brand new unit and not a used refurbished cam.

My opinion....There is only a couple of Sellers here on this forum that make sure you are satisfied with your purchase OCD Tronic & Capture your Action. Both these Sellers will help you with any problems. And you will be guaranteed to receive a brand new unit and not a used refurbished cam.
I bought my A119 v1 back in September 2016 from Capture your Action and was happy still am.
I had an Adorama $15 coupon which i needed to use before end of April 2017. Adorama had the device A119S v1 on sale plus with my coupon which Helen from Adorama was nice enough to have given me ( i didnt ask for it) brought the total price down to $63.

Back