A12 and camera module

atek000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if it's in the right section, but I don't see A12/B3M category in the Blueskysea folder, so I'll put it here.

Hello
I bought a Blueskysea A12 camera a year ago and it worked great, I'm happy with it, I mean I've been happy to this day. After returning from work, I wanted to check the recording and it turned out that the front camera is not recording, there is a blue screen. The morning walk to work was registered correctly, however, after turning it on again around 3:30 pm, it did not. Swapped the front and rear cameras between them and the front camera module is definitely damaged.
I do not expect a warranty or repair, but I would like to ask if it is possible to buy only the front camera module. Or if it was possible to indicate or propose some modules available on the market. I would like to know if all AHD modules will be compatible, such as Erisin ES586. I am an electronics engineer and if it is necessary to convert the cables, it will not be a problem for me.

Regards

but I would like to ask if it is possible to buy only the front camera module.
Yes it is available! And please contact the vendor for help directly or DM me your order number for the warranty then!

I picked up a new camera module today. Already mounted and happy again.
Many thanks to the all blueskysea team

I don't know if it's in the right section, but I don't see A12/B3M category in the Blueskysea folder, so I'll put it here.

Hello
I bought a Blueskysea A12 camera a year ago and it worked great, I'm happy with it, I mean I've been happy to this day. After returning from work, I wanted to check the recording and it turned out that the front camera is not recording, there is a blue screen. The morning walk to work was registered correctly, however, after turning it on again around 3:30 pm, it did not. Swapped the front and rear cameras between them and the front camera module is definitely damaged.
I do not expect a warranty or repair, but I would like to ask if it is possible to buy only the front camera module. Or if it was possible to indicate or propose some modules available on the market. I would like to know if all AHD modules will be compatible, such as Erisin ES586. I am an electronics engineer and if it is necessary to convert the cables, it will not be a problem for me.

Regards
Hello Atek00
I purchased the same A12 camera a year ago (19 april 2023) and it worked fine until last week...
I have a BLUESCREEN and also the both videos registered are alos completely BLUE...
I can hear the sound of the motorbike but the viedo are blue (both front and rear).
Did you reached BLUESKYSEA ?
Did you solved your BLUE screen problem ?
What is it coming from ?
How did you solved it please ?
Thanks for your help

Xavier

Hi zaza24
I regret to say that the device has suffered another failure. It's not even the same because it remained with the previous motorcycle. A year ago I bought another A12, but after two months it was damaged. Blueskysea replaced it, but the new one didn't last long either. Unfortunately, I have to say that the complaints department at Blueskysea does not work as we would like. I sent my camera back by airmail in February and for over 2 months they claimed they had not received it. Now after 3 months they say they will fix it and let me know.
Unfortunately, in your case I suspect the same thing as mine, i.e. water got in and caused damage.
Please tell me if there are any spots on the screen when the application is started? Does it show you a menu? If the Menu works or you see the welcome logo, then the display is OK and the blue signal may be caused by the cameras sensors being disconnected or damaged.
If it doesn't display anything, you probably have water inside and electrocorrosion. Unfortunately, these devices are not that waterproof, especially since there is a lot of vibration on the motorcycle and the seals around the display may lose their properties.
Unfortunately, currently all Blueskysea devices have a display. Recently I bought 2 B5M sets for my friends and I will install them under the seat. It's a pity, because they could remove the display, which would reduce the cost and at the same time increase the water resistance.

Last edited:
Hi Atek000
Thanks for your prompt reply.
As for my problem, the screen displays the menu (but BLUE scren not video at all) and when I ride the screen shows 0 km/h speed !
The SD card still stores the videos but the videos (both rear and front) are also BLUE BUT I can hear the sound of the bike...
I have sent an email yesterday to BLUESKYSEA (adress I get on APLIEXPRESS is 3342856892@qq.com) or do you have another email adress ?

Thanks for your help

Xavier

Attachments

• 20240429_200947.jpg
    20240429_200947.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240429_200947.jpg
    20240429_200947.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 2
zaza24 - You're lucky, in your case I would suspect the front and rear camera modules or the connection. Please check all cables, maybe they are damaged somewhere. The fact that you have sound is understandable, because the microphone is in the module with the remote control (the round one with three orange buttons).
I paid $30 for the new camera module with shipping, but it was in August 2022. At that time I wrote with Vicky (support@blueskysea-inc.com)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hawk5 DV988 9
O DV988 24
estore009 DV988 9
Back