DV988 wont connect to cameras

Hawk5

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can't seem to get the WiFi cameras to work with any APP. Downloaded several, used the password, and nothing. It connects for a second then says there is no network. How do you connect them to a iPhone 13?

I have that app, the latest firmware, the power is coming from the battery, and the accessory wire is hooked up as well. It connects to the WiFi, I input the password, then I hit connect to camera and it drops the WifFi and spins.

Open all permissions to the app when installing the app onto your iPhone!

I've done all that. It does not want to connect for some reason. The app was one of the reasons I bought this thing.

This is not likely to be involved in your situation, but I'll mention it anyway.

On my iPhone, I have a security product (Norton 360) installed. It sets up its own private VPNs. Those VPNs can cause dash camera apps to not successfully establish or maintain the Wi-Fi connection. If you have a security product installed, you might need to temporarily pause/disable the VPNs it is maintaining. I've run into that issue with VIOFO and BlackVue dash cameras when the Norton 360 security app has its VPNs connected/established.

No VPN stuff on my phone but thanks for the info.

Tell me your iPhone module and IOS version info. I will give it a try later with our support team, thanks!

I had a very similar situation with my Android phone, it turned out that the phone disconnected the WiFi itself and connected to the 4G network only because the WiFi network did not have an internet connection. It was enough to confirm that despite the lack of internet connection, you still want to connect to this network.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DaioRider DV988 3
O DV988 3
Hawk5 DV988 7
Hawk5 DV988 4
Y DV988 8
Back