A129 3-wire kit

I did that and it still drained the battery. Maybe my cable is bad now? I would rather just turn it on and off.
The HK3 circuit is drawing power all the time - even if it's not letting current pass to the camera, it's a very small, but constant load.

The HK3 circuit is drawing power all the time - even if it's not letting current pass to the camera, it's a very small, but constant load.
will draw about 6mA when unplugged until it gets to the cutoff voltage, if it doesn't start after cutting off at that point though that's a sign of poor battery health

My car with a regular flooded 65B24L battery, the A129 runs in parking mode for anywhere from 8 hours to 15 hours depending on state-of-charge (SOC) of the battery. If I drive just 30 mins daily for a week, it might cut off as soon as 7 hours. This is with 12.4v cut-off setting. I've noted that my HK3 actually cuts off closer to 12.2v at this setting, therefore I dare not use a lower setting. After the HK3 has shut itself, the voltage will bounce back to 12.3v for a bit and continue its natural enthropy. To get anywhere beyond 10 hours of parking mode recording, the car battery would have been topped up recently with a wall charger.

With this knowledge, I set the parking recording timer to 6 hours (since there's no longer any "office parking" situations) and hopefully the HK3 never goes off when I'm outside and results in faster waking up when I start the car.

Back