A129 Duo rear camera

Ok, so now six weeks later, is there any news on an ir-equipped rear camera option, or is it still just a possible idea for the future?

Reactions: Mtz
Ok, so now six weeks later, is there any news on an ir-equipped rear camera option, or is it still just a possible idea for the future?

in production already, you should be able to purchase it next month

in production already, you should be able to purchase it next month
Next we need the 3-channel version of the main camera so that we can record front+rear+interior.
I suspect that will take a bit longer to arrive...

Solution is available now to support up to 4 X 1080p30, no doubt you'll see more options come to market as things progress

Solution is available now to support up to 4 X 1080p30, no doubt you'll see more options come to market as things progress
4 is no good,

front+rear+left+right+interior = 5... then we will be happy :)

No 5 channel at this stage, looking at some other multi channel options at the moment, development time is quite long though

Sample is available, we are still adjusting the IR led and do more testing.

One power cable in & 3 (or 4) remote camera cables going out. That could be tricky to hide on the windscreen.

One power cable in & 3 (or 4) remote camera cables going out. That could be tricky to hide on the windscreen.

not the type of device where the guts of it would be inside one of the cameras, would all be remote cameras

Yes, I would want to hide it above the roof lining, but against the metal of the roof it is going to get rather hot up there!

So does that mean we need 4 long cables running down the A pillar into the cool right next to each other and causing interference with each other and the radio antenna?

And without the front camera inside the main unit, does that mean that all cameras will be of lower quality as in Tony's post on the A129 rear camera?

And we also need an extra cable for the remote GPS so that it can be mounted on the windscreen where it can see the satellites?

not the type of device where the guts of it would be inside one of the cameras, would all be remote cameras
I figured that would be the case.

Are such devices still tied to storing on a single removable SD card, or are other options available?

I figured that would be the case.

Are such devices still tied to storing on a single removable SD card, or are other options available?

there are other options, whether that's practical or not though is another matter, you don't design these things based on what's available right now though or they're out of date by the time they're done

So does that mean we need 4 long cables running down the A pillar into the cool right next to each other and causing interference with each other and the radio antenna?
3 cables going on the left and 3 on the right. I added the power cable and GPS cable.
I think this camera have its market share but will have limited clients.
There are other market zones where there are no products like on buses, trucks; some device which is more a security camera than a dashcam, with internet connection to the company base. This zone is much bigger compare to 4CH dashcam zone.

enjoy,
Mtz

3 cables going on the left and 3 on the right. I added the power cable and GPS cable.
I think this camera have its market share but will have limited clients.
There are other market zones where there are no products like on buses, trucks; some device which is more a security camera than a dashcam, with internet connection to the company base. This zone is much bigger compare to 4CH dashcam zone.

enjoy,
Mtz
Yes, you need to like installing cables for one of those! For most people the current dual cameras with one in the main unit is more convenient.

I think for the bus/truck, it is better to use wifi than cables, maybe then you are limited to 3fps on each camera, but for a security camera that is not an problem, then all you need is a power cable for each camera, or one running around all the cameras if that is more convenient.

Yes, dual cameras with 2 lens into the main unit are more requested. Then follow the 3CH cameras with 2 cameras in front unit and 1 rear camera.
For buses/truck the camera with 2 lens should be enough the problem now is how to transmit data like images, speed, gps to company base. Some function like counting passengers can be a requested option too. The bus drivers are making too much money from tickets and many bosses want to know the truth.

enjoy,
Mtz

OK, so what does that mean time-wise then? Another three weeks? 2019?

@jokiin, you mentioned that IR-equipped rear/inside cam is already in production. Does that mean StreetGuardian will have an IR-equipped dual camera model available sooner than that?

Thanks.

Hi,
I am very glad to hear you are planning to add IR support !!
Do you have plans to add support in the menu to turn the IR LEDS On/OFF ?

Do you have estimation for the release date?

Thanks,
Reuben

there are other options, whether that's practical or not though is another matter, you don't design these things based on what's available right now though or they're out of date by the time they're done
I believe that a possibility to write data onto two memory cards in parallel (the same data at the same time!) would be pretty valuable and not too complex to implement. An obvious use case is: after an incident/accident, you give one memory card to road police, while the second one stays with you -- instead of attempts to copy files somewhere in panic after a crash... smartphone not able to accomodate a memory card, wifi of dashcam not working, no laptop etc. Of course some technical problems (detect presense/absense/removal-on-the-fly; card-by-card free space management to name a few) of a secondary memory card have to be solved.

Back