A129 Focus and CPL Fitment?

RavenManiac

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo, mini 0806 (RIP)
The clarity of the signs at the side of the road do leave a lot to be desired.

I'd be looking for fingerprints on the lens - maybe have another go at cleaning the lens and glass, and don't use anything that might leave a residue, water with a tiny bit of detergent.

Could be caused by windscreen tint that is not very clear?

I don't see any CPL edges, the bottom corners do have a dashboard reflections in the corners, I guess because the camera is a long way from the bottom of the glass in that vehicle and the CPL doesn't work very well in the very corners of the image.

Plug it into a powerbank and record a bit of video outside the car, with and without the CPL, then you will see if it is the camera, the CPL, or the car that is the issue...

Plug it into a powerbank and record a bit of video outside the car, with and without the CPL, then you will see if it is the camera, the CPL, or the car that is the issue...
(y)

Not sure if anyone else noticed but OP's clip is 720P vs the Native Resolution of 1080P. So we can't really chime in since what we're seeing is downsampled.

OP - Please upload clip to Youtube or Google Drive at the native resolution. Then we can determine if there is an actual issue.

I started to have the same focusing issue. I contacted VIOFO and am waiting for a resolution....

Not sure if anyone else noticed but OP's clip is 720P vs the Native Resolution of 1080P. So we can't really chime in since what we're seeing is downsampled.

OP - Please upload clip to Youtube or Google Drive at the native resolution. Then we can determine if there is an actual issue.
Did you download it? File appears 1080p to me. Certainly looks to be out of focus.

not sure what you looked at, it is out of focus though

Hey guys, Thanks for all your posts. I sent Viofo a link to the video and they're sending me a replacement camera, but check this out. They posted the video I sent them on the company's Facebook page to show off the A129. Normally, I wouldn't mind, but this video doesn't represent the A129 well at all. Plus, they just showed the world where I live and have even identified my vehicle. Plus, I never gave them permission to use my video for marketing purposes. Not cool.

Hey guys, Thanks for all your posts. I sent Viofo a link to the video and they're sending me a replacement camera, but check this out. They posted the video I sent them on the company's Facebook page to show off the A129. Normally, I wouldn't mind, but this video doesn't represent the A129 well at all. Plus, they just showed the world where I live and have even identified my vehicle. Plus, I never gave them permission to use my video for marketing purposes. Not cool.
would think that was a mistake, not like they would want to share an out of focus video

would think that was a mistake, not like they would want to share an out of focus video
Yes, I would agree. I still don't like having my personal information on a Facebook page. This forum is a little different because it doesn't have Facebook's audience size, nor it's crazy people. :)

Yes, I would agree. I still don't like having my personal information on a Facebook page. This forum is a little different because it doesn't have Facebook's audience size, nor it's crazy people. :)
maybe message them on Facebook, not sure it's the same people here that look after things there

maybe message them on Facebook, not sure it's the same people here that look after things there
I've already contacted Bill through the Viofo support page. They're a good company so I'm sure he'll make sure it gets taken down. I even offered to send him new, less revealing footage, once I get the replacement A129.

I've already contacted Bill through the Viofo support page. They're a good company so I'm sure he'll make sure it gets taken down. I even offered to send him new, less revealing footage, once I get the replacement A129.

They're also a Chinese company and there is little to no privacy left in China. They use facial recognition systems to identify jaywalkers and for tenants to gain access into apartment buildings. And that's just what is being reported, so you can imagine what else facial recognition may be being used for. At the very least in China, someone, somewhere, can reconstruct large pieces on an individual's life simply by checking the automated logs. So posting a voluntarily submitted video may not even trigger any question of appropriateness..

They're also a Chinese company and there is little to no privacy left in China. They use facial recognition systems to identify jaywalkers and for tenants to gain access into apartment buildings. And that's just what is being reported, so you can imagine what else facial recognition may be being used for. At the very least in China, someone, somewhere, can reconstruct large pieces on an individual's life simply by checking the automated logs.

And the U.S. Government doesn't? Guess you've been oblivious to the Patriot Act + NSA data mining every last detail of people's lives. But I guess Fox News probably has Glen Beck or Rush Limbaugh yelling about China this week. Because this same crap happens in the USA, too I'm sure. Just less blatant.

FYI: UK uses License Plate Readers to catch people with warrants + no insurance...Nanny State has arrived everywhere...

Last edited:
not sure what you looked at, it is out of focus though
View attachment 47511

Player only gave me a 720P Option. It looked out of focus and blocky, but I couldn't attribute that to the camera at 720P. Since downsampled video can create artifacts, too.

Didn't download clip to give at native resolution of 1080p. Must have missed that part.

And the U.S. Government doesn't? Guess you've been oblivious to the Patriot Act + NSA data mining every last detail of people's lives. But I guess if Fox News probably has Glen Beck or Rush Limbaugh yelling about China this week. Because this same crap happens in the USA, too I'm sure. Just less blatant.

FYI: UK uses License Plate Readers to catch people with warrants + no insurance...Nanny State has arrived everywhere...

There's no reason to bring your politics into any discussion about dashcams.

There's no reason to bring your politics into any discussion about dashcams.

Hmm.. Let me scroll up one thread to find the tin foil hat guy who went on a political rant about China and Privacy....O wait that was you!

Player only gave me a 720P Option. It looked out of focus and blocky, but I couldn't attribute that to the camera at 720P. Since downsampled video can create artifacts, too.

Didn't download clip to give at native resolution of 1080p. Must have missed that part.
yeah the player is always a lower res version

Back