A129 hardwire stuck on VIOFO logo screen

zimlet

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi, looking for help. My A129 camera is stuck on the loading screen. The Recording and Mic LEDs are on, but no response from pressing any buttons. The camera is using the rear camera, and is hardwired. I would appreciate any help on trouble shooting. Thank you.

CaptureYourAction

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DOD, Dome Technologies, VicoVation, Viofo, GitUp
Try with rear camera unplugged and memory card removed.

Power with the supplied short USB data cable and a USB wall charger.

OP
zimlet

zimlet

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Tried it, no luck.
My computer won't read the camera when plugging it in by USB either. I've managed to update the firmware by using a card reader. Firmware installed (it makes a startup sound, whereas previously I had the sound turned off). But still doesn't get past the VIOFO logo..

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tried it, no luck.
My computer won't read the camera when plugging it in by USB either. I've managed to update the firmware by using a card reader. Firmware installed (it makes a startup sound, whereas previously I had the sound turned off). But still doesn't get past the VIOFO logo..
speak to the seller about warranty

Reactions: gse

Airborne

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A129
Tried it, no luck.
I had this happen to my first camera and I had to return it, this one is working like it should