A129 Parking mode stops working after ~2 hours

I have been testing my A129 with a USB power adapter plugged into a wall outlet pointing out my window. I have found that the parking mode will kick in after 5 minutes and start working. But it seems to stop working after awhile and not always after the same length of time. I can see the camera working via the status LED. It will be flashing indicating that it is not recording and when a car or someone walks in front of it the LED would go solid for about 45 seconds and starts flashing again. When I check, that event was not recorded onto the sd card. I let the camera run a few days and than check the sd card only to find the first day of recordings on it and nothing after that. I have tried resetting and even reloading the firmware, also, formatting and trying different sd cards with the same result. Looks to me that the loop recording is not working properly in parking mode, it is not overwriting old recordings once the card is full.
This is exactly what I'm experiencing too. I've read that events in parking mode seem to use their own undefined amount of 'space' on the SDCard (30% seems to be getting thrown around). I'm not sure on the exact circumstances behind it (I thought it was gsensor actived saved events only).

Maybe there's a glitch in the latest firmware and parking mode has the same limitation but as you said, fails to loop over its self this just stops recording the SDcard.

I noticed if I formatted my card then left it I get more parking mode video before it stops recording (because more free space not filled by driving videos), might explain why others get much more time if they're using larger cards (128/256gb as opposed to my 64gb).

I've switched to low bitrate mode for now but might look for a copy of the v1.8 firmware where they added buffered mode, see if it works any different and it's just a bug that came up on v1.9

Just to confirm, is this using v1.9 firmware on auto event detection? (Buffered parking mode)
That is what I'm currently running.
Also if you are running of a wall socket it rules out hardwire kits and wacky car electric systems.
Yes 1.9 with buffer parking plus both front and rear cameras working together. I've also tried running the regular loop driving mode for a week with the AC powered adapter and it works as expected, old files being over written on the SD card with new recordings.

This is exactly what I'm experiencing too. I've read that events in parking mode seem to use their own undefined amount of 'space' on the SDCard (30% seems to be getting thrown around). I'm not sure on the exact circumstances behind it (I thought it was gsensor actived saved events only).

Maybe there's a glitch in the latest firmware and parking mode has the same limitation but as you said, fails to loop over its self this just stops recording the SDcard.

I noticed if I formatted my card then left it I get more parking mode video before it stops recording (because more free space not filled by driving videos), might explain why others get much more time if they're using larger cards (128/256gb as opposed to my 64gb).

I've switched to low bitrate mode for now but might look for a copy of the v1.8 firmware where they added buffered mode, see if it works any different and it's just a bug that came up on v1.9

Yes, I switched back to low bit-rate as well this morning, I would like to test but don't want to risk it. It would be interesting to see the state of the card and attributes of the files when this happens.

I believe buffered parking mode clips share the same "loop" as events saved in the read only folder. If you are using low bit-rate this uses the same "loop" as normal driving (unless a g-sensor event happens?)

Maybe it hits a bug when it loops round again or something?

My car battery old and 12V 72amph.
dashcam recording up to 4-5 hours in parking mode (low bitrate record), sometimes 2 hours.
I did 1 hour voltage measurement today and the results are as follows

while engine running 13,60-13,88 volt
"parking mode on" 5 second later after engine stopping. (12,96 v)
The voltage dropped rapidly from 12.76 to 12.56 in 8 minutes.
then the voltage drop slowed down.
After 1 hour, it dropped to 12.47 volts.

SD card:Kingston Endurance microSDXC 64gb U1 A1
other one Samsung Evo plus microSDXC 64gb U3

Now HK3 kit circuit breaker set to 12,2 v

01-start.jpg

Kitap1.jpg

My car battery old and 12V 72amph.
dashcam recording up to 4-5 hours in parking mode (low bitrate record), sometimes 2 hours.
I did 1 hour voltage measurement today and the results are as follows

while engine running 13,60-13,88 volt
"parking mode on" 5 second later after engine stopping. (12,96 v)
The voltage dropped rapidly from 12.76 to 12.56 in 8 minutes.
then the voltage drop slowed down.
After 1 hour, it dropped to 12.47 volts.

SD card:Kingston Endurance microSDXC 64gb U1 A1
other one Samsung Evo plus microSDXC 64gb U3

Now HK3 kit circuit breaker set to 12,2 v

You're battery is either bad and needs replaced or you have the camera hardwired improperly where the camera is acting as a parasitic drain on the battery.

I have two cameras and leave one recording in a car for a day or two in parking mode without ever having a problem. Other car records for hours outside when parked and never shuts off.

Back