A129 Pro Duo - swapped cars and now no power to cam

Shore_Thing

Reaction score
Country
United States
Traded my '17 Accord for a '22 Accord Hybrid. I removed both cameras only, dealer said I could leave the old HK3 hardwire kit, rear cam wire, and mounts intact. I had to buy two new window mounts (front is GPS mount, same as original), a new HK3 hardwire kit and a rear cam cable. Same installer installed the new cam, but no power to the cam. Installer checked, stated all three wires were connected to proper power in the fuse box. Still no power to the cam. Asked me to come back tomorrow.

I was able to visit my old car at the dealer and plugged the cam back into the old USB hardwire and the cam fired right up. It's clearly a power supply issue in the new car install. The installer seemed stumped but asked me to come back tomorrow for him to check. i think he's going to remove the HK3 and test it on his bench. I'm trying to get as much info as possible tonight. Assuming that everything IS connected to the fuse box correctly (he is an established dealer installer, but we all make mistakes....). what else could we check? Since it worked in the '17 tonight, I have to be certain that it's a power issue. The new car is an Accord Hybrid, just curious as to whether that could impact something (ie the regulator on the HK3 is getting weird battery vibes from the hybrid battery?) and cutting power to the cam to prevent a dead battery? I'm pretty sure that the installer just left the voltage regulator at whatever the factory default level is, but I was wondering if the regulator was maybe cutting off power to the cam from some odd hybrid battery issue.

TLDR; cam works in '17 Accord with HK3 kit but not a '22 Accord Hybrid with HK3 kit

Is there a ACC fuse for the Hybrid car?

I'm a not that knowledgeable when it comes to the fuse box, and that's exactly what I'm trying to figure out. I was looking for '22 Accord Hybrid fuse box diagrams online, found it in my manual. I'm just curious as to whether the fact that my car is a Hybrid has any bearing, I'd assume the fuse boxes are the same as long as it's the correct amps. The installer is an experienced guy, but something isn't right. It seems like the HK3 is just GRND, Power, and ACC. He said he checked the fuse box and it looked good. FWIW, I remembered that I had the "cigarette adapter" that came with the cameras, the cam powered right up. It's certainly something to do regarding power from the fuse box to the cam, hopefully not just a dud HK3 kit.

Try detaching the rear cable from the rear dashcam... See if that makes any difference on front camera turning on. Oftentimes, the rear cable causes problems. The cable might be bad.

Thanks for your response. The installer was able to get whatever wasn't working, working. He suspects that it may have had something to do with the settings on the voltage regulator (stopping power to the camera), not sure what exact solution that he found. I was sitting in the car today when he finally got it working; it appeared to be properly fuse tapped last time too. I just wanted to make sure that there weren't unforeseen issues due to the car being a Hybrid. The way I see it, and the installer does as well, it's just a simple connection to the fuse box. It's working. Thanks again for your response.

Back