A129 Pro - Length of the power cord with the cigarette lighter plug?

JB-007

Reaction score
Country
United States
Concerning the Viofo A129 Pro- Does anyone know the Length of the power cord with the cigarette lighter plug attachment?
Also, is there an extension for it sold anywhere in case I need it longer?
Thank you for your help.

Not sure about the viofo, i will assume they are like the SG power supplies i am used to handling, if they are then the overall length is 3.8 meters / 12.5 feet.

I can only imagine that if you drive one of the good old US boat sized cars will this be a issue, you can always extend the cable on the 12 V side of things, it is not advisable to extend the 5 V / USB side of things.

You can also get cigarette lighter extensions, or just the female 12 V plug with ? length of wire.
With the viofo power supplies i cant recall if they have the PSU in the cigarette lighter plug itself or like SG have that take place in a little box a bit up the wire.

AE3G_131504623932556586nDYD7RHSSV.jpg

b07m5hp7s5-electroprime-2x-heavy-duty-car-vehicle-extension-cord-with-cigarette-lighter-plug-socket-146718958-8uvdz.jpg

If you need to extend things i would tap into one of the cars fuses for that, then you have your lighter socket free for other stuff. i did this myself a few years ago putting a 3 way 12 V splitter in the boot of my car as back then we used single cameras as there was no good dual channel systems.
And i tried using a long USB wire, resulting in me getting rear ended and not getting a recording of that from my rear camera.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the Length of the power cord with the cigarette lighter plug attachment?
The Viofo ones are normally a 2 port USB adaptor + seperate USB cable of 4 meters length. It seems to vary a bit over time and with model though.
As Kamkar said, extending the USB side is not recommended, and using an inferior quality cable is also not recommended. Extending the 12 volt side is not a problem.

long USB cables usually use too small a gauge wire for the current requirements of the camera. I built my own cables using lamp cord, and they work whereas off the shelf 15' USB cables did not.

Thank you for the information

Back