A129 Pro WiFi dead

Skylar132

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 PRO 2CH
On my A129 pro when I try connecting to the wifi i can enable the wifi within the camera and it gives the impression its turned on but it isn't detected on any devices and doesn't work even if i input the SSID manually, does anyone know a fix for this? This is my second A129 unit because I had to send the first unit back and I'm really not keen on sending this one back and if I did I would be without any form of dash cam for however long viofo take. Can anyone help me out here? I am on the latest firmware

Which was the problem with your first Viofo dashcam?
Which card are you using? (Photo)
How are you powering the camera?

Which was the problem with your first Viofo dashcam?
Which card are you using? (Photo)
How are you powering the camera?
With my first camera the internal speaker died, using an Integral ultima 128GB shown below, the camera is powered with the viofo HWK3 and with Auto event detection parking mode enabled, this happened around a month into owning the camera
ZT0xMjA5NjAwJmg9NTAwJnE9NzUmdD1vdXRib3VuZCZ1cmw9aHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZzdGF0aWMubXltZW1vcnkuY28udWslMkZtZWRpYSUyRmNhdGFsb2clMkZwcm9kdWN0JTJGMyUyRjQlMkYzNDgwNTktMS5qcGcmdz01MDA=

I never heard about this Integral brand. The general advice is to use cards which are Endurance type.

Your camera have no Wi-Fi also when is no card inserted?

Be sure you have latest firmware from viofo.com.

I never heard about this Integral brand. The general advice is to use cards which are Endurance type.

Your camera have no Wi-Fi also when is no card inserted?

Be sure you have latest firmware from viofo.com.
it has no wifi regardless of sd card, it was supplied by viofoUK, upon ordering it i was under the impression it was the viofo branded card but no. and i am on the latest firmware

Have you tried also other bands? Channels? (at least for 5GHz it should be possible now, if I recall correctly)

I’m on firmware 2.5 and can’t connect Wi-Fi IMG_1668.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Integral are also selling in Denmark, but i never had one of them myself, they are one of the cheapest brands.
I am contemplating picking up a 512 GB Emtec brand card ( formerly known as BASF )
One of the cheapest 512 GB cards here.

iu

In regard to the missing wifi, i would try to flash the firmware again, and if it is still gone then, then it is trash time or warranty time.
Also could it have ended on a ignore list on the phone ? no ides if something like that exist as the extremely modest phone / wifi user i am.

If he doesn't even see the Wi-fi listed, than it's not the App problem...
He has two threads and did manage to get wifi it seemed. iPhone has an odd method to connect to Viofo wifi - sometimes.

Viofo requested he follow up with @VIOFO-Support

See link.
Post in thread 'Can’t connect app to Wi-Fi'

I’m on firmware 2.5 and can’t connect Wi-Fi View attachment 59080

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you see the Viofo ssid when using an android phone?

Once you enable wifi if you don’t see any wifi Viofo ssid on your iPhone try this.
In the Wi-Fi menu
Under “Other Networks”
Click on other…
Wait a couple of seconds then return to the previous menu.
You may find you now have a Viofo ssid that you can select.

Just noticed this thread come back so ill provide an update, after updating my cams firmware and using 5ghz wifi any issues I had with the camera are gone (touch wood) and I'm ditching the integral and waiting on a samsung evo arriving

and I'm ditching the integral and waiting on a samsung evo arriving
Great idea. Note that Samsung are updating their range. The Evo is now blue print on white card.

And the PRO plus blue with white print on it.

iu

Also a bit higher on the cost scale, the 130 / 130 MB/s speed of the evo should be fine for any camera i know off.
The evo are not that more expensive than the emtec i look at, will probably be the smarter buy even if it is 15 - 20 AUD on top.

Back