A129 rear camera banding and freezing (and repeatable)

the fix may have come even quicker had you mentioned you weren't using the included power supply
Indeed.
When in dashcam trouble, first check memory card / try other memory card, and then try other power source like power bank / USB wall charger / other car USB charger / PSU
If that fail give a shout and we will try other things to get you up and running.

I have experienced a similar situation
One day when the weather was very cold (-15 degrees), the rear camera fluctuated, then locked the camera.
it fixed when I disconnected the rear camera.
2 days continued like this, when the weather warmed up this problem solved
I don't know if this problem has anything to do with the heat of the air.

We do not suggest to coiled the excess.
May I know how long rear camera cable do you need actually, the standard version is 6 meters.

@viofo what do you suggest for extra cable because I'm guessing most people are going to have this issue.

I loosely coiled because there doesn't seem to be another option.

I had the same issue with an A129 Pro Duo. Known good camera/setup that I installed in a new car. After trying everything else I went back and checked the add-a-fuses. I had used cheap fuses that came with the add-a-fuse and when I pulled them back out one had separated (intermittent contant? I don't know). I carefully reinstalled it with name brand fuses and everything was fixed.

Reactions: Mtz
Back