A139 Pro Test & Review PP

IMX675 is very new...Likely has not even reached mass production yet and is still a sample product.
It is still on version 0.1, unlike IMX662 which is on version 1.0, and IMX678 which is on version 2.0 and has therefore had multiple revisions/silicon tapeouts.
IMX675 is available from September 2022
Sony IMX675 Starvis 2 CMOS.jpg

Maybe the word XING painted on the road doesn't translate well in Romanian?
That XING on the road means that USA are buying from China cheap second hands roads already printed.

Last edited:
Interesting to see that you have SLOW on the road after the rail crossing and not before.

That XING on the road means that USA are buying from China cheap second hands roads already printed.

XING is just a standard and commonly used abbreviation for "CROSSING". In this case a school crossing, not a railroad crossing. It is a combination of the X symbol and a word suffix. Railroad crossings here in the US are also designated with an "X" symbol as you can see on the many signs and road markings in the video we were discussing 10 days ago. Apparently, Romania uses similar signage although maybe not abbreviations like XING. :)

xing.jpg

XING is just a standard and commonly used abbreviation for "CROSSING"
No need Dashcamtalk to understand the meaning of XING. Was very well explained by Google many years ago.

No need Dashcamtalk to understand the meaning of XING. Was very well explained by Google many years ago.

Well Mtz, I don't know why you are still making a fuss about all of this as it doesn't seem like something worth continuing to argue about. The fact is that I was responding to your comment, which to be honest actually comes across a bit like nation bashing, although I figure you were just trying to make a joke. My original comment that initiated this was because you questioned why the word "SLOW" is painted on the road after the railroad crossing rather than before and I tried to explain that it was there because of the school XING which is after the RR crossing. Then I thought maybe "XING" doesn't translate well because it is a term mostly used in North America. "XING" is considered a hybrid word in American English.

Interesting to see that you have SLOW on the road after the rail crossing and not before.

Is this what Google explained many years ago?

does anyone know if you can disable status LED on A139 (pro) too?
I just checked with the latest iPhone APP Version & Firmware.
There is no selection to disable the status LED lights.

Attachments

• 1 .png
    1 .png
    167.4 KB · Views: 10
Is there any recommendation for an SD card for the dashcam?

I can get these 2 on sale atm

A) SanDisk microSDXC 128gb (U3, Class 10, 100 MB/s)

B) Samsung Evo Plus microSDXC 128gb (U3, Class 10, 100 MB/s)

Note the newer Samsung Pro Endurance cards should not be used. The newer cards are white and blue in color. The older, black and white in color, shown above should be OK.

Note the newer Samsung Pro Endurance cards should not be used. The newer cards are white and blue in color. The older, black and white in color, shown above should be OK.
Can you explain why is that? I ordered this sd card

Attachments

• samsung.JPG
    samsung.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 4
As stupid as it is, thanks for letting me know.
I will get this one instead then.
Or is there any issues with this SD card as well even though it's listed as working at viofo website?

Attachments

• 85179df7-8569-52ab-b9eb-7d23c1477e11.jpeg
    85179df7-8569-52ab-b9eb-7d23c1477e11.jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 2
It's not compatible with the A139 Pro.
That is a rather vague answer. Do you have any specific reasons it is not compatible? Is it too slow? does it require a voltage the camera can't provide? Is it the camera that is a problem or the card?

That is a rather vague answer. Do you have any specific reasons it is not compatible? Is it too slow? does it require a voltage the camera can't provide? Is it the camera that is a problem or the card?
Amen

Viofo and A139 Pro, A119 Mini and A229 users all state they do not work well. I believe it's something to do with the new chipset and may be something Novatek/Viofo can "fix" at some point. Time will tell.

Customers should be able to rely on the manufacturer's specific device support page if it shows a list of compatible cards. In this case the colour has changed slightly, but the average consumer will not think this is anything to worry about.

Customers should be able to rely on the manufacturer's specific device support page if it shows a list of compatible cards. In this case the colour has changed slightly, but the average consumer will not think this is anything to worry about.
I'll try both - not sure in which dashcam but I will try the white/blue one for sure.

I am on your site. I do not see how a brand new premium sd card should not be suitable because it changed the color design.

If something is not suitable, than it is the viofo product and not the sd card for sure...

I'll gladly inform you once I have my dashcams installed

Back