A229 Pro (2025) Improvement Wish List

The latest firmware supports the OTA update, and the app is also supported, but we still need more testing.
We can offer testing for the Android app after the holiday.

For A229 Pro and Plus, the interior cam and rear cam HDR is enabled by default, there is no option to turn off, and no plan to add off option for the interior and rear.

For the text stamp, it depends on the resolution, if is 4K resolution, the text font size will be smaller than the 1080P resolution.

In addition, other options should be added to the video resolution, such as I only want to turn on the front camera and keep the back camera off。

OTA update, and the app is also supported, but we still need more testing.
Just do whatever Vanture does for OTA updates on the S1 Pro, (non-cloud).
For A229 Pro and Plus, the interior cam and rear cam HDR is enabled by default, there is no option to turn off, and no plan to add off option for the interior and rear.
Are saying HDR on the Rear & IR Interior cameras is ALWAYS enabled, regardless of settings?
If this is true “HDR STAMP” should ALWAYS be displayed on Rear & IR Interior recorded footage.
We request more transparency how the system functions.
@Karagandinez is driving around trying to confirm & verify this.
For the text stamp, it depends on the resolution, if is 4K resolution, the text font size will be smaller than the 1080P resolution.
Dane Ji, and Annie Shi provided the same answer 4 years ago when I submitted a ticket for the A129 Pro Duo 4K.
I also reported this issue with the A139 Pro 4K, (and was given the same answer).
Resolution is inconsequential to character size text.
When we get 8K, does this mean character size will shrink by half again?
BlackVue 4K+1080P cameras do not have this design flaw, (character size is the "same" F+R).
Whatever the reason you can’t make 4K character size text appear the same size as 2K & 1080p is the core issue.

1.) My 4 Year Old Support Tickets .png
2.) Same Answer 4 Years Ago .png
3.) Dane Ji Reply .png
4.) 4K Incorrect Size Stamp - Too Small .jpg
5.) 1440P Incorrect Size Stamp - Too Small  .jpg
6.) 1080P Correct Size Stamp .jpg
7.) Blackvue 4K Front Camera .png
8.) Blackvue 1080P Rear Camera .png

OK, fair enough.
Please submit your improvement request directly to Viofo;
https://support.viofo.com/support/tickets/new
Viofo has already replied to me, and I estimate they will not value this improvement。
Please refer to the link below:

Viofo has already replied to me, and I estimate they will not value this improvement。
Please refer to the link below:

Viofo do value feedback, and that is a sensible request.
I don't think you are going to get it implemented quickly, but there is an answer to the problem raised by Viofo Support, so maybe someday...

I am worried that frequent manual plugging and unplugging may affect the lifespan of the interface:giggle:
The connectors are rated for tens of thousands of insertions. Make sure you pull the plug, not the wire, and pull it straight, not at an angle. Occasionally people manage to break PCBs by pulling the connectors out at an angle, and sometimes wires pull out of plugs, but the connectors survive.

Are saying HDR on the Rear & IR Interior cameras is ALWAYS enabled, regardless of settings?
Correct.

Why do you want to turn HDR off on the interior camera? Personally I think HDR on the interior camera during daylight is a huge improvement previous interior cameras, and I have no reason to turn HDR off at night.

When we get 8K, does this mean character size will shrink by half again?
I hope not, I already have great difficulty reading the 4K text on the phone screen!

Personally I would like the 4K text larger, the 2K seems about right.
I don't know of any good reason why it can't be made larger, as requested, certainly it not fitting is not a valid reason.

We all know what my amateur opinions are worth, and where I can stick ‘em. lol
-Chuck

1.) Discontinue 3-CH Configuration

If it sells then they will continue with it, and it does appear to be selling, but even if you don't want an interior camera, you do want a telephoto, so maybe your argument should be over the need for 4 channel configurations...

2.) Revert 2-CH Rear 4K + 4K (IMX678 & IMX678) 60Mbps + 60Mbps Bitrate

4K front+rear sounds good, but most people still seem happy with FHD rear, so I can't see a 4K rear selling...

As for the 60fps + 60fps, for movie making, yes, I want one, but it is not needed for accident camera use...

3.) Revert 2-CH IR 4K + 2K (IMX678 & IMX675) 60Mbps + 30Mbps Bitrate

I think you are asking for a normal 2ch, but with 60fps 4K front? Not the "IR 4K" you have written?
I can see an argument for a 4K interior camera with IR, but I don't think it is a very good one.

4.) 60fps Option Both Channels (upgraded processors required)

60fps front must be on the way, we have had 4K 60fps in action cameras and phones for ages. I don't know about 60fps for remote cameras, I suspect that might take longer, especially since 60fps is not necessary for accident cameras.

5.) Revert Coax Cable For Rear & IR Cameras

I think we are driven by technology and cost, Viofo try to bring us performance and great value, so if you want coax you may need to turn to those premium brands that cost more and don't have HDR!

6.) Revert External Microphone Jack

Yes, and maybe move the microphone (and jack) to the interior camera so that it can be positioned better for recording the occupants and people at the window?

7.) “Narrow” Lens From A119 Mini (2022) 93° Horizontal FOV (current FOV is 112°)

It would be interesting to have a choice of narrow or wide lens A229 Plus/Pro, let people choose... which would they choose?

8.) 225° Front Camera Adjustment (ability to show passenger compartment)

I can't see many people using that, if they want to record the passenger compartment they will use a cabin camera, then you don't miss important events in front of the car while you have the front camera pointing the wrong way!

9.) 180° IR Camera Swivel Mount (ability to show driver or passenger window)

Yes, as an optional accessory for the standard cabin camera?

10.) Revert 6 IR LED Emitters FOV 84° to 98° (reposition light sensor)

I'm not sure that it is the reduction in emitter numbers that is the main issue?
As far as I know the 6 emitters all point in the same direction, so maybe we just need to swap to the wide angle emitters used on the A139 to get the wider FoV? There is a separate question as to if we have enough brightness with only 4 wide angle ones, maybe the HDR has sorted that, or maybe 4 more powerful emitters would be needed. We don't want them too powerful though, or parking mode will not run for as long!

11.) LCD Display Horizon Alignment Line (50% Road / 50% Sky)

I don't want a line there, but I would be happy with a little white arrow or dot printed each side, next to the LCD, at 50% height, so that I can always accurately judge where 50% is.

12.) Front Camera Text Overlay Too Small (increase character size like rear camera)

I would have it smaller than the rear camera, but bigger than it currently is.

13.) Optional CPL Filter Rear Camera (clip on / press on)

Yes, or stick on.

14.) Support 1TB SD Card

I wouldn't turn it down, but how am I going to use my new 2024 $500 micro SD card?

yD55dVMP8MH732UDdu9JgT-1200-80.jpg.webp

Realistically, at that price, I think I might prefer an external drive connector, since I could then have many TBs for the same price...

15.) “OK Viofo” Guard Phrase (for voice commands)

No, I like it like it is.

If there is a command that is causing problems without the guard phrase then change the command wording to make it more reliable...

16.) Voice Command “Turn On HDR” & “Turn Off HDR”

Sounds good, but I doubt many people will use it; this should be done automatically if needed, and it shouldn't be needed for accident recording.

The only time I might use that is if I want to switch from accident recording mode to road movie mode, but that is not just about HDR, so it is the wrong command.

17.) Voice Notification “GPS Signal Connected” & “GPS Signal Disconnected”

How many people want that, I imagine most people hearing it for the first, or hundredth time, will request that it be removed again!
Yes, I know there are one or two people who do want it, but I think it is a very small number and most people would prefer piece.

18.) Optional 1 Meter Cable For Rear Camera

Yes, although I think you can buy a standard USB 3 Type-C cable for this camera?

19.) Included 50cm Type-C to Type-C Data Transfer Cable

USB 2.0 presumably?

I think most people use the wifi these days, so I don't think increasing the price of the camera by including this cable is worth while. Many people already have a USB-C data cable, and for easy access to the camera, I might want a 1.5 meter cable, so this would be a cost increase, which is of zero value to probably most people.

20.) Included Viofo Brand SD Card (64GB)

No, it is only required by some people, and they can purchase it with the camera as a separate item, choosing the size/cost they want.

Improved reliability of writing to other SD cars would be good, but I hope there are better ways to improve the situation than including specifically a 64GB Viofo card.

21.) Included HK4 Hardwire Kit

People upgrading do not need it, maybe!
People with hire cars do not want it.

22.) Box Version (BlackVue DR970X-2CH Box Plus)

How many people would buy this over the standard version?
My estimate is quite low, even though there are good arguments for it being a better design...

23.)
No Cloud, - Need some cloud features in the app, even if no 4G.
Radar, - Yes.
ADAS, - Mostly useless or worse than useless, but I'll have the few nice features.
Geo-Fence - Yes, although it is less necessary if we have the previous radar,
Smart AI, - What is that?
H.265, - No, but I will have AV1 ASAP.
Speed & Red Light Camera Alerts, - No, better done by the phone, especially if there is no 4G installed in the dashcam.
Proprietary Software Viewer, - We have the Viofo app. which views the video and displays the GPS map. Would be nice if it ran on computer too, but that is not necessary.

Why do you want to turn HDR off on the interior camera?
My request for individual HDR settings for all cameras is based on installation flexibility, and to provide the consumer freedom of choice just like the Vantrue S1 Pro.

1.) S1 Pro .png
2.) Front & Rear .png

Personally I would like the 4K text larger, the 2K seems about right.
I don't know of any good reason why it can't be made larger, as requested, certainly it not fitting is not a valid reason.
Correctomundo.

1.) Discontinue 3-CH Configuration

If it sells then they will continue with it, and it does appear to be selling, but even if you don't want an interior camera, you do want a telephoto, so maybe your argument should be over the need for 4 channel configurations...
My argument for discontinuing 3-CH, and returning to 2-CH is based on “overwhelming” the 2-CH design platform (too many fingers in pies).
Adding too many features at the cost of reduced Bitrate / durability / reliability, and increasing heat production / system complexity / points of failure / recording malfunctions.
4.) 60fps Option Both Channels (upgraded processors required)

60fps front must be on the way, we have had 4K 60fps in action cameras and phones for ages. I don't know about 60fps for remote cameras, I suspect that might take longer, especially since 60fps is not necessary for accident cameras.
I agree with you 100%.
60fps is not needed for accident documentation.
My request for 60fps is simply to “force” more powerful / robust / efficient processors.
60fps is an optional setting.
Operating the camera in 30fps the consumer still benefits from increased durability / reliability / heat dissipation.
Similar to amplifier headroom, or being “underdriven”.

5.) Revert Coax Cable For Rear & IR Cameras

I think we are driven by technology and cost, Viofo try to bring us performance and great value, so if you want coax you may need to turn to those premium brands that cost more and don't have HDR!
My request to return Coax from the original A229 Duo is based on the mismash of (Type-C to Type-C Rear), and (Type-C to 3.5mmTRRS IR Interior.
All remote/slave cameras should use the same connection to promote modularity, and installation flexibility, (swapping cables between cameras).
I don’t necessarily want Coax, I just want all remote/slave cameras to use the same connection.

7.) “Narrow” Lens From A119 Mini (2022) 93° Horizontal FOV (current FOV is 112°)

It would be interesting to have a choice of narrow or wide lens A229 Plus/Pro, let people choose... which would they choose?
Correct.
We were given two different models of the A129 Plus, (Standard & EMMC).
Why not two different models of the A229 Pro, (93° & 112°)
Just like the Viofo/GitUp F1 4K (90° & 130° & 160°)

3.) Pick A Card Any Card .png
8.) 225° Front Camera Adjustment (ability to show passenger compartment)

I can't see many people using that, if they want to record the passenger compartment they will use a cabin camera, then you don't miss important events in front of the car while you have the front camera pointing the wrong way!
My request to increase front camera adjustability is based on increasing installation flexibility just like the 300° adjustment of the A139 Pro.

4.) She Goes Both Ways .png
9.) 180° IR Camera Swivel Mount (ability to show driver or passenger window)

Yes, as an optional accessory for the standard cabin camera?
Not an optional accessory, (built-in the IR Interior camera mount).

14.) Support 1TB SD Card

I wouldn't turn it down, but how am I going to use my new 2024 $500 micro SD card?
My request for 1TB SD Card support is based on I saw another dash cam with this capability.
A229 Pro 2-CH Rear, Max Bitrate, Viofo Brand 512GB card is “only” 13 Hours normal recording time.

5.) 13 Hours 2-CH Rear .jpg
6.) 474GB Free Space 2-CH Rear .jpg
15.) “OK Viofo” Guard Phrase (for voice commands)

No, I like it like it is.

If there is a command that is causing problems without the guard phrase then change the command wording to make it more reliable

17.) Voice Notification “GPS Signal Connected” & “GPS Signal Disconnected”

How many people want that, I imagine most people hearing it for the first, or hundredth time, will request that it be removed again!
Yes, I know there are one or two people who do want it, but I think it is a very small number and most people would prefer piece.
For every voice notification, can there not be a setting to enable/disable it?

19.) Included 50cm Type-C to Type-C Data Transfer Cable

USB 2.0 presumably?

I think most people use the wifi these days, so I don't think increasing the price of the camera by including this cable is worth while. Many people already have a USB-C data cable, and for easy access to the camera, I might want a 1.5 meter cable, so this would be a cost increase, which is of zero value to probably most people.
Bill informed us the current included Type-A to Type-C Data Cable will most likely be replaced with a Type-C to Type-C unit at no additional cost to accommodate the new OTA Firmware Updates, and Download protocol.
My request was to simply document it.

22.) Box Version (BlackVue DR970X-2CH Box Plus)

How many people would buy this over the standard version?
My estimate is quite low, even though there are good arguments for it being a better design
My request is based on consumer outcry / feedback, (maybe the box unit will be a completely different model).
Viofo B229 Pro
23.)
No Cloud, - Need some cloud features in the app, even if no 4G.
Radar, - Yes.
ADAS, - Mostly useless or worse than useless, but I'll have the few nice features.
Geo-Fence - Yes, although it is less necessary if we have the previous radar,
Smart AI, - What is that?
H.265, - No, but I will have AV1 ASAP.
Speed & Red Light Camera Alerts, - No, better done by the phone, especially if there is no 4G installed in the dashcam.
Proprietary Software Viewer, - We have the Viofo app. which views the video and displays the GPS map. Would be nice if it ran on computer too, but that is not necessary.
No.
No.
No.
No.
No.
No, H.264 until 2034
No
I was referring to the proprietary software viewers from FineVu & GNET (JDR File System).
No.

Last edited:
The HDR on the rear camera does not need to be turned off and the stamp there is not necessary, otherwise it will cause confusion, but the size of the stamp needs to be reduced, the resolution is 2K, but the stamp is like 1080P!!
But the bitrate of the rear camera needs to be increased!!
According to HDR, its operation can be controlled via a bluetooth button, this is the only way I drove the 139, it’s just super convenient, but the auto HDR function needs to be removed, it’s extremely inconvenient to use!
And the most important thing in HDR (229PRO, 139PRO) is that when switching modes, there should not be a pause of > 4 seconds, everything should be on the fly, like 139!!

The HDR on the rear camera does not need to be turned off and the stamp there is not necessary, otherwise it will cause confusion, but the size of the stamp needs to be reduced, the resolution is 2K, but the stamp is like 1080P!!
But the bitrate of the rear camera needs to be increased!!
According to HDR, its operation can be controlled via a bluetooth button, this is the only way I drove the 139, it’s just super convenient, but the auto HDR function needs to be removed, it’s extremely inconvenient to use!
And the most important thing in HDR (229PRO, 139PRO) is that when switching modes, there should not be a pause of > 4 seconds, everything should be on the fly, like 139!!
Please submit your improvement requests directly to Viofo to have them documented;

Also year of the horse here.
Not married, please not send girl as i am too old to keep up.
Would like to hire housekeeper / maid, but do not have the funds for such endeavours. :cry:
Today i am actually clean up myself, mind you the stuff i do should have been done months ago ( throw out old cardboard packaging boxed collected in 1 big box, and broken furniture )

My request for individual HDR settings for all cameras is based on installation flexibility, and to provide the consumer freedom of choice just like the Vantrue S1 Pro.
Complete freedom may sound a great idea, but it almost always comes with consequences!

I think if you want that level of setup then we need an "Advanced Setup" for your use, a "Standard Setup" for normal people, and a "Basic Setup" for people who "just want it to work".

However, having individual HDR settings for each camera is going a bit far even for Advanced Setup, it requires the person configuring the camera understands which setting is best for each camera, and currently that means different settings for each, and even then you do not have full control because the HDR configuration for each camera is not simply On/Off, the internal camera needs to be configured to work with a dark interior illuminated through darkened glass and simultaneously a bright exterior directly lit by sunshine, with the possibility of the side windows being down and thus no darkened glass, while the front camera needs its HDR set up to always be behind glass, but not so darkened as the rear and no dark interior in sight.

I do not see any reason why any well informed person would want to turn the interior camera HDR Off.
I don't think anyone ever needs to turn off the rear camera HDR.
The front camera HDR shouldn't need turning off either, for accident camera use, but currently some people do want to do so, and some people may want to for movie making.

I think the HDR stamp could be removed off all cameras.

It is sort of useful on the front camera if HDR is on Auto, but really it is a diagnostic stamp, only needed by the developers, and of some interest to reviewers.

To the customer it is not even correct, these are not 10 bit Rec. 2020 colour space videos even when labeled HDR!

60fps is not needed for accident documentation.
My request for 60fps is simply to “force” more powerful / robust / efficient processors.
60fps is an optional setting.
Operating the camera in 30fps the consumer still benefits from increased durability / reliability / heat dissipation.
Similar to amplifier headroom, or being “underdriven”.
I am not sure that is a valid argument, I think Viofo already ensures that the cameras are sufficiently under-driven, in most circumstances.

If you want increased durability then ask for increased durability, although I don't think we know what the current durability is, so it is hard to specify what % improvement we want!

Some people do want increased heat tolerance, but again, ask for increased heat tolerance.

60fps is a different request, and most people want it for other reasons, normally because it will half the amount of motion blur in the image, thus giving dramatically better image quality and double the number of license plates that are readable. This is not correct, but that is their reason. Some people want it because they want their videos to play more smoothly, which is a very valid reason. A very small number of people drive on race tracks, where 60fps could actually be considered necessary.

I don’t necessarily want Coax, I just want all remote/slave cameras to use the same connection.
This is the problem with leading the way with the best new technology in a field which is developing rapidly, but hopefully the new USB-C video cables have become the new established standard to replace analogue video, and the current remote cameras will remain compatible with several new generations of main camera. The thin coax cables were nice for installation, but I think not competitive on price.

Why not two different models of the A229 Pro, (93° & 112°)
My guess is that nearly everybody would buy the same one, but it would be interesting to see!

Not an optional accessory, (built-in the IR Interior camera mount).
If you build a swivel or ball joint into the interior camera mount then it will not be a nice slim camera that looks good sitting on, or under, the rear view mirror, instead it will start to block people's views. It needs to be an additional piece of mount that the standard camera sticks to.

For every voice notification, can there not be a setting to enable/disable it?
No, not unless we add an "advanced setup".

No.
No.
No.
No.
No.
No, H.264 until 2034
No

You want to stay with H264 video?
Why not go back to SD analogue video!
AV1 is the future, and it will be here long before 2034!

On the radar, did you actually mean "No I don't want it."?
I know one of the rather expensive competitors (Thinkware U3000) has had a huge number of reliability issues with their radar, but that doesn't mean that radar is bad and unreliable!

I do not see any reason why any well informed person would want to turn the interior camera HDR Off.
I don't think anyone ever needs to turn off the rear camera HDR.
The front camera HDR shouldn't need turning off either, for accident camera use, but currently some people do want to do so, and some people may want to for movie making.
Perhaps I am an ill-informed person, but I want the HDR of the internal camera to turn on and off automatically, like on the main camera. Because I want to shoot with an internal camera what is happening in front of the car.
I also need the HDR of the rear camera to turn on and off automatically, like on the main camera. Because I want to shoot with the rear camera what is happening in front of the car.
HDR on the front camera can be configured and turns on and off automatically based on time. During the day, I don’t need HDR turned on on any of the cameras. Because it interferes with reading oncoming car license plates during daylight hours. And I want all three cameras to be glued to the windshield of my car and film what is happening in front of my car.
Not all users need interior and rear cameras, and everyone has the right to use the three-channel model at full capacity at their discretion.

Here is an example of the readability of license plates with HDR turned on and with it turned off.

Also year of the horse here.
Not married, please not send girl
OMG Brian.
I’m laughing out load over here. LMAO!
You crack me up.
Lai see is not a girl’s name, (it’s 10x better). lol
Lai see is a red envelope filled with cash money given at Chinese New Year by;
Married to unmarried family members
Parents to children
Elders to extended family members
Senior to junior staff
Of all the members on DCT, you are the one I wish I could hang out with over a beer.
I could listen to you talk for hours.
You remind me of A Man Called Ove (2015)

I think if you want that level of setup then we need an "Advanced Setup" for your use, a "Standard Setup" for normal people, and a "Basic Setup" for people who "just want it to work".

However, having individual HDR settings for each camera is going a bit far even for Advanced Setup, it requires the person configuring the camera understands which setting is best for each camera,
I understand your argument of making it “easy” for “dumb” consumers. Lol
Yes, I’m all for that.
Just because Viofo calls them “Rear” & “IR Interior” doesn’t mean they can’t be used in other locations / applications.
Calling them “remote” or “slave” cameras would be more accurate because they will be mounted “remotely” from the “main” camera, and are “controlled” by the “main” camera.
But calling them Rear & IR Interior makes it “easy” for “dumb” consumers during the advertising / marketing process.
My request for individual HDR settings for all cameras is based on adding even more “value for money” because it provides greater installation flexibility.
If Vantrue can do it for the S1 Pro, surely Viofo can do it better. Lol

Anything you can do I can do better. lol .png

I am not sure that is a valid argument
OK, let me try a new argument.
My request for an “optional” 60fps setting on all cameras is based on it will sell like bloody hotcakes. Lol
All those misinformed consumers who think 60fps is the end all be all for license plate capture will flock to the brand and say “take my money”.
When they actually find out by reviewing their own footage 60fps does not increase license plate readability on a dash cam they will keep quiet, and not protest, because it means they will have to admit they were wrong. Lol

The thin coax cables were nice for installation, but I think not competitive on price.
I absolutely hate the slim coax connectors on the A139 Pro, (the connections are too small, and not secure).
If I even look at the connector at the remote camera the main unit will announce “2-channel recording” when in 3-ch configuration. Lol
The coax connections on the original A229 Duo are a completely different story, the connectors are much beefier, and more secure, never had a dropped channel announcement in the above described situation.

My guess is that nearly everybody would buy the same one, but it would be interesting to see!
I just realized I have a production 1st batch & 2nd batch A119 Mini 2.
1st batch: 99° Horizontal FOV “Original Lens” May 2023 - July 2023
2nd batch: 114° Horizontal FOV “Updated Lens” July 2023 - Current
I could film simultaneous side by side test footage to show what a “huge" difference it makes on license plate readability.
But I have a feeling it will be a waste of time because it will fall on deaf ears.

1st Batch Original Lens .png
2nd Batch Upgraded Lens .png

I know one of the rather expensive competitors (Thinkware U3000) has had a huge number of reliability issues with their radar, but that doesn't mean that radar is bad and unreliable!

Last edited:
Ove that is actually the name of my father.
Okay i am familiar with red envelopes, also do not want those even if lord knows i could use more money for toys, i also think in China today those are mainly used with kids.

Saw a 2 part Doku on a silk road fortress yesterday, or the Jade road as the Chinese would probably have called it CUZ a lot of Jade came in from the west.
The doku is called Dunhuang: Ancient Frontier Fortress and is from 2020

Last edited:
I think the HDR stamp could be removed off all cameras.

It is sort of useful on the front camera if HDR is on Auto, but really it is a diagnostic stamp, only needed by the developers, and of some interest to reviewers.

To the customer it is not even correct, these are not 10 bit Rec. 2020 colour space videos even when labeled HDR!
I can't agree with you, Nigel.
I may say that much less valuable info in stamp now is GPS coordinates - because nobody can't in own mind convert geo coords to geo location (country/city/street name) without some software or web service. And this coordinates also is stored additionally in MP4 tags inside each video file.

But HDR enabled/disabled state is not stored nowhere except stamp. And then someone post one of blurred license plate video/frame shot you may only assume that in was due HDR is ON at this moment. But you probably may be not right in your assumption. So I voted for HDR stamp info for all of cameras depend on current state. And also support @vvs49 in part that HDR should turn ON/OFF without delays and without stop rec current file and start record a new file.

I'll be really happy if I may get additional info for each video frame like other video parameters but I may only assume that it was (exposition time, ISO value, etc...) - that's all helps understand that was incorrect in internal algorithms at different conditions so we are able to help Viofo to fix it and improve video quality. I won't assume additionally about current HDR state. May be then HDR be work at any light conditions amazing like a charm I'll change my opinion but not now.

I can't agree with you, Nigel.
I may say that much less valuable info in stamp now is GPS coordinates - because nobody can't in own mind convert geo coords to geo location (country/city/street name) without some software or web service. And this coordinates also is stored additionally in MP4 tags inside each video file.

But HDR enabled/disabled state is not stored nowhere except stamp. And then someone post one of blurred license plate video/frame shot you may only assume that in was due HDR is ON at this moment. But you probably may be not right in your assumption. So I voted for HDR stamp info for all of cameras depend on current state. And also support @vvs49 in part that HDR should turn ON/OFF without delays and without stop rec current file and start record a new file.

I'll be really happy if I may get additional info for each video frame like other video parameters but I may only assume that it was (exposition time, ISO value, etc...) - that's all helps understand that was incorrect in internal algorithms at different conditions so we are able to help Viofo to fix it and improve video quality. I won't assume additionally about current HDR state. May be then HDR be work at any light conditions amazing like a charm I'll change my opinion but not now.
Yeah, you tell ‘em Dex. lol
Since we’re beating a dead horse with text overlay.
What I really want is the option to choose the text overlay be displayed at the top, or bottom of the recorded footage.
Also different color choices to make the text more legible.
The GNET G-ON2 I tested has a nice scheme, (yellow text on a black bar).
But, I’ve given up hope on these because I’ve been asking for years, and apparently it’s just “too hard” for Viofo to get done.
And BTW, every new Viofo camera I’ve tested since the A119 Mini (June 2022)
Has had a completely different text overlay format.
I made a comment one time the text overlays are programed from scratch by a different person, for every different camera, and Viofo actually liked the comment. Lol
Why can’t we have a single “modular” text overlay format that is identical on every camera.
It’s like every camera is a one-off specialty. Lol

1 .png
2 .png
3 .png

Back