AlexViofo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Parking mode: Auto event detection
Parking motion detection: Low sensitivity
Firmware: V1.0_231107

No movements outside.
Camera in parking mode records continuously.
What is the problem?

Screenshot 2023-11-09 134058.jpg

That is not a published FW release, so you must have been sent this by VIOFO? You should email a support ticket to them or at least bring to the
attention of VIOFO with the @VIOFO-Support notifier.

VIOFO Support Ticket

I contacted with support many times. They cannot find a solution to this problem.

Ouch! Well, I would increase the sensitivity a notch and see if constant recording continues.

Do you have Time Lapse Recording enabled? Any audio on those recordings?

Ouch! Well, I would increase the sensitivity a notch and see if constant recording continues.

Do you have Time Lapse Recording enabled? Any audio on those recordings?
Time lapse recording it is different mode. What are you talking about? Read my post again.

Time lapse recording it is different mode. What are you talking about? Read my post again.

What happened to 2 of your other replies.

Maybe you can try to unplug the rear cam, to confirm if it is the front or the rear cam detected the motion.

If you have the same camera, just try the same mode and then publish the result.

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked with our support team, they told me there is a complaint about the keep recording in parking mode, I am not sure if it is the same as posted here.

If the car is parked under traffic lights and HDR enabled, there will be a light flicking, it is normal with HDR enabled, but this may cause the dashcam to consider a continuous motion.

We suggest disabling HDR to confirm if the light flicking causes this.

When HDR is active in motion-detection parking mode, flickering and fluctuations are included in the image due to the frequency change of the surrounding LED lights.

In addition to the above event having an effect on automatic detection, if there is a variable bit value, this may also have an effect. this is a tingle or working in a grainy area etc. When it happens, it can be perceived as movement.

Additionally, even if it is on a flat wall, if there is a grainy image, it may be perceived as movement.

Recordings in parking mode should not have HDR and should record with a fixed bit value.

Back