A229 Pro, when?

I found as I've gotten older I've stopped being so excited by tech coming, and checking the tracking numbers every single day to just checking once or twice or not at all. And then being excited when I get the SMS notification saying my package is out for delivery / pick up from locker haha

Same here, I will patiently wait for the package. When I was 25, I would be checking that tracking everyday also, but at my age, I just sit back and wait. :)

I have a friend, not a young guy either, who gets so bent out of shape waiting for new stuff he's ordered to show up that he's like a junkie jonesing for a fix. He finally calms down after the package arrived and he's "unboxed".
As long as the tech passion doesn't turn into a sexual fetish, then it's all good...

It is now, Monday, 9:14 p.m. in Hong Kong and 17Track data indicates waiting to be picked up by shipper. DHL states they have received the shipping notice.
It normally takes a few days to get from Viofo to DHL in Hong Kong, that journey uses other transport, and given the holidays may take quite a few days. Once it arrives at DHL it will speed up, and once through customs in HK it will arrive with me on the other side of the world next day.

Patience is needed :cool:

Yeah, I guess I will have to cancel my order. I based my plans off the item shipping when VIOFO said it would in the product listing. I am going on a road trip for a month starting on the 16th. That would of given two weeks for it to arrive and get it installed which I thought was safe. With it not shipping until at least next week there is little chance it will arrive before I leave now.

Not sure why people are giving snarky comments about expecting next day delivery. I think it is perfectly valid to be frustrated my order was not fulfilled within the time frame given by the vendor. It is not a case where it was marked as shipped, but still waiting on pickup. It still shows as not fulfilled.

I have a friend, not a young guy either, who gets so bent out of shape waiting for new stuff he's ordered to show up that he's like a junkie jonesing for a fix.
That to the letter describe my friend, absolutely no patience, and not just with the mailman.
For instance he got a HUGE RC model of USS Missouri back in the day, but the super structure for it he just raced thru making, so it was never truly the AWESOME RC boat it could have been.

Some times i wonder why we are friends, there are a LOT of things we are absolutely not alike on or disagree on.

Yeah, I guess I will have to cancel my order. I based my plans off the item shipping when VIOFO said it would in the product listing. I am going on a road trip for a month starting on the 16th. That would of given two weeks for it to arrive and get it installed which I thought was safe. With it not shipping until at least next week there is little chance it will arrive before I leave now.

Not sure why people are giving snarky comments about expecting next day delivery. I think it is perfectly valid to be frustrated my order was not fulfilled within the time frame given by the vendor. It is not a case where it was marked as shipped, but still waiting on pickup. It still shows as not fulfilled.
I'm still waiting on mine too and ordered on the 26th before the cut off and no tracking yet. I know they are on holiday and probability have a delay on production, and I'm ok for now.

That to the letter describe my friend, absolutely no patience, and not just with the mailman.

I think it's a certain personality type. I have a cousin who at one time was a hard core heroin addict and alcoholic but he beat those addictions decades ago and went on to live a productive life, got married, raised a lovely daughter and has a lucrative career. But every time I see him I feel like I'm hanging out with a junkie who is desperate to get his fix, whatever it happens to be on any given day.

I do know what it feels like to be excited and craving for some new gadget I've ordered to finally arrive but somehow I've learned to be more patient as I've gotten older. I still remember what it was like back in the day before we could track packages practically up to the moment. I think it was harder back then because the whereabouts and timing of arrival was a total mystery until it actually showed up at your door.

jimmysnake.jpg

Fully understood, I have been in the same boat several times in the past. Needed something by a deadline and the vendor failed to ship, thus I canceled the order. It was nothing personal with the vendors but the ordered product would have arrived past the time it was needed.

I canceled an order with VIOFO on a release last year, they were good to deal with and promptly refunded the money back to my CC. Perhaps once your trip is finished you can reconsider the A229 Pro.

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend returned a broken air rifle and got his money back, like 4-5 weeks ago.
Then last week the shop called and said his rifle was ready for pickup after repair, so he went and got a free air rifle.

He did the same years ago with a motherboard, but that was more legit reason as it was on that particular 9 - 11 date and everyone in the shop was thrown off by events going on TV right now, but a few weeks later he got a #2 motherboard.
We sold the motherboard, CUZ we found out that the RAM he got did not work with that brand / model so got another one in the mean time. ( from the same shop of course )

Hello, I am French and I am very interested in this topic. I ordered an A229 Pro and the shipment took place with a carrier unknown to me, it's called FedEx, do you know? I don't think this carrier is really known in France.
Does the sending data seem normal to you?
Thx you very much and sorry for my english and google trad ...

Hello, I am French and I am very interested in this topic. I ordered an A229 Pro and the shipment took place with a carrier unknown to me, it's called FedEx, do you know? I don't think this carrier is really known in France.
Does the sending data seem normal to you?
Thx you very much and sorry for my english and google trad ...
FedEx is a big American company that is also in the EU.

Thx very much, it's good company? My previous post does not pose any problem regarding tracking?

Yes, Fed EX is a good, reliable company, you should have no troubles with them at all. You may be required to sign for the package so use the tracking and try
to be home when they attempt the delivery.

When I ship or receive, I try to use Fed EX as much as possible. For me, they have never lost or damaged a package.

Salut Rootard, welcome to the forum.

Fedex is a well know company, one of the bigger ones in logistics / shipping industry.

Back