A229 Pro, when?

BTW does A229 have 60fps already? Cannot find any info about it. Viofo page mentions 30fps at full res only. I'm about to buy new cam so considering A229
Not yet. The A229 Duo is equipped with the following resolution options:

Screenshot_2023-05-03-16-10-12-43_b44697dfe3327e3faf27ce71b3167e4a.jpg

Is there any update/news on this A229 Pro?

Ahh, worth checking again in a few weeks time then...
Oh, thanks for reminding. :cool:
For me will be more favourite the A229 Pro compared to A139 Pro and I hope the price of A229 Pro to be lower than A139 Pro because the A229 is cheaper compared to A139. Will be very interesting to see the 3CH version of A229 Pro. :borg:

and I hope the price of A229 Pro to be lower than A139 Pro
But the A229 Pro will be far more advanced, it can't be lower price and have higher resolution, higher framerate, higher bitrate, longer recording times... or maybe I have the spec wrong? :unsure:

Then it should be called A239 Pro.. :unsure:
... or maybe Mtz has the spec wrong, yes that would be an A239 :D

I'd love to test it @viofo ;)

There is a small batch will be prepared in August, so we can offer some samples to DCT members for early testing.

The A229 Pro 2CH is a 4K 30fps + 2K 30fps dashcam, both front and rear support HDR and use STARVIS 2 sensor, and up to 3 channels option.

BTW There is also a A229 Plus 2CH which support 2K + 2K.

The A229 Pro 2CH is a 4K 30fps + 2K 30fps dashcam, both front and rear support HDR and use STARVIS 2 sensor, and up to 3 channels option.
It looks like we just got confirmation of a new model @DashCamMan
Can we get a new thread category for the A229 Pro Duo / Trio?

It looks like we just got confirmation of a new model @DashCamMan
Can we get a new thread category for the A229 Pro Duo / Trio?
Maybe it is too early. We do have another newly designed dashcam release.
I will ask Dashcamman for help to create the thread.

Maybe it is too early. We do have another newly designed dashcam release.
I will ask Dashcamman for help to create the thread.
OK.
Since you spilled the beans I thought you were ready to go public. lol

sounds interesting ;)

There is a small batch will be prepared in August, so we can offer some samples to DCT members for early testing.

Is there any way we can enroll to get the sample for testing?

Since I am using the A229 Duo already.

Last edited:
Really glad to see this spec. Both starvis2 HDR sensors - it is all my wishes about A229 Pro that we talked about with Bill and I happy for respect our user feedback. If you also have CPL filter for reat cam it will be one of my best cam.

There is a small batch will be prepared in August, so we can offer some samples to DCT members
Be wait this time.

Last edited:
OK.
Since you spilled the beans I thought you were ready to go public. lol

I know.... ;)

Or at least I have had a communication referring to this new release....

Viofo will inform us all in time though.

Back