A229 Pro, when?

Wow rear Starvis 2 sounds great.

The A229 Pro 2CH is a 4K 30fps + 2K 30fps dashcam, both front and rear support HDR and use STARVIS 2 sensor, and up to 3 channels option.

BTW There is also a A229 Plus 2CH which support 2K + 2K.
Theme A229 Pro already exists. Probably you need A229 Plus nearby ... :unsure:

If you also have CPL filter for reat cam it will be one of my best cam.
Do you have reflexions on your rear car window?
I don't see a reason for CPL on rear, will be almost 0% chances to have CPL on rear on future A229 versions.

I don't see a reason for CPL on rear,
So that you can see through the reflections on the windscreen of the car behind, and record the driver illegally using their phone.
With Starvis 2 the sensors are sensitive enough that adding a CPL isn't a problem for exposure, and with 2K rear there is enough resolution to identify the driver.

I don't see a reason for CPL on rear, will be almost 0% chances to have CPL on rear on future A229 versions.

Some people on the forum have reported camera reflections in their rear window from their rear deck, especially ones that are lighter in color. A few people have even been using commercial or home made rear dash mats. There can definitely be a reason to have a rear CPL. I use a rear CPL to see drivers and passengers of cars behind me through their windshield as Nigel mentioned.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Black+Rear+Deck+Covers&rh=n:10294367011&ref=nb_sb_noss

Last edited:
I do have headlight reflections on my rear widow, from oncoming cars as my glass are almost flat and vertical.
But the reason i prefer to also use a CPL in the rear is sky reflections in windscreens of cars back there.

So that you can see through the reflections on the windscreen of the car behind, and record the driver illegally using their phone.

I use a rear CPL to see drivers and passengers of car behind me through their windshield as Nigel mentioned.
Exactly. Without a CPL on the rear camera the windshield/windscreen would be nothing but a reflection of the sky.

RearCam.jpg

And for an 'entertaining' video...

Last edited:
CPL is needed for the rear camera, but not for everyone. :unsure:

This is why we need an optional CPL Filter on the A229 REAR camera.
These two clips were filmed simultaneously.
First is the A229 Rear.
Second is the original A119 Mini with CPL next to the A229 Rear camera.

I made a customized CPL for the rear cam, how do you think?
I guess that will work for a permanent solution.
But, how is the consumer supposed to take it off, and put it back on.
Can you make something similar to the BlackVue design?
See attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-19 9.34.07 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-19 9.34.07 PM.png
    162.5 KB · Views: 13
Yes, really much reflections on parking time then sunlight is behind my car. Can't read plates numbers and can't identify people faces that walking behind my car on parking.
I need CPL for rear cam and tells about with Bill Zoe few times.

I made a customized CPL for the rear cam, how do you think?
View attachment 66445
I've used a similar "CPL" cut from a linearly polarised plastic sheet for years, has worked perfectly, and neat enough. No need for it to be Circularly Polarised.
No need to ever take it off!
Especially with Starvis 2.
Depending on how sticky the glue is, it may come off fairly easily, but if it is plastic then more likely it will get a little damaged, if it is glass then it will be fine.

@DT MI
It's a pity that you didn't have a "HAL" computer in the rear window to record all the goings-on in the red SUV.
You could've had "HAL" relay exactly what she was talking about that was so important.

Mobile phone use in your vehicle in Oz is totally illegal here. Would've been booked & fined at least $250.00 AUD & lost 3 points off her license.

Interesting video.

Thanks.

My RAV4 sometimes has reflections on the rear window depending on the colors of items I have in the back.
I use CPL on both front and rear of my A129 Plus Duo.

Velcro instead of glue.

Velcro instead of glue.

Appears to be 3M dual lock tape, so even better than Velcro.

Appears to be 3M dual lock tape, so even better than Velcro.
Nope, it was Velcro - see the picture of the camera lens.

This was, if I remember correctly, my first dash cam related DIY. The camera was a Spy Tech A118-C back in early summer of 2015. That particular camera was lacking in low light capability so filter removal for night driving was pretty much a must.

Surprisingly this polarizing filter method work very well for me until camera manufacturers began providing them and it became easier (and esthetically better, but not cheaper) than a DIY solution.

Back