A229 Pro, when?

It has a screen, and most other features of the current A229.
Does it still have the External Mic Jack?
That is one of my favorite features. lol

And does it do true 30fps with "ALL CHANNELS" in operation?

Only time will tell Chuck....

Paul.

Jack connectors are a bit outdated aren't they?
iPhones haven't had them for a while, GoPros lost them long ago, with the Hero 3!
As Paul said, time will reveal all the peripherals that can be plugged in, there have been some changes...

How am I supposed to connect my Viofo external microphone to get good audio?
I want my MTV. lol
3.5mm jack connectors for microphones go back even before MTV, to the Sony Walkman in 1979!
And "
I want my MTV.
"
goes almost as far back, to when computer animations struggled to reach 10fps, although they were rather good:

I have a couple of Sony walkmen, and even a Aiwa that was even more snazzy, also had a Sony diskman.
With that and me doing car audio for a while, i have no idea why it is my eyes that is going bad the fastest.

I tested the Viofo external MIX with the A139 and TBH i dident find it much better than the build in MIC in the camera, but of course everything aside for politicians are up for improvement.

3.5mm jack connectors for microphones go back even before MTV, to the Sony Walkman in 1979!
And "

"
goes almost as far back, to when computer animations struggled to reach 10fps, although they were rather good:

"Phone plugs" have an interesting history dating back to the late 19th century as plugs for telephone switchboards. So these were the original microphone and audio plugs.

3.5mm phone plugs date back to the 1950s when they were used in transistor radio earphones and then in the 1970s for microphones. Later they were used for video connections.

I tested the Viofo external MIX with the A139 and TBH i dident find it much better than the build in MIC
It makes a big difference on the A139 Pro & A229.

And does it do true 30fps with "ALL CHANNELS" in operation?
It seems not many users need the external MIC feature.
Now this port is used for interior cam plug-in.

All channels are 30fps.

It seems not many users need the external MIC feature.
I agree this feature is underutilized, but I really, really liked it.
I hope you kept the same internal Microphone as the original A229 because that is the best sounding (built-in) microphone of any dash cam I’ve ever tested.

All channels are 30fps.
How did you achieve 30fps on all 3-channels with 4K (3840 x 2160) on the front camera?
The A139 Pro can only do 24fps in 3-Channel configuration 4K (3840 x 2160) front.
Did you upgrade the processor?
Did you upgrade the heatsink for better heat dissipation?
Did you lower the Bitrate?
All three?

Oh yeah, did you upgrade the LCD Screen to prevent “freezing” when overheated like this?

A229 Duo.png

My problem with the A229 Duo screen was when it would get exposed to some heat while in parking mode. One or more sections of the screen would go blank. I hope the new models have a screen that handles the heat better or the the dash camera runs cooler to avoid the issue.

1693287797702.png

Did you upgrade the processor?
Did you upgrade the heatsink for better heat dissipation?
Did you lower the Bitrate?
All three?
I certainly hope it doesn't come to all three!
I want more bitrate, not less! A139 Pro only manages 60Mb/s on single channel.
As for the heat, I was hoping the upgraded processor would produce less heat, but it is going to be doing rather a lot of work with 3 channels, including 2K from the rear in a case designed for 2 channels!

I agree this feature is underutilized, but I really, really liked it.
Maybe the internal camera can have a built in microphone that can do the same job?

For multi-purpose use, 3.5 mm jack should be used. It can be used as a built-in camera connection, microphone input and "AV" output. users use whatever they need. so that those who use 2 or a single camera should be able to use the jack input for another purpose.

A229 Pro is a 4K +2K + 1080p 3 channels dash cam, time will tell if it is stable.
Does it have fixed / constant Bitrate like the A139 Pro?
Or variable / dynamic Bitrate like the A119 Mini 2?
I prefer the fixed / constant Bitrate.

Does it use the same coax cables as the original A229 Duo?
Sorry I have so many questions, but I'm excited to see all the improvements over the original A229 Duo I've been using for the past year.

Back