A800 Parking surveillance, GPS and ADAS not working

Kevin613

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
My A800 with rear cam running FW 1.0.6ww is not able to get any GPS data, and ADAS is not working despite successfully calibrated(voice prompt and indicator on screen shows a tick on ADAS icon). I've connected my unit using hardwire kit, My A800 unit will power up normally when i start my engine and my will prompt "entering parking mode after 5 minute" after i off my engine, so i assumed the hardwire kit is working as expected. I enabled GPS/ADAS/Parking surveillance in the settings, and also checked via app that these are indeed enabled.
Video recording is working as expected, however the speed and GPS location will just show -- -- -- -- in all the footage.
I did not get any ADAS warning at all throughout my 1 hour drive, regardless of what i do.
Parking surveillance is also not working, i tried to manually simulate impact after the camera entered parking mode, the indicator light up RED for few seconds, then died completely.
After i restart the car and check the camera, there is no parking mode footage at all.

I've checked the GPSData000001.txt in my microSD and it is completely blank.
Have tried doing factory reset, format card and both are still not working.
Been driving for 2-3 hours after i had the camera installed.

Is my unit faulty? anyone else encountered this?

I think GPS module on A800 worked but its really not good. In my car, with windshield film, I never seen GPS work. But when bring it to outside, that worked.

Some modern types of windscreen can indeed be problematic if you put a GPS antenna on them, you can verify GPS antenna functioning by holding it outside the car like imha have done.
Maybe you can get it to work by installing GPS antenna on side window ( that are fixed glass that do not go up / down )

ADAS and those things never work good in dashcams many turn it off when they get tired of listening to a beeping dashcam all the time, personally i would disable it even if it was build into my car ( if i could ) or i would buy a older car that dont have stupid stuff.

Parking guard not working could be wrong installed hard wire kit, it can be hard to find a good fuse to use in modern cars, lost of "smart" going on with the electrical system in a car too.
Putting a dashcam in my friends car too me a couple of hours and it should have been a 30 - 45 minute job, but the Mercedes smart electrics was playing tricks on me. ( and that was just 2 wires not for parking mode )

Some modern types of windscreen can indeed be problematic if you put a GPS antenna on them, you can verify GPS antenna functioning by holding it outside the car like imha have done.
Maybe you can get it to work by installing GPS antenna on side window ( that are fixed glass that do not go up / down )

ADAS and those things never work good in dashcams many turn it off when they get tired of listening to a beeping dashcam all the time, personally i would disable it even if it was build into my car ( if i could ) or i would buy a older car that dont have stupid stuff.

Parking guard not working could be wrong installed hard wire kit, it can be hard to find a good fuse to use in modern cars, lost of "smart" going on with the electrical system in a car too.
Putting a dashcam in my friends car too me a couple of hours and it should have been a 30 - 45 minute job, but the Mercedes smart electrics was playing tricks on me. ( and that was just 2 wires not for parking mode )
I'm pretty sure I got the right fuses as my previous BlackVue setup using the same set of fuse are working properly.
I just swapped out the BlackVue hardwire kit with 70mai ones.

For the GPS, I'll try to verify if it's the windshield causing problem by running the dashcam outside the car. Thanks for the tips!

I'm pretty sure I got the right fuses as my previous BlackVue setup using the same set of fuse are working properly.
I just swapped out the BlackVue hardwire kit with 70mai ones.

For the GPS, I'll try to verify if it's the windshield causing problem by running the dashcam outside the car. Thanks for the tips!
Did your Blackvue camera have GPS, if so did it work ok?

Did your Blackvue camera have GPS, if so did it work ok?
yes it did, but my DR750LW-2CH uses an external GPS module, which i placed it near the top of windscreen which is not covered by my VKOOL tint.
so i dont know if the VKOOL tint does block out GPS signal. but i never had any issues with GPS on my mobile phone which are mounted on my dashboard, directly under the tint.

I think Phone GPS parts are of a higher quality than what is used in dashcams ?

O yeah forgot bout that.

i tried to move the camera further up, away from the tint, and got the GPS and ADAS to work momentarily
when i drove my car out this morning, it didnt work again, so the GPS function is really spotty.

phones use A-GPS, it will work where other devices won't
I thought that just means you always get a position within seconds of start up instead of maybe waiting 10 minutes for a cold start.
Once it is connected there is no difference...

it speeds the startup, it will also fallback to using A-GPS in low signal conditions to keep it working, phones can do things like preload map info to cache to keep you working through any trouble spots, it's not about phones having higher quality GPS, they do have more smarts though

phones can do things like preload map info to cache to keep you working through any trouble spots,
Might be quite useful if our dashcams could precash video, could then use ADAS features to warn of upcoming trouble spots!

i tried to move the camera further up, away from the tint, and got the GPS and ADAS to work momentarily
when i drove my car out this morning, it didnt work again, so the GPS function is really spotty.

I suspect your VKOOL tint is blocking the A800's GPS signal.

Another way to test is to turn on the A800 outside of your car and see if it can catch any GPS signal or not.

My wife's car tint blocked the GPS signal for all the dashcams I've installed from Viofo A119v3, A129 Pro Duo, and now Thinkware F800 Pro. But only the F800 Pro was able to get connected to the GPS after driving for 10-15 mins.

I suspect your VKOOL tint is blocking the A800's GPS signal.

Another way to test is to turn on the A800 outside of your car and see if it can catch any GPS signal or not.

My wife's car tint blocked the GPS signal for all the dashcams I've installed from Viofo A119v3, A129 Pro Duo, and now Thinkware F800 Pro. But only the F800 Pro was able to get connected to the GPS after driving for 10-15 mins.
HuperOptik tint blocked GPS too

bought a GPS repeater, and got the GPS/ADAS to work.
will likely buy a battery to power the cam 24/7, and forget about the parking mode.

My A800 with rear cam running FW 1.0.6ww is not able to get any GPS data, and ADAS is not working despite successfully calibrated(voice prompt and indicator on screen shows a tick on ADAS icon). I've connected my unit using hardwire kit, My A800 unit will power up normally when i start my engine and my will prompt "entering parking mode after 5 minute" after i off my engine, so i assumed the hardwire kit is working as expected. I enabled GPS/ADAS/Parking surveillance in the settings, and also checked via app that these are indeed enabled.
Video recording is working as expected, however the speed and GPS location will just show -- -- -- -- in all the footage.
I did not get any ADAS warning at all throughout my 1 hour drive, regardless of what i do.
Parking surveillance is also not working, i tried to manually simulate impact after the camera entered parking mode, the indicator light up RED for few seconds, then died completely.
After i restart the car and check the camera, there is no parking mode footage at all.

I've checked the GPSData000001.txt in my microSD and it is completely blank.
Have tried doing factory reset, format card and both are still not working.
Been driving for 2-3 hours after i had the camera installed.

Is my unit faulty? anyone else encountered this?
I'm having the same issue. It's frustrating. It won't let me enable Parking Mode anymore. When I started using it it would do the parking mode, now it won't enable anymore. Sometimes mine will randomly power down multiple times, and you have to manually turn it on each time. I bought 2 of them for both cars when I got them and they both do the same. They need to fix this. Are you using the 70mai branded hardwire kit? I'm stuck. Do you or anyone have any insight?

Back