AA van on wrong side of road approaching bend

Kip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
JooVuu X, Shadow GT550WS, Blacksys CF-100 (dead & gone)
First thing caught on my new cam, although, I have seen worse while driving another vehicle since fitting my cam (typical!).

Just recently, they were chatting on the radio about removing white lines from the centre of roads to improve road safety... Don't think so! A simple white line down the middle of the road is a good thing sometimes, more so if it's a double line on a blind bend.

the only thing removing the line will do is improve their bottom line since they won't have to pay for paint anymore. and it'll increase the number of accidents and the morons that cause them.

funny though - over here, AA = Alcoholics Anonymous. Fitting.

what settings are you using on your cam? the fonts look strange to me.

Didn't see any option to adjust the font and I'm running whatever firmware came with it. The Blacksys player was on the SD card already when it arrived so I've just used that. As for settings I can remember; Full HD, 30FPS, Normal brightness/exposure, Superfine quality, Gsensor on lowest (still goes off), parking mode off, date/time is done automagically via GPS I presume. I guess it could be Youtube or Windows Movie Maker that has skewed the fonts, haven't got a clue what I'm doing to be honest. o_O

And dont forget AAA "Automotive Association of America" but they too dont condone such driving.

And dont forget AAA "Automotive Association of America" but they too dont condone such driving.
CAA is the Canadian version of AAA. I have seen aggressive driving from one of their flatbed vehicles. This would be in my pre-dash cam days of course. For the most part they are pretty safe. Its been years since the incident and I drive on the same stretch of road every day coming home from work, so maybe he is not with them any longer.

http://www.aaa.com/scripts/WebObjects.dll/ZipCode.woa/wa/route

Last edited:
Just recently, they were chatting on the radio about removing white lines from the centre of roads to improve road safety... Don't think so! A simple white line down the middle of the road is a good thing sometimes, more so if it's a double line on a blind bend.

Apparently in India and Sri lanka, they have just added the lines like 10 years ago or so. One second generation Indian-Canadian mechanic that drove us home told us when when he told his relatives they are supposed to drive between the lines, they said the lines were strictly for decoration!

Back