activating E button locks full file

venezian

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A139Pro
Not sure if this has been brought up before. I rarely look at my recordings so whenever I catch something mildly interesting I will activate the E button (press twice. 1 to activate screen, 2 to activate the lock file).

What I've noticed is that a few of the locked videos will be 1 minute long while the rest are full 3 minute videos.

I found this out when I went to go view a video of someone pulling out in front of me. I pressed the E button about 10 - 15 seconds after I raged at the guy. When inspecting the file it had locked a 3 minute video while I was still on the freeway, exited, made my turn and the video stops about 5 seconds before the near incident.
I had to go back into the folder where all the other videos are stored and found the next clip that showed the incident.

I found a few other files that were full 3 minute clips.

I will format the card and start over to see if it continues to do that.

I hit the E button today.

First screen shot shows the files in the regular recordings folder. Notice file ending in 380 is 64MB (30 seconds).

ueLui12.png

on the screen shot below, file ending in 381 is in the "RO" folder. This file is a full 3 minute clip. When you play this clip, the "action" i wanted to capture is happening the moment the video starts to play.
When I play file ending in 380 (the 30 second video) it's before the "action" and ends several seconds before. So i'm missing a good 5 - 10 seconds of the event.

GTMwJvT.png

When I get home I'll upload the video files on a better connection.

if using a Mac also make sure to format the card when you put it back in the camera if you've been copying or deleting any files off the card, a Mac can leave some system files that the camera doesn't know how to deal with and it can trip it up

Back