Simple power button install

Daffypuck

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nothing too special, but this is my simple hardwire solution to plugging and unplugging the cigarette lighter all the time. If it's on, then it's recording. No chance of missing anything. Outside of rare occasions, I'm never gone from my vehicle longer than 2 hrs, so why not have continuous footage in case something happens? I always back in when park.

Nice, as long as you have good muscle memory discipline. The LED helps with that.

Automatic set it and forget it is the best method to eliminate the human error factor.

For anyone else still researching, Vico-Power Plus gives you timer options and an easy toggle switch ACC/BAT modes

Youre are right. I went the economical avenue. But, I like the aspect of total control over when its recording. Hardwiring makes it where it only powers up when the key is turned over. And sometimes, you may miss something pertinent prior to the accelorometer being triggered. For me, my dashcam is like a handgun or seatbelt, I have all three ingrained in my psyche. Its force of habit. I use all three, and hope I never need them. So when I turn the key off, out of habit, I reach down and cut off the cam. Say youre walking back to your car after the super-market and someone assaults you before you open your car, you now have it on video!

when I had a radar detector 15 years back I had a switch rigged up like that incase I had to turn it off when I was pulled over or something, but what I had was a DPDT switch with a little buzzer on the other side and when switch had the detector off and the ignition on the buzzer would sound reminding me to turn the detector on whenever the ignition was on, then when I switch on the buzzer stops. and my detector also turned off with ignition.

[QUOTE="Say youre walking back to your car after the super-market and someone assaults you before you open your car, you now have it on video![/QUOTE]

Then you better always approach your car from the front, eh?

For me, my dashcam is like a handgun or seatbelt,

For me driving without dashcam is like driving naked :)
I even take dashcam when I rent cars while on the trip.

For me driving without dashcam is like driving naked :)
I even take dashcam when I rent cars while on the trip.
same here on both counts.

Back